Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site (911 Views)

Need Content To Update My Blog... Work From Home. / Never Run Out Of Content To Publish As Blogger With FOLOWR / I Need Help On Making My Web Page Responsive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by fnep2smooth(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
I build my website on WordPress and I hosted it on hostigator with a one month plan. Two months later it got expired and I don't have any cash at that time because its expensive and am a student. so I abandoned it for like 10 months and now I want to move it from hostigator to any free hosting site who can allow me to generate 40,000 traffic in a month till am fit to pay for premium hosting.

I want to know how to move it so that all my plugins and settings I have set before is got expire to be at the same setting I put it.

please recommend some hosting site who can do the above and please till me how to move my content. thanks
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by Donald3d(m): 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
fnep2smooth:
I build my website on WordPress and I hosted it on hostigator with a one month plan. Two months later it got expired and I don't have any cash at that time because its expensive and am a student. so I abandoned it for like 10 months and now I want to move it from hostigator to any free hosting site who can allow me to generate 40,000 traffic in a month till am fit to pay for premium hosting.

I want to know how to move it so that all my plugins and settings I have set before is got expire to be at the same setting I put it.

please recommend some hosting site who can do the above and please till me how to move my content. thanks
Does the company still have a back up of ur files ?
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by TheWebDeveloper(m): 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
fnep2smooth:

You can move the site files several ways:
You can get your site files:
(1) via CPanel, create a backup copy of the site files and the associated database(s).
(2) Or download all site files with an FTP client or one built into your editor. Then download the associated database from phpMyAdmin

You can move your site files to the new web host og
(1) Upload the site files with an FTP client.
(2) Upload the site files through CPanel.
Then upload the database via phpMyAdmin.

But I doubt you can still retrieve those site files. In fact, it's highly doubtful.
Nevertheless, ...

Good luck.
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by yomalex(m): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
With what you wrote I doubt you have a backup

1 Like

Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by fnep2smooth(m): 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
yomalex:
With what you wrote I doubt you have a backup
i never back it up till it got expired.
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by yomalex(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
fnep2smooth:

i never back it up till it got expired.
It's gone Bro. You start over if you used WordPress there a loads of free & Premium plugins
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by fnep2smooth(m): 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
yomalex:
It's gone Bro. You start over if you used WordPress there a loads of free & Premium plugins
ok thank. Guess i will find it difficult to remember some stuff cos its been a while. So please can you recommend any free hosting site to re host my site that will allow me to use my custom domain name without there own extension. And they won't have any issue with my traffic like 40,000 per month.
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by resultcase(m): 12:00am On Apr 08, 2016
Simply move to blogger or pay as little as N4,500/year if u want to stick with wordpress. Looking for a free host will do u no good at all cos at d end u spend more.

Check my signature for a very reliable host.
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by yomalex(m): 6:42am On Apr 08, 2016
fnep2smooth:
ok thank. Guess i will find it difficult to remember some stuff cos its been a while. So please can you recommend any free hosting site to re host my site that will allow me to use my custom domain name without there own extension. And they won't have any issue with my traffic like 40,000 per month.
blogger.com is your best bet, if you still want to use wordpress then Godaddy $12/first year hosting (don't know if they still run it) or Namecheap $9.88/first year hosting is available
Re: How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site by fnep2smooth(m): 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
yomalex:
blogger.com is your best bet, if you still want to use wordpress then Godaddy $12/first year hosting (don't know if they still run it) or Namecheap $9.88/first year hosting is available
blogger can't give me some nice plugin i used on wordpress which was also the main reason i build it on wordpress. But thanks. The other hosting option are still expensive to me.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Sell An Ad Sense Account? (Resolved) / Promoter Needed Asap / Get Massive Traffic Now To Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.