Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,760 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een (566 Views)

Marriage ⚭ In Islam : Importance Of Husband And Wife, Romance, Sex,etc / The Love And Importance Of Cats In Islam / The Importance Of Fasting Tasu’a & Ashura (9th & 10th Muharram) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by Newnas(m): 7:47am On Apr 09, 2016
In numerous places in the Qur'an, Allah praises and shows His pleasure for the Companions of the Prophet (Saw) and also for those who follow in their footsteps. For example, Allah says,

"And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhaajirun and the Ansaar and also those who followed them exactly (in faith)! Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success". (at-Tawbah;100)

Furthermore, the following verse of the Qur'an was first and foremost directed to the Companions of the Prophet (saw);

"You are the best of peoples ever raised for mankind, you enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah" (al-'Imraan, 110)

In addition there are numerous hadith in which the Prophet (saw) told us about the special place and superiority of his Companions, and also of those who came after them. Imraan ibn Hussain narrated that the Prophet (saw) said;

"The best people are my generation, then the people who come after them, then the people who come after them" (al-Bukhaari, and Muslim).
In another very important hadith, the Prophet (Saw) said;

"The tribes of Israel broke up into seventy-two sects. My ummah shall break up into seventy-three sects. All of them will be in the Fire except for one: [That group] which follows what I and my Companions are following." (at-Tirmidhi)

The behaviour and actions of the Companions of the Prophet (ra) were witnessed by the Prophet (saw) himself and approved by him. This means that their behaviour was also approved by Allah as it is an accepted principle that the Prophet (Saw) is not allowed to approve of something which is essentially wrong.

These verses and these hadith - as well as many others - demonstrate to us that the Companions were on the Straight Path. This is, in fact, the only true path as the hadith concerning the dividing into sects demonstrates. Indeed, Allah makes it clear that the path to Him is only one when He says:

"And verily this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not other paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become pious" . (al-Anaam, 153)

Ibn Mas'ud stated that the Prophet (saw) drew a straight line with other lines to the left and right of it. He stated that the straight line was the Straight Path and upon all other lines were Satan's calling the people to those paths. Then he recited the above verse from Surah al-Anaam.

Therefore, we should look to the Companions and the others of the first three generations - those who followed in their footsteps and who learned directly from them -- and we should try to emulate them as we know that their lives were pleasing to Allah.

However, in what matters should we emulate them? In matters of the deen, in matters related to following the Straight Path. And what is the deen? It is one's matters of belief, one's matter of law, one's matter of behaviour and ethics -- all of these form part of the deen and all are essential aspects of the deen.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by Newnas(m): 7:48am On Apr 09, 2016
This post was shared and doesn't belong to OP
Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by Newnas(m): 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
Unfortunately, many deviants still hate them.
Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by AlBaqir(m): 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
^
[size=15pt]HADITH AL-HAWD[/size]

# Imam Bukhari (d. 256 H):

Aḥmad b. Salih – Ibn Wahb – Yunus – Ibn Shihab – Ibn al-Musayyab, who used to narrate from the Sahabah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

Some men from MY SAHABAH will come to my Lake-Fount and they will be driven away from it. So, I will say, “O my Lord, my Sahabah. It will be said, “You have no knowledge of what they INNOVATED after you: they turned APOSTATES.

Ref: al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtaṣar (Beirut: Dar Ibn Kathir; 3rd edition, 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Mustafa Dib al-Bagha], vol. 5, p. 2407, # 6214

# Imam Muslim (d. 261 H):

Anas b. Malik: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Some persons from amongst those who kept me company will meet me at the Lake-Fount. I will see them, and they will be presented to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. I will say: ‘O my Lord, my Sahabah! My Sahabah. It will be said to me: ‘You do not know what they INNOVATED after you.’”

Ref: Sahih Muslim (Beirut: Dar Iḥya al-Turath al-‘Arabi) [annotator: Muḥammad Fuad ‘Abd al-Baqi], vol. 4, p. 1800, # 2304(40)

# Imam Ahmad:

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “So, I will say, ‘My Sahabah! My Sahabah!’ It will be said, ‘You do not know what they INNOVATED after you.’ Then I will say, ‘Woe, woe to whoever changed after me.’”

