Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,369 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians (3568 Views)

CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Zoroastrianism - The Amazing Pre-islamic Religion Of Persians And Central Asians / The Prophecy Of Yahweh Against Otem: FAILED(Recharge Card Loading In Progress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2016
First and foremost I would like to give the credit of this thread to Osama AbdAllah as his article on this subject helped me in a big way, May Allah be always pleased with him for his Jihad for the sake of Allah, Amin.

I would love to invite carinmom so her faith in islam can become even stronger, analice107 should also come because she once said that the Quran has no revelation, This prophesy made the whole pagan arabs of makkah see the truth in islam, so they reverted to the only true faith on earth(ISLAM), maybe, just maybe this thread might make someone see the light in islam.

here is a wonderful prophesy In the Quran, that was Fulfilled in its stipulated time:

[030:002] Romans have been defeated,

[030:003] In the lowest land! But after being defeated they will emerge victorious,

[030:004] Within several years! To Allah belong the decision and the decree prior to this (event) and later. That day, the believers would rejoice,

[030:005] Over the victory granted by Allah. He helps whom He wants. And He is the most Powerful and the most Merciful.

In 617 A. D. … The Roman Emperor sent an envoy to Khusrau, praying that he was ready to have peace on any terms, but he replied, "I shall not give protection to the emperor until he is brought in chains before me and gives up obedience to his crucified god and adopts submission to the fire god."

At last, the Emperor became so depressed by defeat that he decided to leave Constantinople and shift to Carthage (modern, Tunis). In short, as the British historian Gibbon says, even seven to eight years after this prediction of the Quran, the conditions were such that no one could even imagine that the Byzantine Empire would ever gain an upper hand over Iran. Not to speak of gaining domination, no one could hope that the Empire, under the circumstances, would even survive.

Allah Almighty promised to make the Romans be victorious over the Persians just to please the Prophet and the Believers. And this Divine Prophecy and Promise indeed did come to pass after several years! Indeed, all Praise and Glory are due to Allah Almighty Alone for making the Noble Quran be the Perfect and Everlasting Miracle, for us humans, out of all of His Divine Miracles! And may Allah Almighty send His Peace, Mercy and Blessings upon our Beloved and Blessed Prophet, Teacher and Role Model, Muhammad. Ameen.

The period of the revelation of this Surah is determined absolutely by the historical event that has been mentioned at the outset. It says: "The Romans have been vanquished in the neighboring land." In those days the Byzantine occupied territories adjacent to Arabia were Jordan, Syria and Palestine, and in these territories the Romans were completely overpowered by the Iranians in 615 A. D. Therefore, it can be said with absolute certainty that this Surah was sent down in the same year, and this was the year in which the migration to Habash took place.

Syed Maudani commentary :-

"This prophecy has two parts:

1. that the Roman [Byzantine] Christians, although they have been vanquished at this time, will predominate over Iran after nine years;

2. that the Muslims shall also rejoice on the day of the Romans' victory over Iran; for they, too, shall gain victory over shirk (associating partners with Allah), although the idolaters, at that time, prided exultantly over their huge numbers."

"Muhammad In World Scriptures," Volume I, Maulana Abdul Haq Vidyarthi (New USA Edition, 1999), p. 253.

Both prophecies were actually fulfilled within ten years in 624 C.E.

"During the fixed period of time, exactly after nine years, the Roman armies entered Iran triumphantly, and on the same day Muslims also scored their victory against the idolaters on the field of Badr. The event of the Roman victory took place in 624 C.E., and it is written in the Encyclopaedia Britannica, under the heading 'Chosroes II':

"'In 624 he [Heraclius] advanced into northern Media, where he destroyed the great fire-temple of Goudzak.'"

Ibid., emphasis added.

"[Byzantine Emperor] Heraclius started his counter attack in 623 A. D. from Armenia. Next year, in 624 A. D., he entered Azerbaijan and destroyed Clorumia, the birthplace of Zoroaster, and ravaged the principal fire temple of Iran. Great are the powers of Allah, this was the very year when the Muslims achieved a decisive victory at Badr for the first time against the mushriks. Thus both the predictions made in Surah Rum were fulfilled simultaneously within the stipulated period of ten years."

Syed Maudani, supra

What is remarkable is that, at the time the Prophet revealed Surah Rum its fulfillment would have seemed extremely unlikely to objective human observers: These were the conditions when this Surah of the Quran was sent down, and in it a prediction was made, saying: "The Romans have been vanquished in the neighboring land and within a few years after their defeat, they shall be victorious. And it will be the day when the believers will rejoice in the victory granted by Allah." It contained not one but two predictions: First, the Romans shall be Victorious; and second, the Muslims also shall win a victory at the same time.

