Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Tanzania Set To Surpass Brazil Top Sisal Grower In The World - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tanzania Set To Surpass Brazil Top Sisal Grower In The World (800 Views)

Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? / Nigeria Seeks Help Of Canadian Grower With ‘tomato Ebola’ Crisis / Pls I Need Poultry Grower Mash Formulation Urgently For My Birds Using; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanzania Set To Surpass Brazil Top Sisal Grower In The World by 105africa: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
Tanzania is increasing sisal cultivation with the aim of producing as much as 100,000 metric tons a year by 2021 and eventually surpassing Brazil, the world’s largest grower of the crop, the head of the industry regulator said.

The East African country, which is the second-biggest producer of the fiber used in textiles and dartboards, has been implementing a 10-year production plan since 2012, Yunus Mssika, the director of the Tanzania Sisal Board, said Tuesday in a phone interview from the coastal town of Tanga.

“Our aim is to overtake Brazil because in the past Tanzania used to be the leading sisal producer,” he said. “Right now the demand for fiber is so huge and what we produce is essentially a small portion of the demand. We cannot match the demand.”
READ MORE HERE: http://www.105africa.net/africa-tanzania-set-surpass-brazil-top-sisal-grower-world/

Re: Tanzania Set To Surpass Brazil Top Sisal Grower In The World by dgitrader(m): 3:46am On Apr 08, 2016
This crazy crop. No fertilizer needed, no pest worries, no insects, no grazing attacks, no thefts, no weeds, no drought, no mentainance. Even fire cant kill it. Wasting away all over the north. Yet some countries earn bullions from it. We even import its finished products. What a shame. How I wish theres any processors around, I will love to cultivate it.
Re: Tanzania Set To Surpass Brazil Top Sisal Grower In The World by kk4real: 8:33am On Apr 08, 2016
dgitrader:
This crazy crop. No fertilizer needed, no pest worries, no insects, no grazing attacks, no thefts, no weeds, no drought, no mentainance. Even fire cant kill it. Wasting away all over the north. Yet some countries earn bullions from it. We even import its finished products. What a shame. How I wish theres any processors around, I will love to cultivate it.

Do you know precisely location where sisal is grown in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Set To Surpass Brazil Top Sisal Grower In The World by dgitrader(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
kk4real:

Do you know precisely location where sisal is grown in Nigeria?

plateau, bauchi, and by extension it will do well in Benue, nassarawa, fct, kaduna and niger.
Re: Tanzania Set To Surpass Brazil Top Sisal Grower In The World by EyeofanEagle(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2016
dgitrader:
Damn it!never know we got this in Naija too!saw the processing company while i was in Dar months ago

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Myself / I Am In Need Of Constant Supplier Of Chicken Eggs / Packaged Smoked Catfish For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.