Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

“Jos is rising again” Says Actor Akume Akume. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / “Jos is rising again” Says Actor Akume Akume. (798 Views)

Bbnaija: Tboss Again,says N25m Is Nothing To Her And Half Caste Ladies Are Hot / Bbnaija: Tboss Again,says N25m Is Nothing To Her And Half Caste Ladies Are Hot / Big Brother Naija: Ttt Denies Family Again, Says ‘they Are All Dead’ [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“Jos is rising again” Says Actor Akume Akume. by kolada10: 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
Although Actor, Musician, Model and Designer Akume is proudly a Tiv man from Benue state Nigeria, he calls Jos home. He has featured in over 30 movies and counting including some of the greats like 'Oduduwa', 'Sitanda', 'Amina' and classics like ‘Iva’, ‘’Not with my daughter and ‘The rich also cry’ just to mention a few. According to Akume, he has been privileged to have worked with the British Broadcasting Cooperation (BBC), and renowned directors like Izu Ojukwu, Andy Nwakalor, and Kenneth Gyang amongst many others.
Aside from acting, music and fashion, Akume has other passions and causes he champions. Being a loving father of three himself, he is passionate to see child abuse, neglect and begging eradicated, especially from the northern part of Nigeria; this is reflected in his songs ‘Babyallah’ and ‘Papangolo’. Akume was made the ambassador for the Fighting Male Cancer charity in Nigeria, having lost loved ones to prostate cancer the actor is keen to create awareness about the disease.
Chatting to him on the set of his latest movie ‘Meet the parents.’ (Directed and produced by Kelvin Nwekeson) Akume spoke about why he has chosen to stay in Jos.
According to Akume, Jos and Plateau State as a whole have been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons, “Our great State has seen a lot of violence, fear and segregation in the past few years, so many have had to relocate, a lot of blood was shed and businesses lost.
Akume explained that it had not always been like that, Jos was known as the home of peace, tourism, entertainment and so much more. Jos was the home of the great classics like ‘Cockcrow at dawn’ and the amazing soap ‘Behind the clouds’.
“Although we have seen great pain, Jos is rising again! Everyone is tired of the violence and wants to see a better Jos. People have been praying and the government is working to maintain peace, and I am one of those who have chosen to stay to see Jos restored to its former glory” He explained that the entertainment industry in Jos is also rising again, He said a month ago, an epic movie directed by Izu Ojukwu movie called’ Amina’ was shot in the Plateau. He noted that the movie he was on as we chatted was also being shot in the Plateau. He assured us that there was so much more coming for us to look forward to.
When asked what we can hope to see him in soon he said “I have been on a lot of movies, some of which I have been told are showing on some major TV and internet channels. I am particularly excited about my ongoing projects with Tumaini Media Service”. He explained that Tumaini Media Services is an outfit that produces movies, TV series, variety of content for TV, and manages artists amongst other things. “I work with Tumaini Media as the creative director. We have a TV series which has hit some TV channels already, called The Unveiled Truth; We shot this in the UK, USA and here in Nigeria. Our latest project however is a movie called ‘Ricochet’ It’s a great story, we start shooting soon.” He explained that the movie would be shot in Jos, and is definitely one to look forward to. Akume explained that he enjoys travelling around for work, he is set to go to the UK later in the year to feature in a movie and to promote FMC. In spite of all of these he insists home is best, he says he can’t wait to do more to see Jos rise again.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

When Fast And Furious Stars Clash: Dwayne VS Diesel, Who Will Bow? / Watch A New Trailer For “rings,” A Revival Of “the Ring” Series / Honest View About Bbnaija Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.