Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha (7856 Views)

Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos / 2 Ladies Caught Stealing Money At A Plaza In Onitsha (Photos) / Pablo Escobar, One Of The Richest And Most Dangerous Drug Lords Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2016
I stay in Portharcourt and Ibadan, and whenever I'm not working (break, leave), I'm doing Locum in one of the private hospitals in Anambra State coz that's where I've spent most of my adult life.

I've worked and consulted in hospitals in most cities and villages in Anambra State. Onitsha is the most dangerous among all the cities and villages in Anambra State. Whether you're in your car or public mass transit passing through Onitsha, or you live and work there, you'll always have that feeling of a people who are socially depraved, dangerous motor park touts, very money conscious, hustling taken to another level; and most times, it's not uncommon to see two grown men digging it out in broad day light with weapons, all for their daily bread. Anything to take money home at the end of the day. People fight for flimsy reasons and road-standing policemen do nothing at all, but collect money from motorists. It's a haven for outlaws.

Bad as Onitsha is, the most dangerous place to live in Onitsha is Odekpe Onitsha. From Uga junction at Bridge head down to Atani is a lawless zone. There are countless number of cults, usually young people. They move around and drink in groups, settling scores at every opportunity. Police rarely come to this side to make arrests because it's a Naval Zone. There is a Naval Station there in Odekpe. In fact, anywhere you're living in Odekpe, you'll be seeing the great River Niger.

So you won't think I'm exaggerating, let me give you a brief run down of the cases I've handled in the past two weeks alone.

4 cases of grievous homicide. In one instance, I and the nurses where in the theatre for seven hours, suturing and repairing a face, neck and chest that was brutally damaged with a broken bottle. The assailant fled. I heard he does this kind of thing often.

6 rape cases and attempted rape cases with obvious signs of violence. I do vaginal examination on them, place them on antibiotic treatment and contraceptives. I also file out of medical reports in case they want to take it up, which I advise them to do. These are usually pretty young girls who turned down dating requests. The river Niger is quite close so they abduct these girls in the evening when they're on their way back from the market (most of them are sales girls in the market) and carry them there, rape them and send them home. Worst of it all is that the parents of these girls are often afraid to press for justice. It really baffles me.

Countless Road traffic accident victims. Reckless driving is the norm in Odekpe Onitsha. I heard there is no presence of the Federal Road Safety Corps here, and Police dare not operate here too due to the fact that it's a Naval Zone. What kind of tragedy is that? These cases are just for the clinic I consult for. Then imagine what happens in other hospitals in this area. In essence, a sum total of all the casualty figures, rape cases, and grievous homicides will surely be higher.

I'm not done. No parent can raise a decent child in this place. Young girls are snapped up by cultists once they start budding breasts, and they themselves acquiesce to these shameful relationships in my opinion, for fear of being taken by force or harassed in the streets. They keep relationships with these hooligans and miscreants for their own protection.

A pregnant woman was attacked and stabbed deeply in her thigh muscles because she went to warn off a boy from her teenage daughter. This is the height of lawlessness. No nation goes forward when insecurity is not tackled effectively. Insecurity lowers productivity and drives away investors.

Governor Willie Obiano must devise effective means to flush out gangsterism, hooliganism, and confraternal brigandages from Onitsha as a whole, especially the riverine urban areas. The whole place is turning Odekpe Onitsha into a cesspool of vice, which is making it hostile to sane living.

From a concerned citizen.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Iolite(f): 9:18am On Apr 08, 2016
Hmmm, I no fit live for any riverian settlement at all.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by amunkita(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2016
nwoke onye yoloba will u zip ur anus nd stop reasoning like ur brain cells re made of amala..

Come down to mushin, oyingbo, fadeyi in lagos nd u will refrain from this APC peanut job.

Youth re killed daily in these area, galz re raped daily and nothing happens..

I once heard from a woman at fadeyi, that she had to move her children to ikorodu with her grand mum, only on weekend she sees her children because of the vices within the community..

Infact i know of a gal who just moved in towards that area, if not that she was a man in a female body, she was almost raped in her own house.
you dare not buy flashy household item else ur house would be visited that night..

Guns re no new thing in these area.

5 Likes

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Ezedon(m): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2016
U can only become dangerous if u live in a dangerous area, the society will only influence you

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Lilimax(f): 10:03am On Apr 08, 2016
When you mentioned Odekpe @ OP, it reminds me of Amosu Odekpe.
Wherever it resides, I don't know embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Happywoman(f): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2016
Okpoko to me is the worst place to live in Onitsha
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
amunkita:
nwoke onye yoloba will u zip ur anus nd stop reasoning like ur brain cells re made of amala..

Come down to mushin, oyingbo, fadeyi in lagos nd u will refrain from this APC peanut job.

