Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) (5749 Views)

The Virtues Of Patience In Light Of The Noble Quran. / He Loves You That Why He's Testing You, Patience And Dua Is What You Need. / Hadith On Patience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Newnas(m): 11:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ummu Sulaym is one of the many companions of Allah's messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam. This article is about the virtues of the companions rodiyaLLaahu anhum taking Umm Sulaym as a case study.

Patience of Umm Sulaym – Dr. Saleh as-Saleh [Audio|En]

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

One of the sons of Abu Talhah (May Allah be pleased with him) was ailing. Abu Talhah went out and the boy died in his absence. When he came back, he inquired, "How is the boy?". Umm Sulaim, the mother of the boy, replied, "Better than before". Then she placed his evening meal before him and he ate it; and thereafter slept with her. At last, she said to him: "Arrange for the burial of the boy". In the morning, Abu Talhah went to Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and informed him of the event. He enquired, "Did you sleep together last night?" Abu Talhah replied in the affirmative, on which the Prophet (ﷺ) supplicated, "O Allah bless them." Thereafter, she gave birth to a boy. Abu Talhah said to me: "Take up the boy and carry him to the Prophet (ﷺ)"; and he sent some dates with him. The Prophet (ﷺ) enquired, "Is there anything with him?" He said; "Yes, some dates". The Prophet (ﷺ) took a date, chewed it and put it in the mouth of the baby and rubbed the chewed date around the baby's gum and named him 'Abdullah.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

The narration in Bukhari adds: Ibn 'Uyainah relates that a man from the Ansar told him that he had seen nine sons of this 'Abdullah, every one of whom had committed the Noble Qur'an to memory.

The narration of Muslim says: The son of Abu Talhah (May Allah be pleased with him) who was born of Umm Sulaim died. She (Umm Sulaim) said to the members of the family: "Do not tell Abu Talhah about his son until I mention it to him myself." Abu Talhah came (home) and she gave him supper. He ate and drank. She then beautified herself the best way she ever did and he slept with her. When she saw that he was satisfied after sexual intercourse with her, she said, "O Abu Talhah! If some people borrow something from another family and then (the members of the family) ask for its return, would they refuse to give it back to them." He said, "No". She said, "Then hope reward for your son". Abu Talhah got angry, and said; "You left me uninformed until I stained myself (with sexual intercourse) and then you told me about my son. "He went to Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and informed him about the matter. Thereupon Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "May Allah bless the night you spent together!" He (the narrator) said: She conceived. (One day) Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was in the course of a journey and she was along with him. When Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to come back to Al-Madinah from a journey, he would not enter it (during the night). When the people came near Al- Madinah, she felt labour pains. He (Abu Talhah) remained with her and Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) proceeded on. Abu Talhah said: "O Rubb, You know that I love to go along with Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) when he goes out and enter along with him when he enters, and I have been detained as You see." Umm Sulaim then said: "O Abu Talhah, I do not feel (so much pain) as I was feeling earlier, so we better proceed on. So we proceeded on and she felt the labour of delivery as they reached (Al-Madinah). She gave birth to a male child. My mother said to me: "O Anas, none should suckle him until you go to Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) tomorrow morning." The next morning I carried the baby with me to Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), and narrated the rest of the story.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

وعن أنس رضي الله عنه قال: كان ابن لأبي طلحة رضي الله عنه يشتكي، فخرج أبو طلحة، فقبض الصبي، فلما رجع أبو طلحة قال: ما فعل ابني؟ قالت أم سليم وهى أم الصبي : هو أسكن ما كان، فقربت إليه العشاء فتعشى، ثم أصاب منها، فلما فرغ قالت: واروا الصبي، فلما أصبح أبو طلحة أتى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فأخبره، فقال: "أعرستم الليلة ؟" قال: نعم ، قال: "اللهم بارك لهما، فولدت غلاماً، فقال لي أبو طلحة: احمله حتى تأتى به النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم، وبعث معه بتمرات، فقال: "أمعه شيء؟" قال: نعم، تمرات فأخذها النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فمضغها ، ثم أخذها من فيه فجعلها في فيّ الصبي ، ثم حنكه وسماه عبد الله. ((متفق عليه)) .

وفى رواي

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by NwaNimo1(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2016
FTC - Nothing else to say...
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by umu(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2016
JazakALLAHU Khairan smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by ademoladeji(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2016
1. Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

2. Alhamdulillahi

3. Allahu Akbar

Lesson:

Death should be a daily reminder for us all. We do not know if today will be our last day in this world. Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) said, “Every soul shall taste death.” Everyone’s time of death is written and only Allah (swt) alone knows when we will take our last breath.

