Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> (2894 Views)

20 Inventions Falsely Credited To The Muslim World / Caliphate Declaration, Your Views / Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by littleb(m): 1:03am On Aug 01, 2009
[size=15pt]The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls>[/size][center]US church erects anti-Islam sign[/center]
By Elham Asaad Buaras

A North Central Florida neighborhood is in an uproar over an Islamophobic sign embedded by a local ‘nondenominational’ Church on July 6.
Officials from the Gainesville based Dove World Outreach Center defended the sign which reads ‘Islam is of the Devil’ saying they hoped it would “expose Islam” and make people “repent” their sins.
The sign angered both Muslims and non-Muslims alike, many voiced their concern to their local newspaper The Gainesville Sun: “I am very saddened and disappointed to see that a local ‘Christian’ church has erected a sign displaying such hatred. This is precisely the type of behavior that fosters and perpetuates racism, division strereotypes and violence,” wrote Kim Chamberlain.
Sixteen-year-old Muslim resident Gaby Alim said she feels hurt by the statement, but wants to know why the Dove World Outreach Center posted it.
“I think it’s all stereotypical about the whole Iraq war. People think all Muslims are like that and we’re not,” said Alim.
University of Florida Professor David Hackett says that people become very emotional when it comes to religion. “There are tendencies through all religions to think that theirs is the right one and the other ones are wrong,” he said.
Someone tried to spray paint over the sign, but the Church quickly fixed it. For now, the sign stays and Dr Jones says they plan to add more.
In a statement to The Muslim News Senior Pastor at the Centre, Dr Terry Jones said the point of the sign is to, “To expose Islam for what it is. It is a violent and oppressive religion that is trying to mascarade itself as a religion of peace, seeking to deceive our society. The truth should never offend us. We should embrace the truth. That is the foundation of our country and that is the only way to true freedom. Islam is a lie based upon lies and deceptions and fear.”
The city’s code enforcement has been out to look at the sign and say the case is under investigation. According to the Municipal Ordinance 30-317, temporary signs with no commercial message are permitted.
The row is the latest in a series of Islamophobic incidents in Florida, USA. On July 2 the south Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called on the FBI to investigate a vandalism at a mosque in that state.
Vandals smashed two windows of the Islamic School of Miami but the vandalism was only discovered because the windows were in a storage area. Six months ago, the same mosque’s windows were shattered and its golden dome damaged by a hail of gunfire. In 2005, a large rock was used to shatter the door of the mosque. In 2004, the mosque’s sign was defaced with a Nazi swastika.
In a statement to The Muslim News CAIR National Communications Director, Ibrahim Hooper, said, “We urge state and federal law enforcement authorities to investigate a possible bias motive for this latest attack. We also urge those committed to justice and interfaith tolerance to speak out against this attack.”

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/paper/index.php?article=4194
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by olabowale(m): 3:04am On Aug 01, 2009
Heck, can I at least build Mosque in Vatican cty, National Mall in DC, Buckingham Palace complex, lol, etc. David, sometimes you remind me of the program "Kids say the dandiest Things!" In the days, the host was Bill Cosby!

You should seek a permission to build a church in Red Square, and or Tianmen Square! Dont Stop at Saudi Arabia. Take the whole of Arabia, etc.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by dayokanu(m): 1:38am On Aug 02, 2009
Its like some unfortunate and thoughtless people are deleting my posts on this thread

Its all a part of the Olabowale is always right policy, Whoever it is exposes Olabowale the thoughtless fool to more barrages
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by sosisi(f): 1:43am On Aug 02, 2009
Islam is of the devil,at least someone had the nerve to voice it out in this day and age of political correctness where Islam and homosexuality are literally being shoved down our throats.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by mukina2: 1:45am On Aug 02, 2009
littleb:

[size=15pt]The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls>[/size][center]US church erects anti-Islam sign[/center]

@ topic

Its wrong to openly promote hatred, people need to stop religious hatred and know that to some its just a religion, to others its a complete way of life and to others its a mean to fulfil their selfish goals and evil desires.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:47am On Aug 02, 2009
Osisi are you looking for a banning?
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by dayokanu(m): 1:48am On Aug 02, 2009
And its right for some idiots to assume the position of elders to insult people who disagree.