Apparently, there was not a remote chance of the fulfillment of the either prediction in the next few years. On the one hand, there were a handful of the Muslims, who were being beaten and tortured in Makkah, and even till eight years after this prediction there appeared no chance of their victory and domination. On the other, the Romans were losing more and more ground every next day. By 619 A. D. the whole of Egypt had passed into Sassanid hands and the Magian armies had reached as far as Tripoli. In Asia Minor they beat and pushed back the Romans to Bosporus, and in 617 A. D. they captured Chalcedon (modern, Kadikoy) just opposite Constantinople. The Emperor sent an envoy to Khusrau, praying that he was ready to have peace on any terms, but he replied, "I shall not give protection to the emperor until he is brought in chains before me and gives up obedience to his crucified god and adopts submission to the fire god." At last, the Emperor became so depressed by defeat that he decided to leave Constantinople and shift to Carthage (modern, Tunis). In short, as the British historian Gibbon says, even seven to eight years after this prediction of the Quran, the conditions were such that no one could even imagine that the Byzantine Empire would ever gain an upper hand over Iran. Not to speak of gaining domination, no one could hope that the Empire, under the circumstances, would even survive.

Syed Maudani, supra.

The correctness of this unlikely prophecy clearly points to Divine Revelation as the source of the Quran. This is what Arab polytheists at the time thought:

After this no one could have any doubt about the truth of the prophecy of the Quran, with the result that most of the Arab polytheists accepted Islam.

Syed Maudani, supra.

The prophecy is no less impressive today than it was over 1400 years ago!

I use this medium to invite you All to the only true faith on earth, Islam, Allah is the most merciful and the most gracious, see what Allah says:

“And those who do not invoke any other god along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace; Except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (25:68-70).

Allah is very swift in forgiving, infact that is one of his names, Al-Ghaffar, it doesnt matter if you've transgressed in the past, all you need to do is to seek repentance from him, and he will forgive you, he will not only forgive you, but he will reward you abundantly for repenting, who is more gracious and merciful than Allah? NONE!!!!

There are many verses of such nature in the Quran, but for now this is the one i remember, when i get more, insha Allah, i'll bring it.

peace be onto you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
double posts
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lol! Inaccurate prophecy. Rome fell to the Ottoman Turks of Turkey and not to Iran. Besides the Qur'an would have accurately pointed out the revival of the Roman empire as the European Union if it really referred to the fall of Rome. Once again, another failed prophecy.

2 Likes

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Lol! Inaccurate prophecy. Rome fell to the Ottoman Turks of Turkey and not to Iran. Besides the Qur'an would have accurately pointed out the revival of the Roman empire as the European Union if it really referred to the fall of Rome. Once again, another failed prophecy.
Did you read the op properly? it talked on the victory of rome over the iranians and not the fall of rome.

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Did you read the op properly? it talked on the victory of rome over the iranians and not the fall of Rome.

But the title of your post implies a Qur'anic prophecy concerning the defeat of the Romans......
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
lordnicklaus:

But the title of your post implies a Qur'anic prophecy concerning the defeat of the Romans......

well you have to read everything, the romans were strongly overpowered by the persians(this is why i said defeated), but later the romans were victorious as the Quran predicted, on that same day when the romans became victorious, the muslims conquered their oppressors as the Quran predicted, so the prophesy is a 2 in 1 prophesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
BETATRON:
Front row...lexiconkabir come and watch this thriller gringrin
grin grin no let Demmzy15 vex na, he said no comment until we are allowed, that anunaki guy must be pissing in his pants now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by badassdude: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
Allahu Akbar kabeera, Allahu Akbar kabeera, Allahu Akbar kabeera.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by UyiIredia(m): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
How can the Koran prophesy about an event that occurred before it existed ? Before there was even Islam to begin with.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
UyiIredia:
How can the Koran prophesy about an event that occurred before it existed ? Before there was even Islam to begin with.
when did the event occur? What year?
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by UyiIredia(m): 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
lexiconkabir:
when did the event occur? What year?

Just seeing the word Romans let's me know it's an event that preceded Islam. The Roman empire grew and died long before Islam came on the scene.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
UyiIredia:

Just seeing the word Romans let's me know it's an event that preceded Islam. The Roman empire grew and died long before Islam came on the scene.
ok what year did the roman empire died? it should be noted that the romans being referred to is the eastern part(constantinople)
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by UyiIredia(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:
ok what year did the roman empire died? it should be noted that the romans being referred to is the eastern part(constantinople)

It seems I was mistaken. The Eastern part held on till 1453, by then there was Islam. We learn new things everyday.

