Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (15326 Views)

Free Broiler Grower And Finisher Feed Formulation Whatsapp Group / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 9:59am On Oct 16, 2016
Good day. Please to the poultry experts in the house like Turk, is it true that giving your broilers actually slows down their growth? I read somewhere where Noeloge82 said it, and I tried it with my birds, and went straight to Finisher from Starter as he suggested, but now, after two weeks, I am regretting. They haven't grown much, and their growth actually look stunted. Please, someone help me with some answers. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 10:08am On Oct 16, 2016
Please I need an answer ASAP! Thank you.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 16, 2016
Grower feed makes broilers less fatty, thus less weight.
The European recommendation for broilers nutrition is below
Starter 0-10 days
Grower 11-25 days
Finisher above 25 days

When I raised my 77 doc broilers, the seller recommended using starter to finisher and avoiding grower. I lost only two at the 9th week due to cardio vascular failure as a result of too much fats.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 16, 2016
The vet doctor said there was too fat as result of my feeding schedule.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 10:52am On Oct 16, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Grower feed makes broilers less fatty, this less weight.
The European recommendation for broilers nutrition is below
Starter 0-10 days
Grower 11-25 days
Finisher above 25 days

When I raised my 77 doc broilers, the seller recommended using starter to finisher and avoiding grower. I lost only two at the 9th week due to cardio vascular failure as a result of too much fats.

Hmm! So are you saying when you raised your 77 doc, you went from starter to finisher, which caused too much fat in your chickens?
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
The vet doctor said there was too fat as result of my feeding schedule.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2016
I need more input on this. Thank you.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2016
kayo80:

Hmm! So are you saying when you raised your 77 doc, you went from starter to finisher, which caused too much fat in your chickens?
Yes
Starter was for 4 weeks and finisher to 9 weeks. Average weight was 3.5 to 4.5kg

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 10:58am On Oct 16, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Yes
Starter was for 4 weeks and finisher to 9 weeks. Average weight was 3.5 to 4.5kg

Whoa! Okay. Thanks.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
I also noticed vitalfeed is superior to most other feeds in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
I also noticed vitalfeed is superior to most other feeds in Nigeria.

Hmm! Okay. I haven't seen that in Ibadan though.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
kayo80:

Hmm! Okay. I haven't seen that in Ibadan though.
It should be. It's a product of uac foods.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by jfkenny(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
38days broiler, raising 99,, 4bags of Starter, 5 1|2 BAGS of finishers..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
jfkenny:
38days broiler, raising 99,,
4bags of Starter, 5 1|2 BAGS of finishers..

Nice. Do you have an idea what they weight now?
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by jfkenny(m): 5:52am On Oct 17, 2016
kayo80:

Nice. Do you have an idea what they weight now?
No I don't know..

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2016
jfkenny:

No I don't know..

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 17, 2016
What I read in a trial comparing noilers Vs indigenous poultry without any form of commercial feed
After 25 weeks
Noilers had 2.6kg
Indigenous Ones 1.6kg

After 43 weeks
Noilers had 3kg
Indigenous had 2.2kg

It's obvious that with supplemental feed, they will grow bigger and better than without any form of supplemental feed.

See link here for more.
http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd27/9/shar27178.html

It means you don't need too much feeding like for broilers for your noilers whether it's finisher or grower feed.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 7:53am On Oct 17, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
What I read in a trial comparing noilers Vs indigenous poultry without any form of commercial feed
After 25 weeks
Noilers had 2.6kg
Indigenous Ones 1.6kg

After 43 weeks
Noilers had 3kg
Indigenous had 2.2kg

It's obvious that with supplemental feed, they will grow bigger and better than without any form of supplemental feed.

See link here for more.
http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd27/9/shar27178.html

It means you don't need too much feeding like for broilers for your noilers whether it's finisher or grower feed.

