Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal (808 Views)

Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? / This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by turboG: 12:52am On Apr 09, 2016
Student Expelled for Quoting Bible on Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal

A Christian student who was expelled from an English university for quoting the Bible on homosexuality in a Facebook post, has lost his appeal for reinstatement.

Read More:
http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/04/student-expelled-for-quoting-bible-on-homosexuality-loses-reinstatement-appeal/

Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by Sirme411(m): 1:08am On Apr 09, 2016
Owk
Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by turboG: 11:04am On Apr 09, 2016
Meaning?

Sirme411:
Owk
Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by turboG: 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
God help xtians in this trying times

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by TalkWithLizy: 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
amen

turboG:
God help xtians in this trying times

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by TalkWithLizy: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2016
The Bible clearly states that Christians will be persecuted. It still happens today in many different forms, from as simple as being mocked to as serious as murder. Be that as it may, you should not let persecution discourage you from being a Christian. Accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior is one of the most important things you will do on this Earth. You shouldn't avoid it just because of the persecution.

Although life may be hard for you at times because you are a Christian, be strong. Christian persecution may not be avoidable, but as Christians, we can endure it.

You can try to get through those trials by reading Bible verses about persecution.

Read the scripture on persecution here and try to find peace in your life.

Psalms 9:13 Have mercy on me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, you that lift me up from the gates of death:
Psalms 119:86 All your commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help you me.
Jeremiah 20:11 But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.
Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
John 15:18 If the world hate you, you know that it hated me before it hated you.
John 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
1 Corinthians 4:12 And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
1 Thessalonians 3:4 For truly, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and you know.
2 Timothy 3:12 Yes, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
Hebrews 10:33 Partly, whilst you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst you became companions of them that were so used.
1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you:
1 Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by turboG: 9:14am On Apr 10, 2016
Xtian should encourage themselve with: 100 Bible Verses about Persecution

2 Timothy 3:12 ESV / 463 helpful votes
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
Matthew 5:44 ESV / 349 helpful votes

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
John 15:18 ESV / 344 helpful votes

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
1 Peter 4:12-14 ESV / 313 helpful votes

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
1 Peter 3:17 ESV / 272 helpful votes

For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.
1 Peter 3:14 ESV / 196 helpful votes

But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
1 Peter 3:16 ESV / 183 helpful votes

Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
1 John 3:13 ESV / 161 helpful votes

Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you.
Luke 6:22 ESV / 142 helpful votes

“Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!
Matthew 5:10 ESV / 142 helpful votes

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2 Corinthians 4:8-12 ESV / 114 helpful votes

We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you.
Romans 12:17-21 ESV / 104 helpful votes

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Hebrews 12:3 ESV / 88 helpful votes

Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
Romans 8:35-37 ESV / 80 helpful votes

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
1 Peter 4:19 ESV / 78 helpful votes

Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
John 15:19 ESV / 65 helpful votes

If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
1 Peter 4:16 ESV / 64 helpful votes

Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.
Philippians 1:12-14 ESV / 63 helpful votes

I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
1 Peter 4:4 ESV / 62 helpful votes

With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you;
John 15:18-25 ESV / 59 helpful votes

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. ...
2 Corinthians 12:10 ESV / 51 helpful votes

For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Revelation 2:10 ESV / 50 helpful votes

Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Proverbs 29:27 ESV / 46 helpful votes

An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous, but one whose way is straight is an abomination to the wicked.
Psalm 23:4 ESV / 46 helpful votes

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Revelation 20:4 ESV / 38 helpful votes

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Hebrews 13:3 ESV / 33 helpful votes

Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.
Revelation 7:13-17 ESV / 30 helpful votes

Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?” I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. “Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
Hebrews 12:4 ESV / 30 helpful votes

In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
Amos 5:10 ESV / 30 helpful votes

They hate him who reproves in the gate, and they abhor him who speaks the truth.
Mark 13:13 ESV / 28 helpful votes

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Mark 13:11-13 ESV / 28 helpful votes

And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. And brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death. And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Revelation 2:3 ESV / 26 helpful votes

I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary.
1 Peter 4:1 ESV / 26 helpful votes

Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
Acts 5:29 ESV / 26 helpful votes

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
Matthew 23:35 ESV / 26 helpful votes

So that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of innocent Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.
Habakkuk 1:13 ESV / 24 helpful votes

You who are of purer eyes than to see evil and cannot look at wrong, why do you idly look at traitors and remain silent when the wicked swallows up the man more righteous than he?
Revelation 6:9-11 ESV / 23 helpful votes

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
1 Peter 4:14 ESV / 23 helpful votes

If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
Isaiah 53:7-10 ESV / 22 helpful votes
Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by turboG: 9:14am On Apr 10, 2016
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
Revelation 1:1-22:21 ESV / 21 helpful votes

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood ...
Jeremiah 15:10 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Woe is me, my mother, that you bore me, a man of strife and contention to the whole land! I have not lent, nor have I borrowed, yet all of them curse me.
Isaiah 53:2-5 ESV / 20 helpful votes

For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
Psalm 119:157 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, but I do not swerve from your testimonies.
2 Timothy 3:2 ESV / 19 helpful votes

For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
Acts 7:52 ESV / 19 helpful votes

Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered,
Psalm 119:61 ESV / 18 helpful votes

Though the cords of the wicked ensnare me, I do not forget your law.
Revelation 2:13 ESV / 17 helpful votes

“‘I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas my faithful witness, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.
Romans 5:3 ESV / 16 helpful votes

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
Mark 9:42 ESV / 16 helpful votes