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 10, 2016
UyiIredia:

It seems I was mistaken. The Eastern part held on till 1453, by then there was Islam. We learn new things everyday.
yeah, it was the western part that died in the 4th century, this prophesy was made in 615 and that was the exact year the sassanid empire(persia) overpowered the byzantine empire(rome), maybe you should read the op.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by onetrack(m): 8:49am On Apr 10, 2016
As with all prophecies, this is easily debunked.

1) The Quran was not compiled in final written form until the 640s. The event in question happened many years earlier. Easy enough to change verses to match what actually happened, especially considering that Muhammad was still alive when the battle occurred.

2) The Persians and Romans had been battling for several centuries, with the Romans winning some battles and the Persians winning some. Predicting that one side would win a battle is hardly amazing.

It would be like me saying that I predicted the US invasion of Iraq many years before it happened, only I just got around to writing it down now.

This prophesy made the whole pagan arabs of makkah see the truth in islam, so they reverted to the only true faith on earth(ISLAM), maybe, just maybe this thread might make someone see the light in islam.

False. Upon Muhammad's death, many of the people who had converted to Islam renounced it and said they didn't actually believe Muhammad, and that they they had converted only because he was the most powerful person in Mecca. This resulted in the Ridda Wars.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 10, 2016
alright onetrack, your 2 claims are easily debunked,

1. The prophesy is in two parts, the romans will be victorious and the muslims will also be victorious on that same day, both prophesies were fulfilled accurately, if at all you claim the quran was changed to suit this event, why did the muslims became victorious that same day?

2. The Romans were almost completely overpowed by the persians that the probability of being victorious is so close to 0, yet the quran still said, the romans will be victorious, and they did, if what you claim is true, ordinarily it shouldve been written that the persians would be victorious.

Think bro, think!

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2016
@onetrack
False. Upon Muhammad's death, many of the people who had converted to Islam renounced it and said they didn't actually believe Muhammad, and that they they had converted only because he was the most powerful person in Mecca
did you used the word many? pls tell us the exact number that renouced islam, moreover the mecca of today is 100% of muslim officially, was that how it was in the past?
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Annunaki(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:
@onetrackdid you used the word many? pls tell us the exact number that renouced islam, moreover the mecca of today is 100% of muslim officially, was that how it was in the past?

We all know why it's 100% muslim so stop trying to give the impression that everybody there voluntarily became muslim.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2016
Annunaki:

We all know why it's 100% muslim so stop trying to give the impression that everybody there voluntarily became muslim.
and here comes the most clueless of all, empty barrel they say makes the loudest noise.

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Annunaki(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:
and here comes the most clueless of all, empty barrel they say makes the loudest noise.

The useless islamic resort to insults when their evil cult is being exposed. If you had any brains in that your dimwitted skull, you would have refuted my statement if you had any facts rather than expose to the whole world how daft your genealogy is.

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Annunaki:

[s]The useless islamic resort to insults when their evil cult is being exposed. If you had any brains in that your dimwitted skull, you would have refuted my statement if you had any facts rather than expose to the whole world how daft your genealogy is.[/s]
And the clueless one starts spewing tantrums just to seek attention, an empty barrel makes the loudest noice.

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by onetrack(m): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:
@onetrackdid you used the word many? pls tell us the exact number that renouced islam, moreover the mecca of today is 100% of muslim officially, was that how it was in the past?

I can't tell you the exact number as it is not recorded, however the Muslims who wrote about it mention specifically the fact that people who converted to Islam then renounced it after Muhammad's death. It's called the "Ridda Wars" because "Ridda" means apostasy, in this case people who apostasized from Islam. Go read about the Ridda Wars, this is not a disputed part of early Islamic history.

And there are no non-Muslims in Mecca because Muhammad ordered the Muslims to expel all non-Muslims from the Arabian Peninsula (ethnic and religious cleansing, which would be a crime against humanity today).

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by onetrack(m): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:
alright onetrack, your 2 claims are easily debunked, 1. The prophesy is in two parts, the romans will be victorious and the muslims will also be victorious on that same day, both prophesies were fulfilled accurately, if at all you claim the quran was changed to suit this event, why did the muslims became victorious that same day?............ 2. The romans were almost completely overpowed by the persians that the probability of being victorious is so close to 0, yet the quran still said, the romans will be victorious, and they did, if what you claim is true, ordinarily it shouldve been written that the persians would be victorious. Think bro, think!

I'm saying that prophecy is easy after the fact. In other words, this was written down after these events took place. We have zero physical proof (as in documents that can be clearly dated to before the events took places) that these prophecies were made before the events themselves. In any case, ancient history is full of people making prophetic statements that supposedly came true, only we have no proof that these predictions were actually made before the events, because the documents themselves were written after, like the Quran in this case.

