Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,199 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts (36364 Views)

Drake Begs To Be Featured In Wizkid's Song Manya Remix (video) / D'banj's 'Elchapo' Trending As No 4 In The Netherlands / Nigerians That Have Been Ranked On Billboard Charts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by kinziking(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Wizzy wizo forever
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jayceo(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Whats the big deal to be featured on bill board.This Americans dont care about us,our artistes are just wasting their money there for promotion.Abeg they should think of how to conquer jamaica,barbados,cuba etc. The truth is which of our Artistes billboar epp?
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by eedriyz(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
kennygee:
So where is Dbanj on the chart today?

Seriously? Whizkid doesn't look like he will last a decade

4 Likes

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by Veektoria(f): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
I don't understand this topic abeg undecided

And e dey FP sef..
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by cutekhalifa(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
Buhari when are u going to release ur first album Its long over due

You are more a tourist/musician than a politician.. cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by bedspread: 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
WHO CARES? ABEGI WHOSE AREA FOR LAGOS DE SELL FUEL NOW?
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by Youngtekkey(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
When it even comes to album 2face's ascension album, ASA 's "Beautiful imperfection" and Reminisce Baba Hafusa album all made it to Billboard world album charts as no 8 and 12 respectively...How can Wizkid then be the first Shaking my head for all this useless bloggers
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by sealvale5: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abeg any better gist grin
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by wellmax(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinkem:
This is one of those unpopular posts that kinda earns one the "Hater tag" but I'm not trying to shit on Wizkid but rather trying to clarify the misinformation about Wizkid being the first Nigerian artist to be featured on a Billboard Chart.

The Billboard is a organization popularly known for its music charts such as the Hot 100 singles chart and the Billboard 200 albums charts. Besides those two well known charts, the Billboard also has a large number of charts such as the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs, The Billboard Twitter Last 24 hours chart (which Wizkid was featured on courtesy his collaboration with Drake), the Official UK Singles Chart among others, which it monitors and publishes.

For the sake of correctness, it would be right to say that D'Banj, who had a top 10 single (Oliver Twist at number 9) on the Billboard UK Official Singles Chart in 2012, is the first Nigerian to chart on a Billboard chart considering date (2012 which is 4 years old). Don't take my word for it here's a screenshot and a link to check it out yourself.
http://www.billboard.com/artist/1488315/dbanj/chart

I'm pretty sure that if one really checks the Billboard there might be more Nigerian artists who have singles that have been charted on the Billboard music charts.

This post originally appeared here http://martinkem..com/2016/04/wizkid-isn-first-nigerian-artist-to.html?m=1

Since this is for clearification purposes, let me also point you to the fact that the report says BILLBOARD TWiTTER'. I suppose they are different platforms from what you are trying to prove.
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by samjadinero(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Who billboard don epp!?
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by lonelydora: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Wizkid and lie lie. Linda could be right in all this.
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by cr7lomo: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
Neldrizzy:
still doesn't stop wizkid from shinning !!!

Mentality....... ZERO
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by cao(f): 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
I thought everyone knew this? I read the initial WizKid post, it clearly states that WizKid was the first Nigerian on Billboard's Last 24 hours Twitter chart. Or do folks only read headlines and ignore the actual article?

Oh and I'm sure that Fela has been featured on a Billboard chart...so D'banj is probably not the first.
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by sandrahnaub(f): 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
I have a confession, dont take it personal.....*singing*....bot fuel today for 65 naira
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by gaddafe(m): 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Mode 9 was the first Nigerian I know that made it to the Billboard chart. Only that there are many billboard chart these days so I wouldn't know much about that.
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by KingRex1(m): 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Even Reminisce Baba Hafusa was featured on the charts in May last year. Not sure how it got into billboard bt yeah it did!
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by jowa16: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
correct
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by seguno2: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
Before D'Banj, there was Sunny Ade and Fela Kuti also on Billboard.
I think they are also Nigerians, if I am not mistaken cheesy

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by pimpo: 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinkem:
This is one of those unpopular posts that kinda earns one the "Hater tag" but I'm not trying to shit on Wizkid but rather trying to clarify the misinformation about Wizkid being the first Nigerian artist to be featured on a Billboard Chart.

The Billboard is a organization popularly known for its music charts such as the Hot 100 singles chart and the Billboard 200 albums charts. Besides those two well known charts, the Billboard also has a large number of charts such as the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs, The Billboard Twitter Last 24 hours chart (which Wizkid was featured on courtesy his collaboration with Drake), the Official UK Singles Chart among others, which it monitors and publishes.

For the sake of correctness, it would be right to say that D'Banj, who had a top 10 single (Oliver Twist at number 9) on the Billboard UK Official Singles Chart in 2012, is the first Nigerian to chart on a Billboard chart considering date (2012 which is 4 years old). Don't take my word for it here's a screenshot and a link to check it out yourself.
http://www.billboard.com/artist/1488315/dbanj/chart

I'm pretty sure that if one really checks the Billboard there might be more Nigerian artists who have singles that have been charted on the Billboard music charts.

This post originally appeared here http://martinkem..com/2016/04/wizkid-isn-first-nigerian-artist-to.html?m=1

Clear sign of the indomie generation. I suppose u've never heard of Sade Adu.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by aeronot(m): 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
What about seal? Sade Adu? Lighthouse family? I think Majek's cover of redemption song.... Lamont Dozier's song going back to my roots featured Orlando julius. If the first three names are not seen as Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by martinkem(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
wellmax:

Since this is for clearification purposes, let me also point you to the fact that the report says BILLBOARD TWiTTER'. I suppose they are different platforms from what you are trying to prove.

The blogs i saw failed to put the Billboard Twitter Last 24 hours in their blog post title and neither did the Nairaland thread
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by ahmg001(m): 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
kennygee:
So where is Dbanj on the chart today?
stop hating it's nt gud for ur health. BTW d op was just trying to make clarifications nd nt trying to compare d two great artists

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by martinkem(m): 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
pimpo:

Clear sign of the indomie generation. I suppose u've never heard of Sade Adu.

That's why the last paragraph had this

1 Like

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by menacetosociety: 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Told y'all but u won't listen!Bloggers are so useless only few are good!
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by Marley01(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Olofofo won soro mi!

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by focus7: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
Seems wizkid and his promoters lives on lies.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by Mayor101010(m): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
Will billboard get me some fuel... Billboard kor blackboard ni....

1 Like

Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by kolaosita4(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fuel wre I fit see black market buy?
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by rapwizzy(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
Goodluck to them... Meself go feature on billboard one day.. G2_da_rap_wizzy say so.
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
make it and bring your people along Bless
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by x6blade(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
wizkid is still going higher
Re: D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts by ariesbull: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
Been first in bill board chat doesn't stop don jazzy from dropping hits after hits

I get am before ain't no property

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Mp3 | Billie Eilish – What Was I Made For? (from The Motion Picture / Naira Marley - 'Soapy' (Official Video) / Where Can I Get To Download Sikiru Ayinde Barrister Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.