And for some thoughtless people to delete my posts
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by dayokanu(m): 1:49am On Aug 02, 2009
Osisi ,

watch your language I am not sure you are covered or protected against bans like some people who can say anything and get away with it.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by sosisi(f): 2:05am On Aug 02, 2009
dayokanu:

Osisi ,

watch your language I am not sure you are covered or protected against bans like some people who can say anything and get away with it.

freedom of speech and expression
did I insult anyone?
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by sosisi(f): 2:06am On Aug 02, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Osisi are you looking for a banning?

na today?
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by dayokanu(m): 2:11am On Aug 02, 2009
Only certain people like Olabowale are allowed to insult and get away with it
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 02, 2009
mukina2:

@ topic

Its wrong to openly promote hatred, people need to stop religious hatred and know that to some its just a religion, to others its a complete way of life and to others its a mean to fulfil their selfish goals and evil desires.

i gave MY VIEWS twice and they were deleted even though Olabowale's response to that view still remains on the thread. Amazing!

Before you talk about "religious hatred" perhaps you need to take a look at you and your fellow worshipers.

I asked a valid question . . . before muslims start crying about signposts they dont like in the US perhaps they shld tell us why we cant even build a small signpost in Saudi Arabia or why anyone with a Jewish stamp in his passport is not allowed into countries like Iraq or Saudi Arabia.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by dayokanu(m): 2:52am On Aug 02, 2009
Same thing here I posted that is National mall a country or buckingham palace ??

No one is asking for them to allow Churches inside King Fahds palace

Guess what Some thoughtless people deemed it fit to delete my post
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 02, 2009
dayokanu:

Same thing here I posted that is National mall a country or buckingham palace ??

No one is asking for them to allow Churches inside King Fahds palace

Guess what Some thoughtless people deemed it fit to delete my post

i suppose the term "views" has a different meaning here.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On Aug 02, 2009
One rule for the sacred cow another rule for others
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by sosisi(f): 3:14am On Aug 02, 2009
Islam is  incompatible with the values of  democracy or ordinary common law of live and let live.
do you expect the Islamic moderators to be any different
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by bawomolo(m): 5:13am On Aug 02, 2009
I don't see any problem with this.

if Christianity is right, Islam has to be wrong and considered a sin.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by na2day2(m): 5:29am On Aug 02, 2009
$osisi:

na today?

did sum1 call my name! cool cool cool cool

littleb:

By Elham Asaad Buaras

A North Central Florida neighborhood is in an uproar over an Islamophobic sign embedded by a local ‘nondenominational’ Church on July 6.
Officials from the Gainesville based Dove World Outreach Center defended the sign which reads ‘Islam is of the Devil’ saying they hoped it would “expose Islam” and make people “repent” their sins.
The sign angered both Muslims and non-Muslims alike, many voiced their concern to their local newspaper The Gainesville Sun: “I am very saddened and disappointed to see that a local ‘Christian’ church has erected a sign displaying such hatred. This is precisely the type of behavior that fosters and perpetuates racism, division strereotypes and violence,” wrote Kim Chamberlain.
Sixteen-year-old Muslim resident Gaby Alim said she feels hurt by the statement, but wants to know why the Dove World Outreach Center posted it.
“I think it’s all stereotypical about the whole Iraq war. People think all Muslims are like that and we’re not,” said Alim.
University of Florida Professor David Hackett says that people become very emotional when it comes to religion. “There are tendencies through all religions to think that theirs is the right one and the other ones are wrong,” he said.
Someone tried to spray paint over the sign, but the Church quickly fixed it. For now, the sign stays and Dr Jones says they plan to add more.
In a statement to The Muslim News Senior Pastor at the Centre, Dr Terry Jones said the point of the sign is to, “To expose Islam for what it is. It is a violent and oppressive religion that is trying to mascarade itself as a religion of peace, seeking to deceive our society. The truth should never offend us. We should embrace the truth. That is the foundation of our country and that is the only way to true freedom. Islam is a lie based upon lies and deceptions and fear.”
The city’s code enforcement has been out to look at the sign and say the case is under investigation. According to the Municipal Ordinance 30-317, temporary signs with no commercial message are permitted.
The row is the latest in a series of Islamophobic incidents in Florida, USA. On July 2 the south Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called on the FBI to investigate a vandalism at a mosque in that state.
Vandals smashed two windows of the Islamic School of Miami but the vandalism was only discovered because the windows were in a storage area. Six months ago, the same mosque’s windows were shattered and its golden dome damaged by a hail of gunfire. In 2005, a large rock was used to shatter the door of the mosque. In 2004, the mosque’s sign was defaced with a Nazi swastika.
In a statement to The Muslim News CAIR National Communications Director, Ibrahim Hooper, said, “We urge state and federal law enforcement authorities to investigate a possible bias motive for this latest attack. We also urge those committed to justice and interfaith tolerance to speak out against this attack.”

