Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way (1472 Views)

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise / Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids / Finally, Atheists Can Be Proven Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
Matthew 11:25-26
Jesus said-Thank you,father,lord of heaven and earth.You've concealed your ways from sophisticates and KNOW-IT-ALLS..but spelt them out CLEARLY to ordinary people.Yes,father, thats the way you like to work.
...You can see it all in d bible..no one comes to the father except he draws him close...dat shud bother u...if u still don't understand his ways till now..if u still havn't been drawn close...for his ways are not ours...so please...when people...'very intelligent' people start raising arguments....its best u let them b...first pray for God to make them ordinary people...because it is very difficult for the Earthly wise..to understand God...so if its like U can't understand God...I am glad I can understand you..God bless
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Shollyps(m): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
hmmm ......you are beautiful...

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by onetrack(m): 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
And you will never understand the ways of the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER until you draw him close.

6 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Humblebloke(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
undecided......your point

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by HardMirror(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
KweenSisan:
Jesus said-Thank you,father,lord of heaven and earth.You've concealed your ways from sophisticates and KNOW-IT-ALLS..but spelt them out CLEARLY to ordinary people.Yes,father, thats the way you like to work.
...You can see it all in d bible..no one comes to the father except he draws him close...dat shud bother u...if u still don't understand his ways till now..if u still havn't been drawn close...for his ways are not ours...so please...when people...'very intelligent' people start raising arguments....its best u let them b...first pray for God to make them ordinary people...because it is very difficult for the Earthly wise..to understand God...so if its like U can't understand God...I am glad I can understand you..God bless
Hehehe grin
The bible is indeed complete

Comes with consolation to make you feel good about stupidity. So you think people asking relevant questions are the foo.ls while people not asking any questions but believing bull.shit are wise!
Yorubas say a man that asks questions never misses his way

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by finofaya: 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
You don't understand God's ways either since his ways are mysterious. You are over rating the value of understanding God.

6 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
why Christians will never understand the tooth fairy

4 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
grin I don't know whether to call this consolation or just plain confusion

Abeg who get fuel

5 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
Genuinely, am not the one who believes in scaring people to take things seriously...but this is a matter of urgency...I read all sort of posts and comments on this forum...where atheists say a whole lot of things...

Really if you had a loved one on the sick bed battling for life...and he received his healing through your belief in Christ..it really wouldn't matter to you if Jesus walked on water or if he did not....It's not the walking on water that matters..but as usual...we make a joke outta everything

Or a friend condemned to a wheel chair walks in Jesus' name...is that when you'll believe...we make a mockery of miracles....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GENERATION?

Is it not obvious that our complacency to everything has taken us into a spiritual coma...but coma is not real life...please we need to wake up...I beg you...

I tell you most strange illnesses were let in by sin...you don't see God at work..SIN!...he's not a lover of iniquity and a lot of US are bone deep in that.

AT A POINT IN MY LIFE I BECAME DOUBTFUL..wanted to know why a whole lot of things were the way they were(the thing knowledge does ehn) why should I do this?...and not do this?..It sank so deep I took a lot of things including telling the world about Jesus for granted...everyone wasn't meant to preach...I concluded(well everyone was was not meant to preach in one particular way)

I even encountered a man who explained in detail how religion was just man trying to reach out to a God...but the difference in Christianity is God tries to reach us too..but if you are not willing...he won't force you..but really there is a God( someone's saying is this what she came to say..be looking for something realer..lol)...if you're still doubtful at this point I fear for you...truly everything we see is basically vanity...don't be so much of a seer you crave to see God too...I even heard someone ask..is your God not a God of the living?? why wait till we die for us to believe in his existence...because he's Ifa abi??..God is spirit(Muslims would have issues with this...but you can study about it to clear your doubts) and if you become his friend..he will reveal himself...if you think you are principled...you don't know God..

