Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him (1780 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by AlBaqir(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2016
[size=15pt]NOTHING IS ABOVE HIM, AND NOTHING IS BELOW HIM[/size]

As-Salam 'Alaikum,

The Qur'an (57:3) tells us about Allah in its usually beautiful style:

هُوَ الْأَوَّلُ وَالْآخِرُ وَالظَّاهِرُ وَالْبَاطِنُ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

He is the First and the Last, the Manifest and the Hidden, and He has knowledge of all things.

In the Salafi-translated English version of Tafsir Ibn Kathir, we find this under the verse:

There are Hadiths mentioned about this. Among them, Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah would recite this supplication while going to bed,

(O Allah, Lord of the seven heavens and Lord of the Magnificent Throne! Our Lord, and the Lord of everything, Revealer of the Tawrah, the Injil and the Furqan, the Splitter of the grain of corn and the date stone! I seek refuge with You from the evil of everything whose forhead You have control over. O Allah! You are Al-Awwal, nothing is before You; Al-Akhir, nothing is after You; AZ-ZAHIR, NOTHING IS ABOVE YOU; and AL-BATIN, NOTHING IS BELOW YOU. Remove the burden of debt from us and free us from poverty.)

Muslim recorded this Hadith via Sahl, who said, "Abu Salih used to order us to lay on our right side when we were about to sleep, and then say:

(O Allah, Lord of the seven heavens and Lord of the Magnificent Throne! Our Lord, and the Lord of everything, Revealer of the Tawrah, the Injil and the Furqan, the Splitter of the grain of corn and the date stone! I seek refuge with You from the evil of everything whose forhead You have control over. O Allah! You are Al-Awwal, nothing is before You; Al-Akhir, nothing is after You; AZ-ZAHIR, NOTHING IS ABOVE YOU; and AL-BATIN, NOTHING IS BELOW YOU. Remove the burden of debt from us and free us from poverty.) And he used to narrate that from Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet .''

By contrast, this is the 'aqidah of Salafis:

Allah is literally above the skies. Below Him are His Throne, the seven heavens, the atmosphere, the earth and other creatures. Sometimes, the skies also get above Him. That happens every morning when He literally descends to the first heaven. The other six heavens, at that period, are above Him.

* Abu Fatima Muhammadi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by Newnas(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Your first problem is that you conceptualize that the actions of Allah to be like the actions of humans.

This made you think that when Allah descends to the nearest heaven he has left his throne. Exalted be Allah above your evil and misguided thoughts.

We submit to the texts of the Quran and sunnah and do not interpolate them with our foul intellects so also we purify the meanings of the Quran and sunnah from the shaytanic whisperings like this that you have created.

I didn't expect anything better from a deviant shia who doesn't wash his feet during ablution and believes that prostitution is a holy deed.

4 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by AlBaqir(m): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
Newnas:

We submit to the texts of the Quran and sunnah and do not interpolate them with our foul intellects so also we purify the meanings of the Quran and sunnah from the shaytanic whisperings like this that you have created.

Obviously the biggest problem of the Wahabist like you is inconsistency. Do you submit to this noble text as it is (Tafwid) or you interpret it from its literal meaning (Tawil)?

[58:7] Al-Mujādalah-
(O man!) Do you not know that Allah knows all those things which are in the heavens and in the earth? There is no whisper of three (men) anywhere but He is their fourth (with His all-encompassing knowledge and awareness). Nor is there any whisper of five (men) but He is the sixth of them (with His all-encompassing knowledge). Nor of less or more than that but [size=15pt]He is (always) with them wherever they are( اِلَّا هو مَعَہُمۡ اَیۡنَ مَا کَانُوۡا )[/size]. Then on the Day of Rising, He will alert them to the actions that they used to do. Surely, Allah knows everything full well. "

* So, do you believe according to that ayat Sherif that He Allah is with us wherever we are as the above verse clearly stated? Nah! The inconsistency of your manhaj interpret this part to "His knowledge" as you believe He Himself is in the heavens or above the throne (as in height).
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by AlBaqir(m): 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
Newnas:
This made you think that when Allah descends to the nearest heaven he has left his throne. Exalted be Allah above your evil and misguided thoughts.

We submit to the texts of the Quran and sunnah and do not interpolate...

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (p.b.u.h) said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1145
In-book reference : Book 19, Hadith 26
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 2, Book 21, Hadith 246
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/19

So, Mr Newnas, do you leave the hadith of Abu Hurairah literally as it is or you want to do some Tawil? grin

QURAN AL-FURQAN (THE CRITERION) CLARIFIES
[2:186] Al-Baqarah
And, (O Beloved,) when My servants ask you about Me, (tell themsmileyI am near. I reply the call of the supplicant whenever he calls Me out. So they should embrace My obedience and have (firm) faith in Me so that they may find the (coveted) road (leading straight to the destination).’ "

[50:16] Qāf
And assuredly, We created man and We know (also) the doubts which his (ill-commanding) self puts (into his heart and mind). And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein"

So, we ask Abu Hurairah why must our Lord has to come down to the nearest heavens to hear our prayers at the later part of night?