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.
1 Peter 5:8-9 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.
Hebrews 12:2 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Philippians 1:28 ESV / 15 helpful votes

And not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God.
Mark 4:17 ESV / 15 helpful votes

And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.
Matthew 10:22 ESV / 15 helpful votes

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Matthew 5:11 ESV / 15 helpful votes

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
Psalm 124:1-8 ESV / 15 helpful votes

A Song of Ascents. Of David. If it had not been the Lord who was on our side— let Israel now say— if it had not been the Lord who was on our side when people rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us; then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us; then over us would have gone the raging waters. ...
1 Corinthians 13:3 ESV / 14 helpful votes

If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Proverbs 29:10 ESV / 14 helpful votes

Bloodthirsty men hate one who is blameless and seek the life of the upright.
Revelation 2:8-10 ESV / 13 helpful votes

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life. “‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Acts 8:4 ESV / 13 helpful votes

Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word.
1 John 3:1 ESV / 12 helpful votes

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
2 Timothy 2:9-12 ESV / 12 helpful votes

For which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;
Jeremiah 20:7 ESV / 12 helpful votes

O Lord, you have deceived me, and I was deceived; you are stronger than I, and you have prevailed. I have become a laughingstock all the day; everyone mocks me.
Psalm 119:51 ESV / 12 helpful votes

The insolent utterly deride me, but I do not turn away from your law.
2 Corinthians 11:23-27 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one—I am talking like a madman—with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death. Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.
2 Timothy 4:17 ESV / 10 helpful votes

But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth.
Romans 8:38 ESV / 10 helpful votes

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
Romans 8:17 ESV / 10 helpful votes

And if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
Luke 6:23 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets.
Mark 13:9 ESV / 10 helpful votes

“But be on your guard. For they will deliver you over to councils, and you will be beaten in synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them.
Micah 5:1 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Now muster your troops, O daughter of troops; siege is laid against us; with a rod they strike the judge of Israel on the cheek.
Psalm 119:110 ESV / 10 helpful votes

The wicked have laid a snare for me, but I do not stray from your precepts.
Revelation 7:14 ESV / 9 helpful votes

I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
James 1:1-27 ESV / 9 helpful votes

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ...
Hebrews 11:25-27 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He considered the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward. By faith he left Egypt, not being afraid of the anger of the king, for he endured as seeing him who is invisible.
Galatians 4:29 ESV / 9 helpful votes

But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now.
Acts 5:18-42 ESV / 9 helpful votes

They arrested the apostles and put them in the public prison. But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said, “Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this Life.” And when they heard this, they entered the temple at daybreak and began to teach. Now when the high priest came, and those who were with him, they called together the council and all the senate of the people of Israel and sent to the prison to have them brought. But when the officers came, they did not find them in the prison, so they returned and reported, ...
Mark 14:65 ESV / 9 helpful votes

And some began to spit on him and to cover his face and to strike him, saying to him, “Prophesy!” And the guards received him with blows.
Psalm 119:69 ESV / 9 helpful votes

The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts;
Revelation 1:9 ESV / 8 helpful votes

I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
1 Peter 4:16-19 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And “If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
James 5:10 ESV / 8 helpful votes

As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
Hebrews 13:23 ESV / 8 helpful votes

You should know that our brother Timothy has been released, with whom I shall see you if he comes soon.
Hebrews 13:13 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear the reproach he endured.
2 Timothy 3:10 ESV / 8 helpful votes

You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness,
Acts 23:11 ESV / 8 helpful votes

The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify also in Rome.”
2 Timothy 4:16 ESV / 7 helpful votes

At my first defense no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them!
Colossians 1:24 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,
Ephesians 1:22 ESV / 7 helpful votes

And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church,
Acts 28:22 ESV / 7 helpful votes

But we desire to hear from you what your views are, for with regard to this sect we know that everywhere it is spoken against.”
Acts 8:1 ESV / 7 helpful votes

And Saul approved of his execution. And there arose on that day a great persecution against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles.
John 16:1-33 ESV / 7 helpful votes

“I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me. But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you. “I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ ...
Mark 11:18 ESV / 7 helpful votes

And the chief priests and the scribes heard it and were seeking a way to destroy him, for they feared him, because all the crowd was astonished at his teaching.
Matthew 20:22 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Jesus answered, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am to drink?” They said to him, “We are able.”
Isaiah 49:7 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Thus says the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel and his Holy One, to one deeply despised, abhorred by the nation, the servant of rulers: “Kings shall see and arise; princes, and they shall prostrate themselves; because of the Lord, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”
Revelation 2:8-11 ESV / 6 helpful votes

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life. “‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death.’
Galatians 1:13 ESV / 6 helpful votes

For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it.
Acts 13:27-29 ESV / 6 helpful votes

For those who live in Jerusalem and their rulers, because they did not recognize him nor understand the utterances of the prophets, which are read every Sabbath, fulfilled them by condemning him. And though they found in him no guilt worthy of death, they asked Pilate to have him executed. And when they had carried out all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree and laid him in a tomb.
Mark 15:34 ESV / 6 helpful votes

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
Mark 15:21 ESV / 6 helpful votes

And they compelled a passerby, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross.
Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by cold(m): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2016
^^^ why not just cut and paste the entire bible here. Sigh

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal by turboG: 5:43am On Apr 11, 2016
lol
if it is possible. i will
cold:
^^^ why not just cut and paste the entire bible here. Sigh

(1) (Reply)

Your Character And Your Destiny 2- The Final Proof Of God. / This Time Apostle J. Suleman Got It All Wrong! (my Response) / What Were The Various Distractions You Had In Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.