Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. (3795 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / How I Caught My Cheating Wife / I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by ArinzeAlec(m): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
My neighour had a tough time time conceiving, When she eventually did, she had two kids in succession and they closed that chapter due to medical reasons. Kids are grown and enrolled in schools. Both parents are business people which means they also leave in the morning.

This couple developed a routine which leaves me with smiles. Wife wakes early in the morning and most times, the noise from her kitchen rendezvous gets me up to start my day too. Whilst busy in
the kitchen, her husband sweeps the house. Don’t ask me
how I know, cause I
see him do it and most
times I greet him in the
process. Wifey bathes the kids and the husband helps out in preparing them for school. Before 7:30am, they are on their way out. Kids get to school on time, they get to their businesses on time, everyone is happy.

A win-win situation. I also love the way they have brought up their kids. You could see their male child in the kitchen washing plates while the girl plays. When asked, she would gladly tell you it is his turn to wash the dishes. He sweeps and does whatever his sister does. He is a teenager now and I see him go to the market, I see him cook, I see him do what a normal human should do. He has been trained to understand that being a male isn’t an entitlement and no task is an exclusive preserve for the women.

Wherever he finds himself, I believe sorting out his basic needs wouldn’t be much of a problem to him.
I have heard most men say they would never do certain things and it ranges from to cleaning the house, to cooking, to washing etc. According to them, they are for women and the married ones would ask “what did I marry my wife for?

It is very heart breaking to see men who wouldn’t participate in the upbringing of their kids save for bringing money for essential commodities. It is no wonder men who bath their kids, participate in house chores are called all sort of names. What is “unmanly” about a man who know the real definition of being a father? A man who understand the role of bonding with his kids? Who set those standards? You bring a child into the world, you should be responsible for his welfare. It is very ridiculous to say “im helping my wife bath the kids or change diapers, or clean the house”. On your own kids, in your own house?? Are you okay?? I believe two adults who come together to make a family, a home should be responsible for the welfare of the home.

Leaving all duties to the woman because you feel it is her responsibility reduces her to a maid Isn’t it surprising to note that men who would rather be dead than partake in house chores demand their wives partake in the financial responsibility of the family. It is very okay for her to work, raise kids, clean home and then bring her monthly contribution while the other end remains unbalanced because You are a Man and certain duties are not cut out for you.

I have an idea on how I want to raise my kids. If God blesses me with boys and girls, I would raise them as human beings.
Humans who should be responsible for their basic need, their environment and welfare.
Humans who understand that no role is gender specific save for the ones our biological make up has prepared us for.
Humans who shouldn’t
feel any sense of entitlement because of their gender Humans who understands the
importance of teamwork I really want to break those stereotypes when I have my kids. I want to raise fine men and women who wouldn’t tow societal expectation even if it is BS just to save face The next generation shouldn’t be burdened with the load of BS we take in daily as normal This shouldn’t repeat itself, we owe our kids that much.

PS: I am not responsible
for what you make out
of this post.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by itstpia8: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
ArinzeAlec:

for what you make out
of this post.

Of course you are.
Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Danfuster(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Abeg... Who get fuel angry

2 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by byvan03: 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lovely post OP, great couple!

6 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Sistem007(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
It's very owk to raise ur children this way but u shouldn't do it so much that the girls lose sense of responsibility. You should raise ur girls to know that it's their responsibility to cook, clean the house and all those other petty things girls do in the house and the fact that their brothers are also doing it is just a way of lending a helping hand. That way the boys would learn to do all that just as u want them to and at the same time keeping the girls focused on their basic responsibilities.

4 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Blade21: 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
sensitive man like my bea

1 Like

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by egopersonified(f): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
This marriage is a partnership and not a dictatorship or competition. There are so many families like this, difference might be that when a visitor steps into the house, the husband would watch TV while the wife cooks, because world people no go fit mind their business.

11 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by UIA04(f): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
I like this.
That was how my mother raised my Brother and I and that is how I would raise my kids. My brother is soo neat and he cooks very well I used to tease him that his wife will enjoy him.

5 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by jashar(f): 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
'.... basic responsibilities' what rubbish. Mtssshhhheeewwwwww

@OP, that family is great. It's everyone's 'basic responsibility to keep the home.
If you can live there, you can keep there.

9 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by soonest(f): 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nice post Op. 'They' won't see this great post. If it's on my wife won't contribute financially, you will see them ranting all over the place.

9 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by ireneidiva(f): 5:33am On Apr 08, 2016
Sistem007:
It's very owk to raise ur children this way but u shouldn't do it so much that the girls lose sense of responsibility. You should raise ur girls to know that it's their responsibility to cook, clean the house and all those other petty things girls do in the house and the fact that their brothers are also doing it is just a way of lending a helping hand. That way the boys would learn to do all that just as u want them to and at the same time keeping the girls focused on their basic responsibilities.
Mtchew. Did you even read what the op wrote? Who made cooking a girl's basic responsibility? So her brother cooking what he will eat is helping her out? Smh

14 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Sistem007(m): 6:42am On Apr 08, 2016
ireneidiva:

Mtchew. Did you even read what the op wrote? Who made cooking a girl's basic responsibility? So her brother cooking what he will eat is helping her out? Smh

Smiles...Ain't gon trade words with u girl. I dint expect any less. A lady will always speak like a lady #Winkz

1 Like

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by mencade5(m): 7:32am On Apr 08, 2016
op....thank you.
Presently that is what my fiancee and I are doing.