I once heard from a woman at fadeyi, that she had to move her children to ikorodu with her grand mum, only on weekend she sees her children because of the vices within the community..

Infact i know of a gal who just moved in towards that area, if not that she was a man in a female body, she was almost raped in her own house.
you dare not buy flashy household item else ur house would be visited that night..

What makes you think I'm not Igbo? See this mumu.

By the way, the thread is 'The most dangerous place to live in Onitsha', and not The most dangerous place to live in Nigeria.

Any thread that seeks to bring the attention of the law enforcement agencies to anomalies in our Igbo land, scumbags like you think the person is not Igbo but only trying to malign Igbos. Ara gbachikwa gi nti there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
Happywoman:
Okpoko to me is the worst place to live in Onitsha
Why dear? I think there is a lot of communal living in Okpoko than in Odekpe. Cultists are mute in Okpoko, if at all there are.
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by amunkita(m): 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
mentorandfriend:

By the way, the thread is 'The most dangerous place to live in Onitsha', and not The most dangerous place to live in Nigeria.

Any thread that seeks to bring the attention of the law enforcement agencies to anomalies in our Igbo land, scumbags like you think the person is not Igbo but only trying to malign Igbos. Ara gbachikwa gi nti there.

Negodu nwoke onye Ibadan claiming Igbo..

Since u work in Anambra nd Ibadan, why did u not come up with the most dangerous place in ibadan

Ara ya gbachigodu Nma gi nti first..

Scratched mole face..

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
amunkita:

Negodu nwoke onye Ibadan claiming Igbo..

Since u work in Anambra nd Ibadan, why did u not come up with the most dangerous place in ibadan

Ara ya gbachigodu Nma gi nti first..

Scratched mole face..
I don't have a single minute for you. If the truth hurts you, let it bleed you till you die. Ana m achikwanu. undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by amunkita(m): 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
mentorandfriend:
I don't have a single minute for you. If the truth hurts you, let it bleed you till you die. Ana m achikwanu. undecided

Ihu Ezi ana chikwanu

Scratched face cricket forming Igbo..
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
amunkita:

Ihu Ezi ana chikwanu

Scratched face cricket forming Igbo..
I wu amu nkita indeed. Try and have small sense na. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
mentorandfriend:

My dear, as a patriotic igbo person registered on NL_ it is an abomination to speak ill of SE states or leaders. grin

'but you finish this Onitsha shaa...I have never lived there, never visited either. Based on odekpe's location, I am not surprised at these occurrences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is my personal problem with my Igbo brothers. As far as I know, this thread is not maligning anybody, but seeking to bring attention of the general public and the law enforcement agencies to what people are passing through, (if at least Lalasticlala moves it to front page). But instead of tackling the problem with intelligent discussion and suggestions, my Igbo brothers will come for your head, calling you a Yoruba, and I ask, 'Since when has being a Yoruba become a downgrading?' Or 'Since when has being an Igbo man become an ultimate price?'

I hate bigotry. People who engage on ethnic bigotry are the lowest forms of humans. It's a shame.

9 Likes

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by amunkita(m): 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
mentorandfriend:
I wu amu nkita indeed. Try and have small sense na. cheesy

Am I not proud of that..
I am Amunkita as the moniker implies but family gi bu Ezi ohia..
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by amunkita(m): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
mentorandfriend:
This is my personal problem with my Igbo brothers. As far as I know, this thread is not maligning anybody, but seeking to bring attention of the general public and the law enforcement agencies to what people are passing through, (if at least Lalasticlala moves it to front page). But instead of tackling the problem with intelligent discussion and suggestions, my Igbo brothers will come for your head, calling you a Yoruba, and I ask, 'Since when has being a Yoruba become a downgrading?' Or 'Since when has being an Igbo man become an ultimate price?'

I hate bigotry. People who engage on ethnic bigotry are the lowest forms of humans. It's a shame.

O dika aha Nna gi bu Bigotry
Akpa Amu ewu..
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
amunkita:

O dika aha Nna gi bu Bigotry
Akpa Amu ewu..

Lol. Typical street urchin. Change brother.
grin

7 Likes

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by amunkita(m): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
mentorandfriend:

Lol. Typical street urchin. Change brother.
grin

Since u re quick to recognize a typical street urchin shows u ve loads of them as Umu Nwanne gi..
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Anytime I visit Onitsha, I'm always advised to mindful of Upper Iweka and be at alert whenever I'm there.

I'm yet to notice any lawlessness around that area though.
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
iAmCharis:
Anytime I visit Onitsha, I'm always advised to mindful of Upper Iweka and be at alert whenever I'm there.

I'm yet to notice any lawlessness around that area though.

Ya. Upper Iweka used to be very dangerous o, but Gov Peter Obi, and now, Gov Willie Obiano has done a great job there.