Even when you fly in an airplane do you notice when you fly over your family house?..but here's a God who gave you the holy spirit to show how much he truly cares....I know science has said a lot of things..I love science too but I don't know what you've heard that planted those doubts that you've allowed to grow deep roots...we all need MERCY....All these numerous questions would seem like pure foolishness soon..even 'self made' wouldn't help you...God is after your soul...that which we have so neglected...It's so great how forgiving God is.

He's not silent as you think...you're just not LISTENING..you should try to listen more and talk less..always..even if you're a public speaker.

HIV/AIDS is being cured and because you saw them by-pass a tumor you laugh over it?? which one has your faith healed..even Headache..stop this unhealthy rivalry..we all need Jesus..even the MUSLIMS know Jesus..he's a prophet with a message..he's God's way to reach you now....allow communication take place.

Please say- Lord Jesus...come into my life..am sorry for all have done and said...have mercy on me and come take your place in my life..help me to live a life that is pleasing to you...I LOVE YOU....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by hopefulLandlord: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
KweenSisan:
Genuinely, am not the one who believes in scaring people to take things seriously...but this is a matter of urgency...I read all sort of posts and comments on this forum...where atheists say a whole lot of things...

Really if you had a loved one on the sick bed battling for life...and he received his healing through your belief in Christ..it really wouldn't matter to you if Jesus walked on water or if he did not....It's not the walking on water that matters..but as usual...we make a joke outta everything

Or a friend condemned to a wheel chair walks in Jesus' name...is that when you'll believe...we make a mockery of miracles....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GENERATION?

Is it not obvious that our complacency to everything has taken us into a spiritual coma...but coma is not real life...please we need to wake up...I beg you...

I tell you most strange illnesses were let in by sin...you don't see God at work..SIN!...he's not a lover of iniquity and a lot of US are bone deep in that.

AT A POINT IN MY LIFE I BECAME DOUBTFUL..wanted to know why a whole lot of things were the way they were(the thing knowledge does ehn) why should I do this?...and not do this?..It sank so deep I took a lot of things including telling the world about Jesus for granted...everyone wasn't meant to preach...I concluded(well everyone was was not meant to preach in one particular way)

I even encountered a man who explained in detail how religion was just man trying to reach out to a God...but the difference in Christianity is God tries to reach us too..but if you are not willing...he won't force you..but really there is a God( someone's saying is this what she came to say..be looking for something realer..lol)...if you're still doubtful at this point I fear for you...truly everything we see is basically vanity...don't be so much of a seer you crave to see God too...I even heard someone ask..is your God not a God of the living?? why wait till we die for us to believe in his existence...because he's Ifa abi??..God is spirit(Muslims would have issues with this...but you can't study about it to clear your doubts) and if you become his friend..he will reveal himself...if you think you are principled...you don't know God..

Even when you fly in an airplane do you notice when you fly over your family house?..but here's a God who gave you the holy spirit to show how much he truly cares....I know science has said a lot of things..I love science too but I don't know what you've heard that planted those doubts that you've allowed to grow deep roots...we all need MERCY....All these numerous questions would seem like pure foolishness soon..even 'self made' wouldn't help you...God is after your soul...that which we have so neglected...It's so great how forgiving God is.

He's not silent as you think...you're just not LISTENING..you should try to listen more and talk less..always..even if you're a public speaker.

HIV/AIDS is being cured and because you saw them by-pass a tumor you laugh over it?? which one has your faith healed..even Headache..stop this unhealthy rivalry..we all need Jesus..even the MUSLIMS know Jesus..he's a prophet with a message..he's God's way to reach you now....allow communication take place.

Please say- Lord Jesus...come into my life..am sorry for all have done and said...have mercy on me and come take your place in my life..help me to live a life that is pleasing to you...I LOVE YOU....