Reward for Tahajjud
If one wakes at midnight, half of the night or last third of the night and prays Tahajjud (Qiyam layl), it is for his own benefit and the exalted station can be attained. Quran says:

[17:79] Al-’Isrā
"And in some part of the night (as well, rising from sleep,) offer the Tahajjud Prayer (with the Qur’an). This is added especially for you. Your Lord will certainly raise you to a station of praise and glory (Maqaman Mahmudan)"
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by Newnas(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2016
AlBaqir:

Obviously the biggest problem of the Wahabist like you is inconsistency. Do you submit to this noble text as it is (Tafwid) or you interpret it from its literal meaning (Tawil)?

(O man!) Do you not know that Allah knows all those things which are in the heavens and in the earth? There is no whisper of three (men) anywhere but He is their fourth (with His all-encompassing knowledge and awareness). Nor is there any whisper of five (men) but He is the sixth of them (with His all-encompassing knowledge). Nor of less or more than that but [size=15pt]He is (always) with them wherever they are( اِلَّا هو مَعَہُمۡ اَیۡنَ مَا کَانُوۡا )[/size]. Then on the Day of Rising, He will alert them to the actions that they used to do. Surely, Allah knows everything full well. "

* So, do you believe according to that ayat Sherif that He Allah is with us wherever we are as the above verse clearly stated? Nah! The inconsistency of your manhaj interpret this part to "His knowledge" as you believe He Himself is in the heavens or above the throne (as in height).

So you think you have made a point? Olodo!

Anyone who wishes to get the right explanation of these hadiths should read Sheikh Ibnul Uthymeen's commentary on Ibn Taymiyyah's Aqeedatul waasitiyyah.

Spending my time with a dull headed deviant is a plot of shaytaan. I ask Allah to save me from such waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by AlBaqir(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2016
Newnas:

Anyone who wishes to get the right explanation of these hadiths should read Sheikh Ibnul Uthymeen's commentary on Ibn Taymiyyah's Aqeedatul waasitiyyah.

Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Uthaymeen?! grin Both are anthropomorphists.
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by AlBaqir(m): 3:48am On Feb 22, 2017
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by AbuuBilaal(m): 9:27am On Feb 22, 2017
Newnas:

Spending my time with a dull headed deviant is a plot of shaytaan. I ask Allah to save me from such waste of time.

the right and best decision.

BaarakaLLaahu feek.

shia are deviants and are not worth wasting time with.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by highque: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Newnas:

Is that your excuse and what of we that are not Shia nor Salafi/Wahabbi but A muslim and yet we asked the same questions as asked by the one you tag "deviant"?

You need to answer whatever it is being put forward to you and stop calling people olodo.No one is a master of knowledge you know. An ignorant in one field might be a master in the other.
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by highque: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
AbuuBilaal:

the right and best decision.

BaarakaLLaahu feek.

shia are deviants and are not worth wasting time with.

What is right in this kind of reply? What of those that are not Shia but hold the same view, are they deviants too because they do not subscribe to your aqeeda and standing point?

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by Alennsar(f): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2017
Newnas:
Your first problem is that you conceptualize that the actions of Allah to be like the actions of humans.

I didn't expect anything better from a deviant shia who doesn't wash his feet during ablution and believes that prostitution is a holy deed.

you nailed it already. I drop ma pen

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by Alennsar(f): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2017
highque:

Is that your excuse and what of we that are not Shia nor Salafi/Wahabbi but A muslim and yet we asked the same questions as asked by the one you tag "deviant"?

You need to answer whatever it is being put forward to you and stop calling people olodo.No one is a master of knowledge you know. An ignorant in one field might be a master in the other.

please wait , does it look like d op is asking a question to you? dat guy is just trying to contaminate d mind of other Muslims most especially people with little or no knowledge of Islam. may Allah guides us to d straight path

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by Alennsar(f): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2017
AlBaqir:

such a shallow mind
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by udatso: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Newnas:

assalamualykum. Please help me with a link for their explanations. Albaqir isn't the only Muslim on this thread. I want to learn too and so far he has a point that sounds very convincing
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by Newnas(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
udatso:
assalamualykum. Please help me with a link for their explanations. Albaqir isn't the only Muslim on this thread. I want to learn too and so far he has a point that sounds very convincing

I don't know links but I can list books for you. They're in Arabic though. Even if I send links they will be Arabic link.

As for your last statement, it's a complete evidence against you. You can't blame anyone for your lazy approach to knowledge.
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by udatso: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
Newnas:

I don't know links but I can list books for you. They're in Arabic though. Even if I send links they will be Arabic link.

As for your last statement, it's a complete evidence against you. You can't blame anyone for your lazy approach to knowledge.
Please help with the names of these books.
Re: Nothing Is Above Him, And Nothing Is Below Him by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
udatso:

Please help with the names of these books.

You can download the sharh and its two volumes here http://majles.alukah.net/t103317/

(1) (Reply)

Islam embrace violence / Worth Reading Even If You Are Not A Muslim / Misconceptions About Islam !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.