So true. Thanks for this...especially for the bolded.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Jofez: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2016
Our Growers mash is not meant for broilers at all!....Nigerian commercial feed mills don't prepare grower for broilers. If not you will hear something broiler growers mash /pellet just like broiler starter and broiler finisher. The nutritional component of our commercial growers feed can never meet the nutritional requirement of broiler. Grower is too poor for broilers. It's just a maintainance feed mainly for pullets from 8 weeks of age. Some countries prepare grower for broilers and is far richer from the grower in Nigeria. KBC has grower/intermediate for broilers from 18th day to 37th day I think. The best way to raise broilers is just using starter and finisher phase .even if you want to keep them for a longer time which is not even advisable.....use only starter and finisher and do "restricted feeding" after using starter instead of "ad libitium" some people use layer mash instead of grower mash for broilers if they want to keep them for a longer time but I may not advice that since layers feed has more calcium which the layers need for egg formation while broilers don't need them. Excess calcium will affect the internal organs of any bird. Your birds will eat more if you use growers mash!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2016
@jofez
It might be true for broilers but don't think it's necessary for noilers.
Noilers should grow well on growers feed.
I always recommend vitalfeed products though expensive but seem to have feed for all livestock.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by jfkenny(m): 11:23am On Oct 17, 2016
Is it true that broilers eat less as they age...
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
jfkenny:
Is it true that broilers eat less as they age...
i dont think so.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
So, can one feed Noilers with Starter till 8th week, and then use Finisher from then till the 12th week?
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Yitzchaq(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hi guys. I have separate Whatsapp groups for pig, snail, fish & poultry farmers. Buzz me on Whatsapp to get added. The group is to help ourselves tackle the world of farming. 08137932570.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
kayo80:
So, can one feed Noilers with Starter till 8th week, and then use Finisher from then till the 12th week?
Yes of course. But if I were to raise them, I would use starter to four weeks and use finisher for the rest weeks

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Yes of course. But if I were to raise them, I would use starter to four weeks and use finisher for the rest weeks

Okay. Cool.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2016
Jofez:
Our Growers mash is not meant for broilers at all!....Nigerian commercial feed mills don't prepare grower for broilers. If not you will hear something broiler growers mash /pellet just like broiler starter and broiler finisher. The nutritional component of our commercial growers feed can never meet the nutritional requirement of broiler. Grower is too poor for broilers. It's just a maintainance feed mainly for pullets from 8 weeks of age. Some countries prepare grower for broilers and is far richer from the grower in Nigeria. KBC has grower/intermediate for broilers from 18th day to 37th day I think. The best way to raise broilers is just using starter and finisher phase .even if you want to keep them for a longer time which is not even advisable.....use only starter and finisher and do "restricted feeding" after using starter instead of "ad libitium" some people use layer mash instead of grower mash for broilers if they want to keep them for a longer time but I may not advice that since layers feed has more calcium which the layers need for egg formation while broilers don't need them. Excess calcium will affect the internal organs of any bird. Your birds will eat more if you use growers mash!
Confirmed your assertion. Growers mash here tend to have maximum of 16% cp (vitalfeed 13%, Hybrid 15%, Rico Gado 16.8%) while broilers need about 18% to 22% for growth and fattening. Most European grower feed have about 21% cp
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by kayo80(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Confirmed your assertion. Growers mash here tend to have maximum of 16% cp (vitalfeed 13%, Hybrid 15%, Rico Gado 16.8%) while broilers need about 18% to 22% for growth and fattening. Most European grower feed have about 21% cp

Okay. Thanks for this information.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Skymiyke(f): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Grand Cereals located in Jos!
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by fidtopade: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
I reluctantly tried grower feed on my birds, guess what the result was excellent.
Re: Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? by Zicola4u: 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
can someone help me for boiler vaccination from day old till they ready for market. thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

By What Week Do You Start Giving Your Broiler Chicks Finisher Feed? / Lagos Acquires 2,134 Hectares Of Land In Other States To Boost Agriculture.. / Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.