Losing a close family member through death brings feelings of emptiness that no words can convey.

As with everything we do in this world, we should always strive to seek the reward of Allah (swt), so remember to always show kindness, especially towards those affected by the death, as it is a pain too deep for one to bear alone.

JazakAllah Khaeran OP

May Allah SWT positively reward us all both in this world and the Hereafter. Ameen

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Confirmer(m): 11:20am On Apr 08, 2016
Jaza khalahu khair

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by otunbabadok(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2016
May Allah bless the ummah of Muhammad sallah Allah alehi Wa salam

2 Likes

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Anasko(m): 11:24am On Apr 08, 2016
thats the beauty of Islam

3 Likes

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Deboxoxo(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2016
Jazzakalaahu khairan

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Tfkspecial(m): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2016
May Allah have His mercies on the entire family
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 08, 2016
A woman of strong faith and patience- umm sulaim rodiyAllahu anha

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by aminho(m): 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Rabbi zid na iliman
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by ADwagir: 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
Allah Akbar my Allah help us
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by eyincrown: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
jazakumullah aeiran

Allahu akbar
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by EBRAHIMJAY(m): 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
jazakumullahu kaheiran
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by xclusiveguy4(m): 12:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
jazakumullahu kaheiran

Alhamdulilah I'm a MUSLIM!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by olatex25(m): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
الله أكبر
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Akanstic(m): 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
May Allah be pleased with her, and may He also grant Us that type of virtue (patience). Definitely Allah is with those who are patient. Jummah Mubaraq to the entire Ummah

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Chuksemi(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
Allahu akbar

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by SaintRobs: 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
May Allah Subhanahu watahala uphold in the time of tribulations,because its a sign of Allah's pleasure on His slave,as reported in one of the prophet Hadith.

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Ginsau: 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Radhiyallahu Anha
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by eitsei(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
I say jazakumllah Khaeran to the OP for sharing this with us
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by quadraheem(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Jazakallahu khairan for the post
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by classiclight(m): 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Allahu akbar
patience in Allah is very good
may Allah grant us all our heart desires Bikudiratillah (Aameen)
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by abuabdrahman(m): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
May Allah grant us steadfastness upon haqq and grant us patience in our trials . Aameen
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by KRDCROWN(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
Allahumma Lakal-alhamdu
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Naijazeera: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
JZK
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Arisheloaded(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
NwaNimo1:
FTC - Nothing else to say...

Praise and Thank Allah, you will be rewarded!

Subhanallah.
WalhamduliLlaah.
Walailaha illa Llaah.
Allahu Akbar.
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by Arisheloaded(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
ademoladeji:
1. Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

2. Alhamdulillahi

3. Allahu Akbar

Lesson:

Death should be a daily reminder for us all. We do not know if today will be our last day in this world. Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) said, “Every soul shall taste death.” Everyone’s time of death is written and only Allah (swt) alone knows when we will take our last breath.

Losing a close family member through death brings feelings of emptiness that no words can convey.

As with everything we do in this world, we should always strive to seek the reward of Allah (swt), so remember to always show kindness, especially towards those affected by the death, as it is a pain too deep for one to bear alone.

JazakAllah Khaeran OP

May Allah SWT positively reward us all both in this world and the Hereafter. Ameen

Ameen.

Jazakallah Khayran for this Reminder.

May Almighty Almighty keep you safe and increase you in all goodness. AMEEN.

SALAM ALAYKUM WARAHMOTULAH WARAHMOTULAH.

1 Like

Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by aloaye11: 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
Allahuakbar!
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by ademoladeji(m): 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Ameen.
Jazakallah Khayran for this Reminder.
May Almighty Almighty keep you safe and increase you in all goodness. AMEEN.
SALAM ALAYKUM WARAHMOTULAH WARAHMOTULAH.
Wa Iyak
Ameen and you too
Wa Alaekum Salam WaramatuLlah Wabarakatuh
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by chakula: 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Barakallah Fih.
Re: The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) by ummsulaym(f): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
I love her feesebilillah. RadiyAllahu anha

May Allah in His infinite mercy make easy for us, the righteous path to Him. and increase us in patience. Ameen!

JazakAllahu Khairan @ O.P for the reminder

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Islam Inherently Peace Or Violent? / Why Are These Muslim Countries So Peaceful? / Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.