Stats: 3,194,008 members, 7,953,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:10 AM

Should I Sell My Guys Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Sell My Guys Car? (1477 Views)

The Best Place Where I Sell My Cars Fast / How Much Can I Sell My 03 Camry With 300+ Miles / How Much Can I Sell This Car (2) (3) (4)

Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
I borrowed a friend #500,000 which he claimed was to execute an urgent business transaction and will pay with 50k interest in 2months. He dropped his Mercedes 2005 S-class as collateral. And there was a written IOU with a witness duely signed. Its 4months now and my guy have paid a dime and is begging for more time that d business didn't work out well. Please can I SELL THE car since me too I need cash. Sincere advice pls
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by apexquest(m): 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
if u are not in dire need of your money now, I would suggest u give him a little more time, say few more weeks. but the decision is exclusively yours to make.
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by chillex8(m): 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
Is he truly your friend

If he is, keep the car and wait for him to payback.

P.S. A 2005 Mercedes S-class is worth over a million naira.

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
chillex8:
Is he truly your friend

If he is, keep the car and wait for him to payback.

P.S. A 2005 Mercedes S-class is worth over a million naira.

He's my guy. We once placed a football bet of 15k years back and d guy ate my money without giving me some back out of pity even though I begged now d clown is begging for more time.
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by chillex8(m): 6:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
guymanDspecies:

He's my guy. We once placed a football bet of 15k years back and d guy ate my money without giving me some back out of pity even though I begged now d clown is begging for more time.

Like I said earlier, if he is truly your friend, you'll wait for him to payback.

If you sell the vehicle, you have lost a friend.

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
chillex8:

Like I said earlier, if he is truly your friend, you'll wait for him to payback.

If you sell the vehicle, you have lost a friend.

Thanks bro. I will wait. You gave a sincere advice.

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
Just sell the engine, transmission & control modules.

Just kidding. Please give him more time if you can.
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
0rex:
Just sell the engine, transmission & control modules.

Just kidding. Please give him more time if you can.

Chairman I fear initially. Thanks. If not for pouring my heart here almost sold the car, a serious buyer came around and wanted d car so I started nursing the idea. but guess i'll give him some time since am not really broke.

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
guymanDspecies:

Chairman I fear initially. Thanks. If not for pouring my heart here almost sold the car, a serious buyer came around and wanted d car so I started nursing the idea. but guess i'll give him some time since am not really broke.
grin Alright boss.
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2016
guymanDspecies:
I borrowed a friend #500,000 which he claimed was to execute an urgent business transaction and will pay with 50k interest in 2months. He dropped his Mercedes 2005 S-class as collateral. And there was a written IOU with a witness duely signed. Its 4months now and my guy have paid a dime and is begging for more time that d business didn't work out well. Please can I SELL THE car since me too I need cash. Sincere advice pls

organise a sham sale, call him to sign as a witness............... he will come with your money grin

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

organise a sham sale, call him to sign as a witness............... he will come with your money grin

Lol, never ever thought of this one. Thanks chief
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by eherbal(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

nigga, you're so street grin

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ! Nice one.
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by femi9naija(m): 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Come park am for my house pending when he pays back. Make me use am cruise town small grin
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by captainking(m): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
guymanDspecies:
I borrowed a friend #500,000 which he claimed was to execute an urgent business transaction and will pay with 50k interest in 2months. He dropped his Mercedes 2005 S-class as collateral. And there was a written IOU with a witness duely signed. Its 4months now and my guy have paid a dime and is begging for more time that d business didn't work out well. Please can I SELL THE car ar since me too I need cash. Sincere advice pls
sincere truth Bro.. Sell the car.. Business is business... No sentiments... Business only prospers when friends and family pays for services rendered..

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2016
femi9naija:
Come park am for my house pending when he pays back. Make me use am cruise town small grin

grin u no nice oh
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by pek(m): 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
guymanDspecies:
Oga, you are between the devil and the deep blue sea. Any action you take will backfire. What you have going for you is that it is documented. I always advice such. The truth is, you agreed to the transaction because of the interest you will make after two months. The decisions are entirely yours. No sentiments, what would he have done if the roles are reversed? There are three options here. Since the original two months have elapsed, you renegotiate for one or two more months. This is business. The other option is to try what GAZZUZZ suggested: a pseudo sell. But make sure you inform him on time. The last option is to sell the car! My candid suggestion is that you carry him along at every step. He must be present at all times. This option may look drastic but truth be told, it's your choice and you will be right. I have lost good friends that I lent money and they refused to pay.

Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
pek:
Oga, you are between the devil and the deep blue sea. Any action you take will backfire. What you have going for you is that it is documented. I always advice such. The truth is, you agreed to the transaction because of the interest you will make after two months. The decisions are entirely yours. No sentiments, what would he have done if the roles are reversed? There are three options here. Since the original two months have elapsed, you renegotiate for one or two more months. This is business. The other option is to try what GAZZUZZ suggested: a pseudo sell. But make sure you inform him on time. The last option is to sell the car! My candid suggestion is that you carry him along at every step. He must be present at all times. This option may look drastic but truth be told, it's your choice and you will be right. I have lost good friends that I lent money and they refused to pay.

Thanks all I have negotiated a 2months extension with increased interest. My mistake was really d enticing interest now all I just want it my money. The new negotiation is not signed though.
Re: Should I Sell My Guys Car? by pek(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
guymanDspecies:

Thanks all I have negotiated a 2months extension with increased interest. My mistake was really d enticing interest now all I just want it my money. The new negotiation is not signed though.
Let it be in black and white.

Auto Gurus, How Do I Raise My 2007 Toyota Camry? / A Car Wrapped With Artificial Green Grass Was Spotted In Port Harcourt / Need Lexus RX 350 4 To 5m