Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) (2977 Views)

New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users / How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. / NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Daniel2802(m): 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
I decided to go through their website and I found this. The part I don't agree with is no 6.

1. Ntel is committed to providing our customers with a fast and reliable service hence, we have taken steps to implement our Fair Use Policy.

2.This Policy shall apply to all our customers (pre-paid and post-paid).

3. Our Fair Use Policy is aligned with the best industry practices of global telecommunications providers and is
subject to change without prior notice.

4. This policy allows us maintain the quality of our mobile internet service and give all ntel customers fair opportunities to enjoy our network.

5. Customers likely to be affected by this policy are
those who generate large volumes of traffic; often have file-sharing software or peer-to-peer/torrent apps one their phones or tablets; and download large-format files
such as music, videos and movies consistently.

6. At peak periods each day, any customer who has used a total volume of 3GB will be slowed down to 512bps.

7. We reserve the right to review these fair use levels from time to time.

8. We also reserve the right to limit or suspend service to anyone who uses or attempts to use the service in any way that may attract any sanctions or penalties.

9. We reserve the right to suspend use for fraud if such use has or may have a negative effect on our business.

10. Customers are only entitled to use our services
for personal, non-commercial use. We reserve the right to impose network protection controls, limit the speed of, suspend or block your access to services, or disconnect you if your use is excessive and/or not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a private individual.

11. We may or may not notify you before taking the above actions.

12. The allowance set out in this fair use policy is based on bundles used within Nigeria. Any use when you are abroad will be charged at the relevant international rates.

Source http://www.ntel.com.ng/fairusepolicy.php
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by gidimasters(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abeg Who Dis Tin Epp?
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Daniel2802(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
gidimasters:
Abeg Who Dis Tin Epp?
Guy who u self epp? u don epp your neighbour with fuel? You just used style to book space.

12 Likes

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Leorichy: 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
This their t&c is rubbish,and most people are not even reading it...

1 Like

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by gidimasters(m): 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Daniel2802:
Guy who u self epp? u don epp your neighbour with fuel? You just used style to book space.
i dy epp u cos dis tin no go reach fp
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by kestolove95(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
oga tell us hw much b dia charge rate and dia various data plans and d cost...i don't hv biz wit wat u post up dia
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Daniel2802(m): 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
gidimasters:
i dy epp u cos dis tin no go reach fp
grin With God, all things are possible.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by NobleAngell(f): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nonsense! All these rules from a company that is struggling to get back on its feet? U must be joking. One wrong move and you will return to extinction.

3 Likes

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by peteregwu(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is Nigeria and not abroad, make them start first na. Network plenty, na them go tire.

1 Like

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Daniel2802(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
kestolove95:
oga tell us hw much b dia charge rate and dia various data plans and d cost...i don't hv biz wit wat u post up dia
Chill lady, those information ain't available yet.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by gidimasters(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
Daniel2802:
kestolove95:
wait, who you epp?
Daniel2802:
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by jmichlins(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
I think we Nigerians are expecting too much from this company cause we believe this is our own national network but unfortunately it's now a privately owned company who basic language she understands is PROFIT!!! So guys without tweaks and cheats, they will be worse than that SA company with yellow label. Lalastical

4 Likes

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
gidimasters:
Abeg Who Dis Tin Epp?
grin
Daniel2802:
Who both of una epp ehn

1 Like

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Daniel2802:
I decided to go through their website and I found this. The part I don't agree with is no 6.

Actually no 6 becomes a fair policy if

1. They offer unlimited access to their full lte at a fair rate. Trust Nigerians they will keep downloading uneccesary things because they have unlimited access. So throttling down after 3gb everyday is not too bad. If u use 3gb everyday for 30 days that is 90gb. It is left to be seen if they will allow unlimited and what price they will charge.