However, I have this feeling that only a very few government officials know what is happening in Odekpe Onitsha. I'm going back to my Base in PH next week, but I can't stop thinking about all I've seen in just two weeks.

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by obimath(m): 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
Op,you are a liar and also a novice in anambra. State
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2016
obimath:
Op,you are a liar and also a novice in anambra. State
OK. Daalu rinne di ayi.
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by gynny(f): 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
all these back and forth insults in igbo got me laughing. Reading in igbo is kind of a challenge, so i have to read them slowly. Well guys, calm down small, some parts of onitsha are dangerous #fact. Stop attacking Op biko.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by mentorandfriend(m): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
gynny:
all these back and forth insults in igbo got me laughing. Reading in igbo is kind of a challenge, so i have to read them slowly. Well guys, calm down small, some parts of onitsha are dangerous #fact. Stop attacking Op biko.

Nne see me see trouble o.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 02, 2016
From asaba park down to head bridge is one area i dread so much. i can relate to the number one vice. its common in every part of onitsha, upper iweka, tarzan down to obosi park.
but willie is really trying in curbing the nefarious activities of these touts in onitsha. Atleat snatching of phones and bags has reduced drastically.

just like onitsha, every state has its own vice ridden areas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Doclight(m): 9:46pm On May 04, 2016
Excuse me sir!
Must you rain abuses before you make your point?
What is happening to Nigeria my brother?
It was all actually the Op's opinion as personal to him, your duty is to get informed just incase in the nearest tomorrow you might have an opportunity to stay in a town in Anambra.
N:B Why arguing with the Op about his ethnicity? "Na you born am??"
Meanwhile my brother, "Biko, ozugo"
and always try to express your opinion in public calmly, as everyone can't be of same opinion with you, that's why there is VARIATION. PEACE!!!
amunkita:

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by GideonOmach(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
amunkita:

Daddy m, odironu rational ibia eba na-akonu tupu commentia o Biko? diri careful ibu onye izizi mmazi-aka na ogbaghara gbasara ndi asusu ozo, n'okwanu Nwanne K'anyi Nile bu. Udo!

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by ifyalways(f): 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
A na-akogheri.

The point of this thread bu gini? I cho I tu aka n'be nna gi, tuo ya n'asusu Igbo dika nwafor nwulu nmili ara. I na-edezi ya na Oyibo maka onye?

Onye julu gi btw? O no na ndo fu onwa. Onye Ochonganoko! Onye ka I denari n'essay? Ijiji ha ndi singing, mbe ha ndi coat.
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by hedonistic: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
I passed through Onitsha the other day en route..... And when my friend dropped me off somewhere along Upper Iweka to find a connecting vehicle to my destination, my alertness level was on RED.. MAYDAY MAYDAY; probably would have killed anyone who came close enough to me to say 'hi'. The fact that I had a big travelling bag and about N120k in cash made it even worse. My hand was tapping my concealed weapon every second, and I was super alert until I left Onitsha.

It's a messed up city. Even as an Nwa Afo, I simply hate the city and everything it represents.. Local, lousy, noisy, anti-social, rowdy, unmethodically mad animals everywhere. Awka is definitely saner and far more civilised. It seems all the deadliest and most despicable idiots and dregs of the earth from Anambra State are habitually dumped off at Onitsha to unleash their menace to society.

I can't raise my kids in Onitsha even if offered a million dollars. Make it a billion dollars and maybe I'll consider. At least I'll be able to recreate civilisation in my immediate domain and create a lifetime of governor-level security around my family. Nonsense and ingredients!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by SirBlack999(m): 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
amunkita:

So because it also happens in your hood he should keep quiet? BTW, I know all those areas in Onitsha and the OP is speaking the truth. Rape cases are on the rise in those neighborhoods and something needs to be done.

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by SirBlack999(m): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
ifyalways:
A na-akogheri.

The point of this thread bu gini? I cho I tu aka n'be nna gi, tuo ya n'asusu Igbo dika nwafor nwulu nmili ara. I na-edezi ya na Oyibo maka onye?

Onye julu gi btw? O no na ndo fu onwa. Onye Ochonganoko! Onye ka I denari n'essay? Ijiji ha ndi singing, mbe ha ndi coat.
you don't hide your pregnancy.
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Jabioro: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
The real Onitsha picture in words.. the truth has been told,.I like the OP he mind no words, and shield no facts words, he said it as its.. he remained unknown hero,he has refused to covered lies. All South East leaders must rise to this occasion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pervert Man Presses Lady’s Ass In Lagos Public Bus. Watch Video / Illicit Drugs Worth N4.1bn Destroyed In Kano / Kidnappers Abduct 5 People Along Buratai Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.