Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Does Guest Blogging Still Work? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Guest Blogging Still Work? (729 Views)

Top 5 Major Benefits Of Guest Blogging / Is Blogging Still Profitable? / Guideline To Guest Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by haryomikun(m): 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good evening guys. I have low traffic to my blog and I was wondering how I could improve traffic when guest blogging popped into my mind.

I searched Google and saw that most posts on guest blogging was from sites owned by white people or posts dated as back as 2010

I however asked myself, even if I read news or articles on Nairaland front page, do I click the link to the source? My answer was No. I have never for once done it.

My question here is, since from my perspective, guest blogging isn't that successful in driving traffic to a blog, why do bloggers recommend it? And do they help in SEO ranking too?

www.themchub.com
Re: Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by haryomikun(m): 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
No reply yet eh?? undecided

Where are the pro bloggers to help guide a starting blogger!

www.themchub.com
Re: Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by 100ksalescom(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
grin cheesy
Bross the answer full google now.

Yes it does.

You either guest post for Traffic or for Authority.
Your strategy would determine what you want to achieve.

If i want traffic i would post on forums or Blogs that have good traffic regardless of the Page Rank, Domain Authority or Page Authority.
If i want to Strengthen my Domain/Page Authority i would carefully select the forums or blog with high Page Rank, Domain Authority and Page Authority.

Hope this helps. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by emmalexdboy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
haryomikun:
Good evening guys. I have low traffic to my blog and I was wondering how I could improve traffic when guest blogging popped into my mind.

I searched Google and saw that most posts on guest blogging was from sites owned by white people or posts dated as back as 2010

I however asked myself, even if I read news or articles on Nairaland front page, do I click the link to the source? My answer was No. I have never for once done it.

My question here is, since from my perspective, guest blogging isn't that successful in driving traffic to a blog, why do bloggers recommend it? And do they help in SEO ranking too?

Guest blogging is a good way to promote your blog especially if its new and not well none. I once did a guest post for a blog related to my niche and it brought a lot of traffic, leads and new eye balls to my blog for weeks. It just a matter of doing it the right way. Most Nigerians see it as a waste of time or don't know the benefits. The likes of Danny Inny, Sarah Peterson, Jon morrow ... all grew their blog with guestblogging.

Guestblogging is the way to go if you want to attract backlinks, traffic and good ranking in search engines. So, if you ask me: Guestblogging works grin

1 Like

Re: Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by haryomikun(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
emmalexdboy:
Guest blogging is a good way to promote your blog especially if its new and not well none. I once did a guest post for a blog related to my niche and it brought a lot of traffic, leads and new eye balls to my blog for weeks. It just a matter of doing it the right way. Most Nigerians see it as a waste of time or don't know the benefits. The likes of Danny Inny, Sarah Peterson, Jon morrow ... all grew their blog with guestblogging.

Guestblogging is the way to go if you want to attract backlinks, traffic and good ranking in search engines. So, if you ask me: Guestblogging works grin

Thanks a lot baba. I appreciate ur reply.. I'll start working on it now. smiley

BTW how long ago did u do the guest post?

www.themchub.com
Re: Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by haryomikun(m): 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
100ksalescom:
grin cheesy
Bross the answer full google now.

Yes it does.

You either guest post for Traffic or for Authority.
Your strategy would determine what you want to achieve.

If i want traffic i would post on forums or Blogs that have good traffic regardless of the Page Rank, Domain Authority or Page Authority.
If i want to Strengthen my Domain/Page Authority i would carefully select the forums or blog with high Page Rank, Domain Authority and Page Authority.

Hope this helps. smiley

It certainly helped boss. You just gave me insight. I appreciate your reply

www.themchub.com
Re: Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by emmalexdboy(m): 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
haryomikun:

Thanks a lot baba. I appreciate ur reply.. I'll start working on it now. smiley
BTW how long ago did u do the guest post?
It was last year.
Re: Does Guest Blogging Still Work? by haryomikun(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
emmalexdboy:
It was last year.
Woah. So that means it still works. Thank God sha.... I thought people don't use it again coz they don't click on sources

www.themchub.com

(1) (Reply)

Appraise This Domain Name As Its Put Up For Sale... / New Adsense Approval Trick 2016 / How To Find Similar Websites With The Audience Overlap Tool (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.