Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Type Of Friend Are You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Type Of Friend Are You? (1262 Views)

What Type Of Leader Is Konga's Founder, Sim Shagaya? / What type of skill should I learn as a youth? / What Type Of Business Can One Who Studied Business Administration Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
WHAT TYPE OF FRIEND ARE YOU?
There's a deep hole in heart when ever I think of that closed friend of mine. But before I go into details get this straigth. No one is forced or pushed to choose a friend rather you choose or decides for yourself. There's always a reason why you decides to choose him/her as your friend or perhaps there're some quality or characteristics you see in him/her that propelled you to fixed your mind that he/she is the right person. Friends are of different categories due to how we relate with them. Some rather use the term 'my best friend' to show how intimate they are. It means there are some things you trusted him/her for. If I'm to grade or rate, best friend should be 99% close to us and know almost all about you.
I'm here today to touch someone and feel the pain of someone. This is my phylosophy towards friends: I HAVE FRIENDS BUT I DON'T HAVE A FRIEND. Although we all have different views towards friendship. People say show me your friend and I'll tell you who you are. Of cause it is, a times your friend is your mirror that people out there look to know the kind of person you really are. Everything in life has advantage and disadvantage, likewise friendship. No one will hold your hand and say, look from today ABC is now your friend, never it won't work, it's not by force its matter of choice.
The youth of our generation has been blind folded with fable words that has triggered their mind with lies and deceitfulness. Transparency now a smelling thing to them rather plot your downfall.
* A true friend is supposed to stand by you either in good or bad time.
* A true friend is ment to lift you up either financially, socially, mentally and materially.
* A true friend keeps secret.
* A true friend stands as a pillar to encourage you when you're discourage.
* A true friend understands each other even when there's misunderstanding
* A true friend brainstorms positively together.
* A true friend covers your shame.
* A true friend add value to your life, etc.
The bad side of friend is tragedy.
- They shatter your dream to pieces in order for you to join them.
- They abolish your goals and ambitions to be somebody, so you won't surpass them.
- Fake promises and wishes on their tongues.
- They decive and prove to be transparent, etc.
Through friends lives has been changed for better and likewise lives has been smudged and crumpled under the influence of trust.
Now in details, I met him as a bad guy but I have a determination to put an end to his bad character. God helping me and my brother we are able to subdue the bad attitude of his. To an extent his mother came thanking us for the fabulous work we did to change his son from bad to good. He's the one to wake the family for devotion and would warn the family from bad attitude. For about three years he ramained a good boy. Not long he started travelling out to other countries and was influenced by bad eggs. When he came back, he has totally changed. Only for me to see my friend I was taken aback of what I saw. It was late I need to pass a short cut when I saw him and someone smoking and my tears silently passed by. I and my brother called him and beat words into his mind several times but yet he didn't stop smoking. I discovered something that if you're trying to help someone and you're lifting him/her up, did you know that two things must surely take place? Is either you pull him/her up or he/she pulls you down, likewise in a race. Time spent talking to him is uncounted but something happened one day that made me cry.
On that fatefull day, he had smoke to an extent he became insane and unclad himself and ran to the bus stop where youths and children gathered to beat him and was helpless. Tears rolled down my cheeks like that of river Niger.
He became insane for six months and made the pauper mother of his run hither and thither. She sells vegetagble
round the street, what ever comes in is what the family feeds on. Now the mother took him to village if they can find cure. Glory to God he was cured of his sanity.
He was brought back to Lagos but the shame of what he did could not let him walk through some places. Now a gentle boy walking like snail. The tragedy of this story is that he went back to smoking again. Now I can no longer offer my hand for him to hold because he has been blind folded now. Its a lesson to all, where ever you are try not to join the bad eggs. There's a general saying 'if you can't beat them, you join them' please don't, remember who you are and your future await you to share your stories of hardship. Remember the home you came out from, be the light and add value to people's lives.
Thanks for reading, have a blessed day. To my friends out there who taught after been a Muslim things will be difficult, not at all. Always remember the me you see is who I am.

#Adeyemi_Kehinde

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Cutehector(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Adeyemi kehinde dats a thoughtful piece..

Kudos.

Honestly, if I can say, i'v not been a good friend lately. sad buh i'l try to make up for it asap

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Interesting........cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by iykekelvins(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Interesting........cheesy
Chei, Where you been
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 09, 2016
iykekelvins:
Chei, Where you been

Watching u from behind....lol

How are you doing
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by iykekelvins(m): 12:24am On Apr 09, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Watching u from behind....lol
How are you doing
Doing great jawe
Wah bouh u?
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 09, 2016
iykekelvins:
Doing great jawe

Wah bouh u?

