Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not (543 Views)

Two Pastors Accept Islam In Ogun State During Ramadan Lecture (Photos) / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / People Eating In Public During Ramadan Will Be Arrested - Sharia Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not by olamurphy95(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2017
Salam Allah Alaekun Brothers n Sisters in Islam,
First glory be to The Almighty Allah for making us part of those that are taking part in 2017 Ramadan. May He give us will, strength n to accept all our Ibadat during n after Ramadan(Amin).............
Brother n Sisters I need more understanding on Tooth BRUSHING (especially use of paste) during the day in the month of Ramadan.
i cud remember about 6 years ago, a scholar once said tooth brushing(stick otherwise called pako)is allowed during d day.But am more particular about PASTE.my question to all scholars in the room
CAN I BRUSH WITH TOOTH PASTE DURING THE DAY IN RAMADAN?
Thankz
Re: Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not by dominique(f): 6:00pm On May 28, 2017
As long as you don't swallow the paste or water used in rinsing your mouth, I don't think there's anything wrong in it. It's really no different from using chewing stick.

2 Likes

Re: Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not by olamurphy95(m): 2:31am On Jun 09, 2017
may Allah reward you.Amin
Re: Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not by Hollawayn05(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2017
base on my understanding its not good to brush the mouth during the day,
Allah SWA likes the scent that comes from the mouth of someone that is fasting...

May Allah accept our fasting and count it as part of Ibadah..
Ameen
Re: Brushing With Tooth Paste During D Day,during Ramadan; Ok Or Not by MrOlai: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2017
Hollawayn05:
base on my understanding its not good to brush the mouth during the day,
Allah SWA likes the scent that comes from the mouth of someone that is fasting...

May Allah accept our fasting and count it as part of Ibadah..
Ameen

You're wrong!

It is the Sunnah of the Prophet(SAW) to use 'siwak'(chewing stick) as many times as possible in a day, including the days of Ramadan. Hygiene of the mouth is very important in Islam just hygiene of every other thing.

The scent that comes out from the mouth of a fasting person which the Prophet (SAW) mentioned in hadith, refers to the scent due to dryness of the mouth, not the scent due to lack of oral hygiene.

Wa'Allahu 'alam.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Backbiting Once And For All / As-salamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh Brother And Sisters Of Islam / Salamu Aleikum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.