Al-Arnaut says: Ṣaḥih

Ref: Abu ‘Abd Allah Aḥmad b. Ḥanbal al-Shaybani, Musnad (Cairo: Muasassat Qurtubah) [annotator: Shu’ayb al-Arnaut], vol. 3, p. 28, # 11236

# Imam Bukhari further documents:

Abu Hurayrah, that he used to say: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: On the Day of al-Qiyamat, a group from my Sahabah will meet me. But, they will be driven away from the Lake-Fount. So, I will say, “O my Lord! My Sahabah." Then, He will say, “You have no knowledge of what they INNOVATED after you: they turned APOSTATES.

Ref: al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtaṣar (Beirut: Dar Ibn Kathir; 3rd edition, 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Mustafa Dib al-Bagha], vol. 5, p. 2407, # 6213

# Imam al-Bukhari records the testimony of one of these Sahabah:

Aḥmad b. Ishkāb – Muḥammad b. Fuḍayl – al-‘Alā b. al-Musayyab – his father (al-Musayyab):

I met al-Barā b. ‘Āzib, may Allāh be pleased with them both, and I said, “Congratulations to you! You kept company of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and gave him ba’yah under the Tree”. As a result of this, he replied, “O son of my brother, you do not know what WE HAVE INNOVATED after him."

Ref: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Muḥammad b. Ismā’īl b. Ibrāhīm b. Mughīrah al-Bukhārī al-Ju’fī, al-Jāmi’ al-Ṣaḥīḥ al-Mukhtaṣar (Beirut: Dār Ibn Kathīr; 3rd edition, 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Muṣṭafā Dīb al-Baghā], vol. 4, p. 1529, # 3937

SUMMARY
# Quran al-Kareem clearly reveals that during the lifetime of the holy Prophet, peace be upon him and his household, there were sahabah with distinct and exalted qualities. Allah praise them and promised them Jannah {[surah Tawbah: 100]}.

# Allah equally exposed some known Munafiqun (Hypocrites) among the Sahabah and He revealed surah al-Munafiq and several other ayah (verses) about them.

# Allah finalized it exposing and warn about the hidden Munafiqun (hypocrites) amongst the Sahabah of the people of Madinah and desert Arabs (at the outskirts of Madina). This group had perfected their hypocrisy that even prophet did not know them during his lifetime, apparently. {[surah Tawbah: 101]}.

# Majority of the Sahabah were definitely on the right path during the lifetime of the Prophet. However many of them apostatized and innovated after the Prophet's demise. Prophet prophesize this in Hadith al-Hawd.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by Newnas(m): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2016
The implication of your statement is that Allah was ignorant about the future when He praised the Companions of the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam.

Actually it's in your books, you Shia also accuse Allah of ignorance and recklessness!
"Allaah often lies and does mistakes . "
( USOOL -E- KAAFI, page #328, yaqoob kulaini , vol 1) .

So, what other evil could you utter to make me surprised?!
Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by AlBaqir(m): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
CURSING INNOVATORS

Imām Aḥmad b. Ḥanbal has documented this ḥadīth in his Musnad, vol. 1, p. 122, # 993, which confirms the Shī’ī manhaj:
http://islamport.com/d/1/mtn/1/89/3410.html?zoom_highlightsub=%E6%E3%CA%E4

‘Abd Allāh – my father – Yaḥyā – Sa’īd b. Abī ‘Arūbah – Qatādah – al-Ḥasan – Qays b. ‘Abbād:

I went, along with al-Ashtar, to ‘Alī, may Allāh be pleased with him, and we said: “Did the Prophet of Allāh, peace be upon him, tell you anything which he did not tell other people?” He said: “No, except what is in this document of mine: ‘… Whosoever INVENTS an INNOVATION or helps an innovator, upon him is the Curse of Allāh, the angels, and all mankind altogether.’”