2. If they have other capped plans that does not allow throttling down after 3gb everyday.

My guy which network in Nigeria gives u 90gb (or even 30gb) per month? Go check how much smile and spectranet charge for their 100gb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Daniel2802(m): 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
jmichlins:
I think we Nigerians are expecting too much from this company cause we believe this is our own national network but unfortunately it's now a privately owned company who basic language she understands is PROFIT!!! So guys without tweaks and cheats, they will be worse than that SA company with yellow label. Lalastical
True, I believe I have been expecting much from them. Well I have to use their services first before I judge their performance.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by gidimasters(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Grammyz:
grin Who both of una epp ehn
Lols, i epp myself
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Daniel2802(m): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually no 6 becomes a fair policy if

1. They offer unlimited access to their full lte at a fair rate. Trust Nigerians they will keep downloading uneccesary things because they have unlimited access. So throttling down after 3gb everyday is not too bad. If u use 3gb everyday for 30 days that is 90gb. It is left to be seen if they will allow unlimited and what price they will charge.

2. If they have other capped plans that does not allow throttling down after 3gb everyday.

My guy which network in Nigeria gives u 90gb (or even 30gb) per month? Go check how much smile and spectranet charge for their 100gb

True talk. If they don't throttle, I personally will make YouTube my second home streaming 4k videos. I will just be downloading and deleting files.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by dustmalik: 10:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Daniel2802:
True talk. If they don't throttle, I personally will make YouTube my second home streaming 4k videos. I will just be downloading and deleting files.
Good. Now it is clear that the fair policy was targeted at people like you.

1 Like

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Y'all shouting.. Have you ever bothered checking MTN, Airtel or Etisalat's usage policy ?? Oya goan check them on their respective websites and come back and apologise to Airtel....

N.B: To all those shouting ''Who you Epp?''.... Kindly go get a life and stop making a nuisance out of yourselves..... Even if your religious sense is not working... Let your brain work plssss....
No diss on olamide or anybody else.. Just to those who will always want to make issues out of nothing !!!!!! Fc**k mehn !!!!
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Daniel2802(m): 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
dustmalik:

Good. Now it is clear that the fair policy was targeted at people like you.
grin grin grin That's why I am not too happy but 3gb per day ain't so bad.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by dustmalik: 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
There is no isp in the world that would offer you unlimited, unrestricted data usage on a 4GLTE network. Such would only lead to data consumption abuse.

1 Like

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by dustmalik: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Daniel2802:
grin grin grin That's why I am not too happy but 3gb per day ain't so bad.
True.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
dustmalik:
There is no isp in the world that would offer you unlimited, unrestricted data usage on a 4GLTE network. Such would only lead to data consumption abuse.

U are very correct. 4g LTE is always capped. In advanced countries what they do is allow unlimited Netflix and probably YouTube streaming but they will never allow unlimited downloads without throttling down. People that have complete unlimited access used fixed wired internet.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by harmbhrosz(m): 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
greenhulk:

U are very correct. 4g LTE is always capped. In advanced countries what they do is allow unlimited Netflix and probably YouTube streaming but they will never allow unlimited downloads without throttling down. People that have complete unlimited access used fixed wired internet.
my guy how far
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by SmartMugu: 12:55am On Apr 09, 2016
Grammyz:
grin
Who both of una epp ehn
Please, what is 'epp'? I can't find it in my dictionary.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by OneManLegion(m): 12:59am On Apr 09, 2016
Then never even get customers they don dey _fuck up.
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Route1(m): 12:59am On Apr 09, 2016
3GB a day at top speed isn't that bad, what matters most is how economical or affordable their data plans would be.

1 Like

Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by Lagusta(m): 2:08am On Apr 09, 2016
There is nothing wrong with throttling down after 3GB of downloads.....

The most important thing is HOW MUCH IS THEIR UNLIMITED DATA SUB?
Re: Ntel's Fair Use Policy. (Must See If You Want To Use Ntel) by autofreak2020(m): 2:24am On Apr 09, 2016
These are there terms, customers cannot protest it.

You may want to join Thinkerspool WhatsApp group of readers and book lovers.

www.nairaland.com/2818120/creative-whatsapp-group-strictly-readers/8#44197279

(1) (Reply)

Itel Mobile Overtakes Samsung As Africa Number One Phone Company / Breaking News: itel P32 Full-view Phone To Launch Today / Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.