Oga, pray for an amputee to grow a limb or shut up

All those miracles you listed happens to adherents of most of the other religions too

Nothing peculiar to yours

And, newsflash, it also happens to atheists

Your people also face the same misfortunes as other religions

Open your eyes

Leave the gathering of Deluded people that believe a handsome half unclad carpenter who was a bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was crucified on the cross like a traitor, beaten and tortured while deluding himself into thinking he is the son of god only to get to the cross and realizing his folly cried out "my god my god why have thou forsaken me" and even begging his imaginary father to make the cup pass away from him is their personal saviour

Atheists have simply freed themselves from that folklore and are also trying to free you from such

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Oga, pray for an amputee to grow a limb or shut up

All those miracles you listed happens to adherents of most of the other religions too

Nothing peculiar to yours

And, newsflash, it also happens to atheists

Your people also face the same misfortunes as other religions

...Once again you missed the point
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by K9blunt(f): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
KweenSisan:

I even encountered a man who explained in detail how religion was just man trying to reach out to a God...but the difference in Christianity is God tries to reach us too..but if you are not willing...he won't force you..but really there is a God( someone's saying is this what she came to say..be looking for something realer..lol)...if you're still doubtful at this point I fear for you...truly everything we see is basically vanity...don't be so much of a seer you crave to see God too...I even heard someone ask..is your God not a God of the living?? why wait till we die for us to believe in his existence...because he's Ifa abi??..God is spirit(Muslims would have issues with this...but you can't study about it to clear your doubts) and if you become his friend..he will reveal himself...if you think you are principled...you don't know God..

Hmn...........

The points you raised here, it's pretty obvious you just want to believe in an imaginary being when you feel helpless..... Believe me I know how that feels cause I feel like that most times in terrible circumstances.

It doesn't mean sky daddy is real, it's human nature to seek for something stronger than us to rule us.... 'slave mentality'

But the ones that refused to believe in imaginary beings are living with their stronger masters called 'concience` which most of those ruled by imaginary beings lack in spite of the moral teachings they claim their book says.

That some people get healed miraculously doesn't mean there isn't an explanation for them, or mysterious happenings.... It just takes time before science finds the answers to such mysteries.

And madam I know you were trying to subtlety yab us atheist so it means you want trouble...

I will tell you this for free.......

BECAREFUL!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Ranchhoddas: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
KweenSisan:
...Once again you missed the point
I am afraid I also missed it. What's the point?
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by promise10: 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
K9blunt:

Hmn...........

The points you raised here, it's pretty obvious you just want to believe in an imaginary being when you feel helpless..... Believe me I know how that feels cause I feel like that most times in terrible circumstances.

It doesn't mean sky daddy is real, it's human nature to seek for something stronger than us to rule us.... 'slave mentality'

But the ones that refused to believe in imaginary beings are living with their stronger masters called 'concience` which most of those ruled by imaginary beings lack in spite of the moral teachings they claim their book says.

That some people get healed miraculously doesn't mean there isn't an explanation for them, or mysterious happenings.... It just takes time before science finds the answers to such mysteries.

And madam I know you were trying to subtlety yab us atheist so it means you want trouble...

BECAREFUL!!! grin

You don't believe that God is real because you think there is no proof for that. But you believe that their is something called conscience, even without any physical proof.

Believing in the existence of conscience is just the same thing as in the case of God.

God is an imaginary being?? Really? But, the concept of CONSCIENCE is not an imaginary ideology? Man, just stop this and wake up!

You will say that if someone never told you about God, you will never has had the notion of God's existence. Whether it is true or not.

But, at the same time, if you were NEVER taught of anything like CONSCIENCE. You will NEVER HAVE HAD a sense of conscience. And that will definitely make you a no-difference from bush animals.

Judge your plain reasoning!
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am afraid I also missed it. What's the point?
..That there is a God and we all need him and need to learn to communicate with him#cause he speaks
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Ranchhoddas: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2016
KweenSisan:
..That there is a God and we all need him and need to learn to communicate with him#cause he speaks
Why does this God appear to say different things to different people?
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Why does this God appear to say different things to different people?
...not the best of analysis..but when you converse with your friends..do you say the same things to each one?..they are all different people and see things differently...but they have their standards
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
K9blunt:

Hmn...........

BECAREFUL!!! grin
nope...no yabbing meant....everyone should be careful though..you too..let's just let it lie here..we pray the life is long
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by donnffd(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

You don't believe that God is real because you think there is no proof for that. But you believe that their is something called conscience, even without any physical proof.