When we are together and there is heat and she lie down to sleep i normally take the hand fan and fan her while she sleep.

There was a time she went to plait her hair in one store and the heat was too much with no light. She was sweating. Same with me i had to fan her and myself. Come and see how people were passing and watching us. She is my would be wife and we like to live our lives that way. Wetin concern nigeria people?

She normally comes to my place wash for me. Cook from home and bring to me in my house. We r always together every evening but amebo nigeria people just dey side talk anyhow. We no send them oooo

i sometimes take food i cook at times to her. And she eats it and thank me so much.

She is my lover ,my friend my prayer partner and my wife to be.

Amebo people we no send una oooo

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Pidggin(f): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2016
This is the best way to raise considerate future men.

3 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by ArinzeAlec(m): 8:03am On Apr 08, 2016
mencade5:
op....thank you.

When we are together and there is heat and she lie down to sleep i normally take the hand fan and fan her while she sleep.

There was a time she went to plait her hair in one store and the heat was too much with no light. She was sweating. Same with me i had to fan her and myself. Come and see how people were passing and watching us. She is my would be wife and we like to live our lives that way. Wetin concern nigeria people?

She normally comes to my place wash for me. Cook from home and bring to me in my house. We r always together every evening but amebo nigeria people just dey side talk anyhow. We no send them oooo

i sometimes take food i cook at times to her. And she eats it and thank me so much.

during my teenage days then, i was also of the opinion not to open a door (even the least kitchen door) to even my wife or girlfriend due to the immature opinion then but being & lending a helping hand to my girl in the kitchen to say the least has been one of her favourite moments with me. We rare bro, keep it strong for the world.

6 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by ireneidiva(f): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2016
Sistem007:

Smiles...Ain't gon trade words with u girl. I dint expect any less. A lady will always speak like a lady #Winkz
Whatever that means.
Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by An0nimus: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2016
lalasticlala kindly move this thread to FP let's change the mindset of someone today.

2 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Sistem007(m): 10:43am On Apr 08, 2016
ireneidiva:
Whatever that means.
Aii wink
Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by dangotesmummy: 10:45am On Apr 08, 2016
soonest:
Nice post Op. 'They' won't see this great post. If it's on my wife won't contribute financially, you will see them ranting all over the place.
take 5 grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Sistem007(m): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2016
mencade5:
op....thank you.

A man can only be this nice and loving to a woman who respects and adores him...my problem is with those women who can't respect a man and will open their coco yam mouth to say they can't take shit from any man, yet come here and complain that their husbands show them no love and at the same time envy men who treat their women right. The bottom line is, treat ur man like a King and he will in turn worship the ground u step on. That's the simple secret many small girls (who call themselves women) of nowadays don't understand.

1 Like

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by marbee(f): 11:32am On Apr 08, 2016
Nice post. Don't mind some men,to clean your own house is a crime,to look after your own children they can't do it,just because they think it's the sole responsibility of the woman,
I wonder were that their mindset comes from,I put it down to the upbringing of their parents.

3 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by LewsTherin: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
It's a choice thing.
You can choose to live in peace and happiness with your family or you can choose to be miserable but fulfil the role others expect from you (a MAN of the house or a WOMAN WHO DON'T TAKE SNOT FROM ANY MAN) Your choice.
Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Gerrard59(m): 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nice and commendable.

Same way my parents brought us up. Everyone is required to wash, cook, clean and perform any house chores irrespective of the gender. I have vowed that's how my child(ren) will be brought up in co-operation with my future wife.

Today the training is exhibiting itself in our lives. I wash, cook, clean, go market(started going to market (Rumokoro) at the age of seven) and do every other chore in my apartment in school ditto my brother and sister. As a result of such training, I don't like my clothes to be washed by anyone other than I or a dry cleaner.

That's how individuals should be raised; to be responsible, disciplined, self-sustaining and this MUST be done irrespective of the gender.

Kudos to the family.

8 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by ojac1: 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
Am happpy oh. I keep saying it. Thank God pple have same reasoning. I tire for shallow thinking.

ArinzeAlec:
My neighour had a tough time time conceiving, When she eventually did, she had two kids in succession and they closed that chapter due to medical reasons. Kids are grown and enrolled in schools. Both parents are business people which means they also leave in the morning.

This couple developed a routine which leaves me with smiles. Wife wakes early in the morning and most times, the noise from her kitchen rendezvous gets me up to start my day too. Whilst busy in
how I know, cause I
see him do it and most
times I greet him in the
process. Wifey bathes the kids and the husband helps out in preparing them for school. Before 7:30am, they are on their way out. Kids get to school on time, they get to their businesses on time, everyone is happy.