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/paper/index.php?article=4194

the church was wrong, the bible says we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and against powers, againt spiritual wickedness in her places etc so a sign like that can hardly win any1 to Christ and i highly doubt that they were led by the Holy Spirit to put up that sign up. I am almost can bet it that, that pastor was one of those that supported the invasion of Iraq. That being said, Islam is no religion of the saints, a religion that is so bloody is something that kind'a makes u wonder. now let me go look for a new username b4 mukina bans me grin grin
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by javalove(m): 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2009
I watched the video on youtube yesterday. . .

I dont think we should get angry for this. . . when the pastor Jones was speaking, I could read defeat in his eyes. . . n his speech. . . i'm sure if i touch him his body would be hot. . .

Damn!!! So lots of non-muslims in america know that islam is spreading fast and they cant live with that fact. The pastor Jones says Islam is growing everywhere in america and something must be done about it. That means there are lots of people "of the devil" in america?

This guy is a joke. . . because more and more americans are discovering that xtianity is a scam is that what is making his body hot

I think the community needs to keep a close eye on this guy cos he just might commit suicide if he discovers that half of the american population have embraced islam. . .

A Muslim brother from the community also visited his church for him to ask questions about the things botheringnhim about islam, u know what he did. . .? He did what davidylan or osisi would have done. . . he behaved like a hypocrite and shut the door. . .!

Many claim that Islam was spread by the sword. Now how many americans have come out to say that their nects would be chopped off if they didnt accept islam? none. Every year, people keep discovering the truth. . . but u know what not everyone will make paradise. . . some strong headed davidylans and osisis have chosen hell right from earth. . .

So please u guys should free ur mind of all those bollocks that Islam is evil or of the devil. . .

And this is a challenege to atheists on NL, i thhink u guys need to study islam now. . . read the quran from the begining to the end and u will find out for yaselfves. . . not out-of-context quotations u find here on NL or the wrong actions of a few should make u say islam is bad. . .! If u need me to buy you an english quran, I will be glad to do that and send it to any address u give me. . . anywhere in the world. . .!

Pastor Jones, u either live with the fact that Islam is the way and people will continue to accept it as a way of life or just go six feet under. . .!
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by na2day2(m): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2009
@ javalove

since u said christianity is a scam why are u not living in iran where u can freely follow ur true religion which by the way is not a scam. pot calling kettle black. dont make me up ur islamic yansh for public, nonsense! angry angry
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by javalove(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2009
na2day?:

@ javalove

since u said christianity is a scam why are u not living in iran where u can freely follow ur true religion which by the way is not a scam. pot calling kettle black. dont make me up ur islamic yansh for public, nonsense! angry angry

well, islam can be practiced anywhere and Allah knows why he didnt create me an Iranian. . . If I go to Iran today, I can attend any mosque there and observe my solats. . . i can mingle, eat drink with them and still feel loved as a muslim. . . is it same for the "scam"?
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by na2day2(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2009
javalove:

well, islam can be practiced anywhere and Allah knows why he didnt create me an Iranian. . . If I go to Iran today, I can attend any mosque there and observe my solats. . . i can mingle, eat drink with them and still feel loved as a muslim. . . is it same for the "scam"?

for ur information, ur beloved islam has been used to scam the iranian ppl and many more. i grew up in northern nigeria and i have seen the stink u call religion, ppl that will attack a primary school and kill children while they are in BK classes in the name that they are infidels, abeg carry ur hypocritical self out of my face angry angry angry
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2009
Oh, i heard about this.
Am disappointed sha.  No wonder some people are Atheist.
When one religion sees it fit to stereotype another religion, of what sense does it make?
I thought we weren't supposed to judge, for such sign to come from a Christian church is just despicable.