M fyn
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by iykekelvins(m): 12:27am On Apr 09, 2016
SANDOSKI:

M fyn
Alright Dear
Wanted to check on you wink
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2016
iykekelvins:
Alright Dear

Wanted to check on you wink

Tanx Luvcheesy
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by iykekelvins(m): 12:34am On Apr 09, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Tanx Luvcheesy
Sweet Dreams
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cutehector:
Adeyemi kehinde dats a thoughtful piece..

Kudos.

Honestly, if I can say, i'v not been a good friend lately. sad buh i'l try to make up for it asap
yes, you're the best.
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Always try to be yourself and not others. You're unique and expensive. To be grate you have to believe in yourself first. The posibility is in you!
kudos to all of you!
Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 7:05am On Apr 11, 2016
THE FRIEND I WANT TO BE
I want to be a friend that will cause change into someone's life positively. I want to be close to day and night, I want us to share our stories and find a way to crumple fear out of ourlives.

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 12, 2016
That is all good Loquacious but there are many kinds of people, many who should be kept at a safe distance.

There is a saying that whatever is biting you is in your clothes. Meaning the people who are around you can be helpful and as equally destructive. So as you have your friends, remember yourself. If your friend is a pull - down mechanism (emotionally or in your efforts) you cut them off.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 5:28am On Apr 12, 2016
Muafrika2:
That is all good Loquacious but there are many kinds of people, many who should be kept at a safe distance.

There is a saying that whatever is biting you is in your clothes. Meaning the people who are around you can be helpful and as equally destructive. So as you have your friends, remember yourself. If your friend is a pull - down mechanism (emotionally or in your efforts) you cut them off.
you're right dear.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 5:41am On Apr 12, 2016
SOME FRIENDS ARE WEED
There're some kind of people in ourlives that are not needed. As weed is unwanted plant likewise are some friend unwanted to us. Let me give you an illustration: where there is a mighty plant in the forest and you went beside it to plant a small tree, dear did you know that the small plant can never and ever grow to surpass the mighty plant. But if you remove that small plant away from the mighty plant and plant it in another place, in no time at all the small plant will succeed the mighty. The reason is because the plant is now alone and the mighty tree can no longer feed from the small plant. In essence what I'm saying is there are some kind of friend that will never allow or want you to grow rather they want it all for themselves. So is weed, feeding from the original plant and you know that the plant will not be able to grow as expected because the weed has taken 80% of the source. The weed must be cut off. Likewise the weed friend. Always be yourselve not some body else. Discover what you have and build on them.

#Adeyemi_Kehinde

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
TAKE THE RIGHT DECISION
Whatever you're doing in life always apply wisdom in all things. Don't be quick to take decision. Be fast to listen and be slow to react or judge. Choosing or selecting a friend there is need for you to do a self test. First look inwardly what are your weaknesses and in what way would you want to improve in. By so doing you need someone who will add value to you. Someone who will turn your life around for good not bad.
And take note, never take a decision when you are happen or sad because atimes it ends up been aborted at last. Because you took the decision at that time when you are in a happy mode, after that one start to blame his/her self. To me I say applied wisdom is knowledge. Ask yourself this question: the confidence I have to take this action, do I have the same confidence and boldness to face the consequence?

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Loquacious(m): 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
SOME FRIEND FEELS TOO BIG
It's 100% practical. I've got to understand that there're set of people who feels too big and all they could do is to trash your presence. I'll be talking on this topic in various ways. There are some friends who feels too big to come down to your level just because they've been there or they first you. Here are two best friends in senior secondary school. One first the other to get admission into university and the other friend is still at home. Two years later the one in school came home for break. Mean while the other friend is expecting him to come see him but rather he went to his friend's house. He asked of him but to my surprised he said mama should said he's not around and the other guy left. Mama called A and asked him why he lied to his best friend and A said mama look don't you see that he has no future? Why is he still at home when all his mate are already in school? Moreover, I can't associate with him any more, me I don't have friend that is not serious in academic. Mama tried to calm him down but he refused.
One fatefull morning B was on his way to the bus stop when he saw his friend with other guys strolling around. He called his name A but he pretended as if he never heard his name. B understood what happened and went to his house later in the evening. He tried his possible best to talk to his friend but rather mama A joined his sone to abuse B that why is he still at home when all his mate are already there. When B heard this tears dropped down his cheeks and was speechless at the hour, he turned back and went home. The truth of the matter is that B was very brilliant but his parent could not afford the school fees due to the life of ghetto they lived. The pauper parent told him to keep his result under the bed.

To be continuel.........
#Adeyemi_Kehinde

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
This A was never a friend. Good riddance for B.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant 2016 Recruitment / How To Apply For The 2017 NIIT Nigeria 18th National Scholarship / Free Digital Marketing Training (sponsored By Google)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.