Believing in the existence of conscience is just the same thing as in the case of God.

God is an imaginary being?? Really? But, the concept of CONSCIENCE is not an imaginary ideology? Man, just stop this and wake up!

You will say that if someone never told you about God, you will never has had the notion of God's existence. Whether it is true or not.

But, at the same time, if you were NEVER taught of anything like CONSCIENCE. You will NEVER HAVE HAD a sense of conscience. And that will definitely make you a no-difference from bush animals.

Judge your plain reasoning!

Firstly, your premise is wrong, many atheist dont believe in God because there is no proof, I acknowledge that Noone can prove God, its an impossible feat, Atheists dont believe in God because there is no evidence for his existence. You must differentiate the two, Proof and Evidence are not the same thing when it comes to God's existence.

As for conscience, there is evidence that we have conscience, so it makes much sense it acknowledge its existence than the existence of any god.
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by lepasharon(f): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Brb
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Ranchhoddas: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
KweenSisan:
...not the best of analysis..but when you converse with your friends..do you say the same things to each one?..they are all different people and see things differently...but they have their standards
Since you've admitted that your analogy is far from good, I guess there's not much to add. I believe you are a sincere person. Stay that way... A lot of us are just trying to make sense of this crazy world that we find ourselves in. You guys on the other side of the religious divide are lucky to have made sense of yours. Goodluck beautiful one.
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by winner01(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
onetrack:
And you will never understand the ways of the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER until you draw him close.
So will you start preaching to people about the flying sphaghetti monster as from today?
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by winner01(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
KweenSisan:

It seems you are new here sweetie. Atheists in here are seriously hurting and are not willing to entertain your testimonies or discussions. Its pretty difficult to hate God and also condone comments that disprove atheism. Some of them have gone through trauma and several negative occurences and so they want as many people to join them in this rebellion against God.

I mean, how does one rationalize the fact that atheists here spend the whole day talking about a God that (according to them) does not exist.
How does one rationalize the fact that they are trying to sell hopelessness/meaninglessness to us, all to no meaningful end because the world is (according to them) supposed to be meaningless.

Meaning does not come randomly from chaos and that is enough proof of an intelligent Creator.

Great thread though. God bless you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Lexxyburg(m): 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
winner01:
It seems you are new here sweetie. Atheists in here are seriously hurting and are not willing to entertain your testimonies or discussions. Its pretty difficult to hate God and also condone comments that disprove atheism. Some of them have gone through trauma and several negative occurences and so they want as many people to join them in this rebellion against God.

I mean, how does one rationalize the fact that atheists here spend the whole day talking about a God that (according to them) does not exist.
How does one rationalize the fact that they are trying to sell hopelessness/meaninglessness to us, all to no meaningful end because the world is (according to them) supposed to be meaningless.

Meaning does not come randomly from chaos and that is enough proof of an intelligent Creator.

Great thread though. God bless you.
don't generalize based on NL.

not every atheists here is hurting.
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by Weah96: 4:17am On Aug 10, 2016
KweenSisan:

I agree with you. But this goes against the mandate of evangelism. You are to preach the gospel and entertain questions.
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by onetrack(m): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2016
winner01:
So will you start preaching to people about the flying sphaghetti monster as from today?
No, I don't lie well enough to be a preacher. cool
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2016
Weah96:

I agree with you. But this goes against the mandate of evangelism. You are to preach the gospel and entertain questions.
You lost me Sir
Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2016
@ Winner01..I could be new..and am not very much active here too...Thanks and Amen...all I want is everybody's best...manifesting through God's will...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way by KweenSisan(f): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2016
onetrack:
No, I don't lie well enough to be a preacher. cool
..every body preaches about something at one point or the other..what does that make you?....or is the term 'preach' the issue?

(1) (Reply)

HYPOCRISY--- Another "Sacrificial Offering " Envelope Spotted In Awka Ibom / Burial Pictures Of Deaconess Eunice Olawale / What The Church Says About Chain Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.