Not all Muslims are bad and not all Christians are born again.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
@jajalove

can you plz share the video?
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by javalove(m): 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
This is the interview with the sad pastor. . . so sad that Islam is spreading faster than he could ever imagibe. . .

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTLVJjvgO8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/flash]

This is the video of the muslim brother that requested to have a talk with him about islam. . .

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0uQw8tSeGc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/flash]
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2009
Also can someone tell javalove to stop harassing people on IM?
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by javalove(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Also can someone tell javalove to stop harassing people on IM?

wo reported that i harrased him/her on IM and i would apologize right now
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2009
Myself and another person unless of course you'd like for me to post the convo here
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by na2day2(m): 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2009
javalove:

so much for ur righteous muslim self, hypocrite! why didn't u reply me and let me tell u what ur fellow muslims have done in nigeria, a sign on a church ground is ur biggest offense, craze na hin dey follow u
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by javalove(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Myself and another person unless of course you'd like for me to post the convo here

na u sabi. . .post the convos here if u like. . . and make sure u place me on ur "ignore" list. . .at least thats what yahoo made that option for.

na2day?:

so much for ur righteous muslim self, hypocrite! why didn't u reply me and let me tell u what ur fellow muslims have done in nigeria, a sign on a church ground is ur biggest offense, craze na hin dey follow u

ha see dis slowpoke ooo. . . i didnt notice ur post. . . or u tot i was running. . .

unfortunately for u i live in the north too and i believe i have travelled the north far more than you have.

There are soooooooooooo many anti-islam stuffs done in the north. things that have no basis in islam so u cant blame the errors of a few on islam. Lack of education, poverty are just a few of the reasons that cause so much unrest in the north not Islam. AND I CAN AUTHORITATIVELY TELL U THAT MORE THAN 70% OF VIOLENCE THAT HAPPENS IN THE NORTH HAVE POLITICAL UNDERTONE. THE FEW RICH USE THE MANY POOR TO CAUSE UNREST AND ACHIEVE THEIR OWN SELFISH INTRESTS, THEN THEY HIDE UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF RELIGION. ALLAH WILL JUDGE THEM ALL.

Lagos is a Muslim dominated state. . . Ilorin is muslim dominated, have u ever heared of religious crisis in these two places. . .? Do the math. . .!
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2009
javalove:

i would also love to NOT recieve silly and uncalled for IMs from you again.
Re: The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 02, 2009
FL Gators:

Oh, i heard about this.
Am disappointed sha.  No wonder some people are Atheist.
When one religion sees it fit to stereotype another religion, of what sense does it make?
I thought we weren't supposed to judge, for such sign to come from a Christian church is just despicable.

Not all Muslims are bad and not all Christians are born again.

this to me is pretty stupid and symptomatic of the fact that a lot of people are ignorant of the underlying issues they just rush into.

1. To claim islam is of the devil is NOT stereotyping . . . i suggest people look up the meaning of that word before throwing it around again.

2. Islam DOES NOT allow churches in Saudi Arabia . . . but DEMANDS for churches in other parts of the world under the guise of "human rights" and "tolerance".

3. Islam 100% refuses Jews to reside in countries like Saudi Arabia, infact as a Nigerian citizen you will be refused entry into Saudi Arabia or Iraq or Iran should you possess an Israeli stamp in your passport.

4. "Judge not" is the most abused word on earth. The bible DOES NOT SAY we should not judge false christs, false religions and false spirits. 1 John specifically asks us to test other spirits whether they be of God. Some good bible reading instead of simply regurgitating emergent church rhetoric will come in handy here.

5. If placing a sign by a church is "despicable" then the words of Christ to the pharisees, His prophecy to destroy the Jewish temple, Paul's berating of the witch at Ephesus and their gods is way more despicable . . .

- but i suppose you modern day merchants who carry the bible but do not understand its tenets know way better than Paul.

The church has taken a serious nose-dive . . . Rick Warren, Robert Schuller and other stooges of the EC (emergent church) are the chief architects of the above nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Significance Of Fasting / Wonderful Pictures Of Mecca / Sunnahs Of 'eid-al-fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.