This is basic historiography--I am trained in this field and this is what any historian would say about this type of thing.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 12, 2016
onetrack:
In other words, this was written down after these events took place. We have zero physical proof that these prophecies were made before the events themselves. In any case, ancient history is full of people making prophetic statements that supposedly came true, only we have no proof that these predictions were actually made before the events, because the documents themselves were written after, like the Quran in this case.
These verses in question are mekkan verses and its a fact that mekkan verses were revealed between 610-622AD, the said events of the romans and muslims being victorious happened 624AD so certainly the prophesy was made before the events.

This is basic historiography--I am trained in this field and this is what any historian would say about this type of thing.
I depended on the work of the british historian Gibbon, and he was objective enough to see that its an impressive prediction(more like a miracle)!

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 12, 2016
Bros! Give up, your work is futile. No Quranic prophecy has ever been fulfilled and will ever be fulfilled. That makes the Bible better than the Quranic textbook.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2016
onetrack:

I can't tell you the exact number as it is not recorded, however the Muslims who wrote about it mention specifically the fact that people who converted to Islam then renounced it after Muhammad's death.
I didnt say no one renounced islam after his death, what i dont agree with is you trying to make it seem as if it was thousands that renounced islam, certainly they were few in numbers.

And there are no non-Muslims in Mecca because Muhammad ordered the Muslims to expel all non-Muslims from the Arabian Peninsula (ethnic and religious cleansing, which would be a crime against humanity today).
apart from banu nadir and banu qurayza that were expelled in the lifetime of the prophet for breaking their peace treaty and waged war against Muhammad pbuh, can you pls tell me another major expulsion that happened? i'm willing to learn.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 12, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Bros! Give up, your work is futile. No Quranic prophecy has ever been fulfilled and will ever be fulfilled. That makes the Bible better than the Quranic textbook.
Irrationality at its peak, youve not been able to refute anything, empty chest beater.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Irrationality at its peak, youve not been able to refute anything, empty chest beater.

Lol!!! I hav not insulted you.... But no Quranic prophecy has been fulfilled. Your Quran says that one day, the sun will rise from the West.......

1 Like

Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Lol!!! I hav not insulted you....

did i insult you? Altho you insulted something that i respect, either ways you insulted me indirectly.

But no Quranic prophecy has been fulfilled.

you are yet to refute this one i brought, so your statement holds no water

Your Quran says that one day, the sun will rise from the West.......

This is not the topic of discussion, trying to divert? altho let me give you something interesting on the subject....

The earth did turn upside down before, which caused for the sun to rise from the opposite direction, because the earth's rotation was going the opposite direction from what it used to:

"This is not as far-fetched as it seems. The authors point to the scientific findings of physicist, Dr. Paul LaViolette, who supports this metaphysical concept in his book, "Earth Under Fire." In that book, LaViolette shows that approximately every 13,000 years or so a catastrophe, originating in the center of our galaxy, arrives from outer space and turns planet Earth inside out and upside down so that another major cycle can begin. The last time this happened large quantities of cosmic dust entered our solar system and interacted with our sun in a way that caused it to produce greater heat, thereby ending the Ice Age.

Furthermore, Dr. LaViolette has examined ice core samples from Greenland. They showed that periodic explosions from the center of the galaxy deposit cosmic dust (iridium) on the surface of our planet. These deposits occur in 13,000 and 26,000 year intervals, suggesting that the pulse from the center of the galaxy is somehow linked to the cycle of precession." SOURCE

You can also download THIS VIDEO it gives a visual view of the proof that indeed, this can(and will) happen, its just a 5mb video,

next time if you wanna deviate, open a thread for your deviation, do not derail the thread..

Enjoy....
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2016
Sorry for derailing your thread!!!!!!

The catastrophe you described is science fiction..... There are some who hold different views, some explain that the earth experienced a polar shift which cause magnificent winds to blow and causing great earthquakes.... Science fiction abounds my friend!!!!!
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Sorry for derailing your thread!!!!!!

The catastrophe you described is science fiction..... There are some who hold different views, some explain that the earth experienced a polar shift which cause magnificent winds to blow and causing great earthquakes.... Science fiction abounds my friend!!!!!
your opinion! its your right, unfortunately, its irrelevant, do not derail the thread.
Re: Quran's Correct Prophecy Of Victory Of Romans Over The Persians by badassdude: 10:12pm On May 20, 2016
Islam for life!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Sheikh Iyanu Olohun? / Santa Claus Was A Catholic Bishop Who Owned A Slave Named Black Pete / Difficulties, Contradictions And Problems In The Crucifixion Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.