Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. (917 Views)

Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! / UI Senate Orders Immediate Closure Of Alexander Brown Hall / Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 08, 2016
IMMEDIATE CLOSURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS.

The senate of the university of lagos at an emergency meeting held on thursday 7th april 2016, considered the situation on campus occasioned by the ongoing agitation of the student body over poor electricity and water supply in the community,and the difficulty faced by the large number of students living off campus to attend classes as a result of the fuel crisis. Senate noted that the problem of poor municipal services is a national issue that the Government at both state and federal level are addressing..

However,in order to forestall a further breakdown of law and order on campus, Senate resolved to take the following decisions until the situation normalises.

1) All academic activities on campus are hereby suspended with immediate effect.

2) The university is therefore closed with immediate efffect.

3)All student are to vacate the various halls of residence immediately.

4) A decision to re-open for normal academic activities will be taken as soon as municipal services improve

5) All members of the university community are enjoined to go about their normal activities as adequate security measures have been put in place.

6)No student should remain in the halls of residence after 10:00 am on Friday 8th April 2016 (TODAY).

SIGNED ; MANAGEMENT
Thursday 7th April 2016.

CC lalasticlala,Seun.

Photos by bataderemi. a fellow NLander
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 08, 2016
The protest began yesterday concerning no light and water issues. I am currently packing my stuff together bt I decided that my NL family must see this.

Cc lalasticlala,Seun.

1 Like

Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by alterswerve(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2016
FTC..
Unilag tho.
Someone below me is lookin for admission into that school
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by MosquitoLaps(m): 8:21am On Apr 08, 2016
You really can't blame the school management tho.
Its nationwide.
Going by the actions of the students, it will only be interesting to see other schools follow suit, coz here in Benin, we're living in the stone age (with a minimal improved condition) tho.
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by younghartz(m): 8:22am On Apr 08, 2016
alterswerve:
FTC..
Unilag tho.
Someone below me is lookin for admission into that school
So this all you have to say?
Unilag tho. undecided
Bro I hail thee cheesy
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 08, 2016
The ULSU president and PRO have been arrested.
RRS officials have currently stormed the school premises to subdue any form of violence
The students are fighting back,they don't want to leave.
This is happening as I write.
CC lalasticlala,Seun.
The world needs to see this.
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by Osama10(m): 8:35am On Apr 08, 2016
smiley
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by CertifiedFreak(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2016
Lag tho'. Every ish just has to be exacerbated. This one's gonna be one indefinite holiday.
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 08, 2016
Mods do the needful.
Cc lalasticlala,Seun.
Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef ...

Amazing decision by the University Senators, maybe, there is no budget yet for them too. Lets wait and see...

Many parents are not aware of this development as their children "go hit town" this evening.

Re: Immediate Closure Of UNILAG. by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2016
The management of the University of Lagos has closed the institution following protests by students. The Senate took the decision to shut down the school on Thursday evening at a meeting about the protests, which had disrupted academic activities. The management explained in a circular that the move was aimed at preventing the breakdown of law and order. It added that the challenges being faces by students, who were residing off campus, as a result of the lingering fuel scarcity was also taken into consideration in arriving at the decision. Students have been given till 10am to vacate the school premises.

(1) (Reply)

Apply For The Maltina Teacher Of The Year Award 2016-see Steps For Application / See The Big Lies I Used To Tell Friends In High School / Get These 4 Things Right And Life After Graduation Will Be Smooth For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.