Shaykh Shu’ayb al-Arnaūṭ comments:

Its chain is ṣaḥīḥ upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

IMAM ALI (alayhi Salam) PRAYED AGAINST SOME OF THESE AHL AL-BID'AH (among the fake companions)

Sheik Muqbil b. Hadi al-Wadi'i, the ultra-strict Salafi hadith scholar:

Shaykh Muqbil al-Wadi'i, may Allah be merciful to him, said in the footnote: As for la'n, we did not find any evidence of that in the reliable books of Sunnah, despite a long search. However, as for "praying against", it has been soundly reported from him (i.e. 'Ali), may Allah be pleased with him: Ibn Abi Shaybah (2/137) said: Hushaym - Husayn - 'Abd al-Rahman b. Ma'qil: "I performed the early morning prayer with 'Ali, and he did qunut, and he said in his qunut: 'O Allah, punish Mu'awiyah and his followers, and 'Amr b. al-'As and his followers, and Abu al-A'war al-Salmi and his followers, and 'Abd Allah b. Qays and his followers" Al-Bayhaqi (2/204) said, after recording part of it: "Sahih, well-known." And it is as he said in terms of authenticity, for it is upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

Now, there is a secret in this du'a of Imam 'Ali (peace be upon him) against Mu'awiyah and his followers. The supplication-against in the qunut is made against infidels only, and never against Muslims. This was the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=165514
Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by Newnas(m): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
AlBaqir:
CURSING INNOVATORS

Now, there is a secret in this du'a of Imam 'Ali (peace be upon him) against Mu'awiyah and his followers. The supplication-against in the qunut is made against infidels only, and never against Muslims. This was the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

Now there is a secret in this post;

you have unconsciously unveiled what you have been hiding under your deviant shia taqiyyah!!! And that is the permissibility of cursing the companions in shia religion!!!

BUSTED cool Odaran
Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by AlBaqir(m): 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
Newnas:

Now there is a secret in this post;

you have unconsciously unveiled what you have been hiding under your deviant shia taqiyyah!!! And that is the permissibility of cursing the companions in shia religion!!!

BUSTED cool Odaran

Oh! You are jjc grin you obviously don't know what Albaqir have written on Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan and ibn Hind. Cursing him is a waste because Rasulullah, salallahu alayhi wa Ahli, had declared him a Baghi and Imam of hell-fire. May Allah disgrace his followers and sympathizers of this present age.
Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by Newnas(m): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
AlBaqir:

Oh! You are jjc grin you obviously don't know what Albaqir have written on Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan and ibn Hind. Cursing him is a waste because Rasulullah, salallahu alayhi wa Ahli, had declared him a Baghi and Imam of hell-fire. May Allah disgrace his followers and sympathizers of this present age.

الحمد لله الذي عافاني مم ابتلاك به!!!

Praise be to Allah who has saved me from what He has afflicted you with!!!
Re: The Importance Of The Sohaabah -ridwaanullaahi Alyhim Ajma'een by Newnas(m): 7:01am On Apr 22, 2016
Praise be to Allaah.

The ten people who were given the glad tidings of Paradise were the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who are mentioned in the hadeeth narrated by ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, who said:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Abu Bakr will be in Paradise, ‘Umar will be in Paradise, ‘Uthmaan will be in Paradise, ‘Ali will be in Paradise, Talhah will be in Paradise, al-Zubayr will be in Paradise, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf will be in Paradise, Sa’d will be in Paradise, Sa’eed will be in Paradise, and Abu ‘Ubaydah ibn al-Jarraah will be in Paradise.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3680).

Sa’d is Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas, and Sa’eed is Sa’eed ibn Zayd.

There are also a number of other Sahaabah who were given the glad tidings of Paradise, such as Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Salaam, ‘Ukaashah ibn Muhsan and others, but the ten mentioned above are called the ten who were given the glad tidings of Paradise because their glad tidings came in one hadeeth. And Allaah knows best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not / An Opportunity To Participate In The Work Of Allah / Help A Brother With A Job In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.