Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? (772 Views)

How To Study And Make Good Grades – Tips For Average Students / University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS / 9 Ways To Memorise Without Cramming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? by Ayo199(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2016
Is it possible for one to pass through the university without cramming and graduate with a second class upper or first class honour?.. personally,I think its impossible cos there are some courses that are so abstract that u have no option than to cram..even d lecturer taking it crammed d course..yet,I've come across students who claim Neva to have crammed b4 in their entire stay on campus...i know one who claims he prefer spending a day trying to understand than to cram..what's ur view on this? is it possible for one to make good grades without cramming at all?

Re: CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2016
says who?
You can do without cramming but there are certain things / definitions / laws or concepts you must cram.
Take for example. back in secondary school as a science you must know the 1st 2nd and 3 law of Newton.
Now tell me, without cramming the laws, can you/one state 'em correctly?

NO.

Cramming is involved. But not always.

2 Likes

Re: CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? by YoBoyfwend(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2016
La Cram La Pour - students been using it since 1914 cheesy

1 Like

Re: CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? by babyfaceafrica: 9:58am On Apr 10, 2016
ERUDITEE:
says who?
You can do without cramming but there are certain things / definitions / laws or concepts you must cram.
Take for example. back in secondary school as a science you must know the 1st 2nd and 3 law of Newton.
Now tell me, without cramming the laws, can you/one state 'em correctly?

NO.

Cramming is involved. But not always.
the phrase ''says who'' is unnecessary....since you contradicted it with you assertion thereafter.
Re: CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? by babyfaceafrica: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Cramming is needed in bits..but memorizing is better.now here lies the problem most people who cram entirely are people who read late,let's say 2 or a week to examination....since they know they have less time to memorize....memorizing last longer but its takes a while to settle down.......I do both and it worked for me.....but you have to be smart,they are courses you don't cram if you want to pass,there are some that's its necessary,just do the needful and. You will soar..all in all.....know ur lecturer ,so you will decide which is best....happy sunday
Re: CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
I believe understanding is better than cramming. Imagine if you forget just one word, then they whole sentence becomes bullshit
Re: CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? by Ayo199(m): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
when I cram..if u talk to me from then till forever..I won't respond..I"l simply nod so as to not disasemble d brain

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA) Admission Thread / Admission Update: Fed. Uni Wukari Merit Admission List Is Out / Uniuyo 2016/2017 SUPPLEMENTARY ADMISSION List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.