A win-win situation. I also love the way they have brought up their kids. You could see their male child in the kitchen washing plates while the girl plays. When asked, she would gladly tell you it is his turn to wash the dishes. He sweeps and does whatever his sister does. He is a teenager now and I see him go to the market, I see him cook, I see him do what a normal human should do. He has been trained to understand that being a male isn’t an entitlement and no task is an exclusive preserve for the women.

Wherever he finds himself, I believe sorting out his basic needs wouldn’t be much of a problem to him.
I have heard most men say they would never do certain things and it ranges from to cleaning the house, to cooking, to washing etc. According to them, they are for women and the married ones would ask “what did I marry my wife for?

It is very heart breaking to see men who wouldn’t participate in the upbringing of their kids save for bringing money for essential commodities. It is no wonder men who bath their kids, participate in house chores are called all sort of names. What is “unmanly” about a man who know the real definition of being a father? A man who understand the role of bonding with his kids? Who set those standards? You bring a child into the world, you should be responsible for his welfare. It is very ridiculous to say “im helping my wife bath the kids or change diapers, or clean the house”. On your own kids, in your own house?? Are you okay?? I believe two adults who come together to make a family, a home should be responsible for the welfare of the home.

Leaving all duties to the woman because you feel it is her responsibility reduces her to a maid Isn’t it surprising to note that men who would rather be dead than partake in house chores demand their wives partake in the financial responsibility of the family. It is very okay for her to work, raise kids, clean home and then bring her monthly contribution while the other end remains unbalanced because You are a Man and certain duties are not cut out for you.

I have an idea on how I want to raise my kids. If God blesses me with boys and girls, I would raise them as human beings.
Humans who should be responsible for their basic need, their environment and welfare.
Humans who understand that no role is gender specific save for the ones our biological make up has prepared us for.
Humans who shouldn’t
feel any sense of entitlement because of their gender Humans who understands the
importance of teamwork I really want to break those stereotypes when I have my kids. I want to raise fine men and women who wouldn’t tow societal expectation even if it is BS just to save face The next generation shouldn’t be burdened with the load of BS we take in daily as normal This shouldn’t repeat itself, we owe our kids that much.

for what you make out
of this post.

3 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by MMotimo: 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nice to see that the cohesion of a family working in sync would impress an outsider.

Marriage is a partnership, your kids just become a part of that organization as your family expands.

2 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Fanirandele: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
This is how to raise well adjusted boys who don't think women are their slaves and women who won't settle for less than they deserve.

6 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
ArinzeAlec:

how I know, cause I
see him do it and most
times I greet him in the

Humans who shouldn’t

for what you make out
of this post.
reading this piece made me so emotional
I pray I find a man lik dis

Men are so quick to say domestic job belong to d girls..buh so slow to say financing the family belongs to men.
U want ur wife to be ur maid nd at d same time provide 50% of d family income
Bros but why angry

2 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by obiak4(m): 3:17am On Apr 10, 2016
egopersonified:
This marriage is a partnership and not a dictatorship or competition. There are so many families like this, difference might be that when a visitor steps into the house, the husband would watch TV while the wife cooks, because world people no go fit mind their business.
what's the fuuuk is the bussiness of world ppl in my marriage?? in akiolu voice the should visit the lagoon?
it me and wifey they should go and die.

2 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by EfemenaXY: 5:58am On Apr 10, 2016
It's good to read most of the posters on here supporting a marriage where both partners work at it together, rather than just one.

Hopefully, these opinions are a reflection of what today's society is (should be) - positive change for the better.

3 Likes

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by akike: 6:33am On Apr 10, 2016
Sistem007:
Bla Bla Bla

Everyone should learn to take care of themselves!

If you don't have a goddamn good reason like not liking it, you deserve to be executed!
Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by akike: 6:40am On Apr 10, 2016
Sistem007:

A man can only be this nice and loving to a woman who respects and adores him...my problem is with those women who can't respect a man and will open their coco yam mouth to say they can't take shit from any man, yet come here and complain that their husbands show them no love and at the same time envy men who treat their women right. The bottom line is, treat ur man like a King and he will in turn worship the ground u step on. That's the simple secret many small girls (who call themselves women) of nowadays don't understand.
You know you are a very bad liar! Respect ko, adore ni! Like mor.onic men care! undecided

Ermmmm....sweeping should have killed the man! I heard that when men take on domestic chores, their joysticks reduce in size, their voices get thinner, they essentially lose their masculitnity and with time, they die grin

1 Like

Re: A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest. by EfemenaXY: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2016
akike:
You know you are a very bad liar! Respect ko, adore ni! Like mor.onic men care! undecided

Ermmmm....sweeping should have killed the man! I heard that when men take on domestic chores, their joysticks reduce in size, their voices get thinner, they essentially lose their masculitnity and with time, they die grin

grin grin grin

Declare your gender. Right now. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divorce Is Not The Answer. / Every Family Should Have This In Thier Homes!!! / Meet The Set Of Quadruplets With Different Race Colors Born To Same Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.