Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Yes, Even US First Lady, Mrs Michelle Obama Has Worn My Hat – Nigerian Hat Maker - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Yes, Even US First Lady, Mrs Michelle Obama Has Worn My Hat – Nigerian Hat Maker (833 Views)

See What Is Written On A Shirt Worn By A Boy That Has Gone Viral(pic) / See What Is Written On The Back Of Trouser Worn By A Lady(photos) / Onyinye Obiora-Okoye Wins Mrs Accolade Nigeria, Maiden Edition (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yes, Even US First Lady, Mrs Michelle Obama Has Worn My Hat – Nigerian Hat Maker by Eventnews: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2016
She set out in her teens to make hats; little did she know then that hat-making would make her great. That is the story of Grace Chito Mark. But that was just the beginning. There were huddles; no one wanted to identify with locally made hats until she was discovered by powerful, society folks. “There was this lady,’’ said Grace Chito Mark, “a lady that I will never forget in my life. She became a mentor to me. She is no other person than Aunty Labanella, Hajia Abah Folawiyo, God used her to open the door for me.” Her ‘Graces hat’ became a household name among society folks; even the US First Lady Mrs Michelle Obama, now wears her hat. Grace Mark shares her lifestyle with us, in this interview with Paul Ukpabio.

From just making hats, you became well known among top society folks. Tell us how long have you been in hat-making business?

I have been at it for the past 30 years. That is what we have been doing and God has been helping. Right now it looks as if we have just even started.

How could that be, when you look so young?

That is true. That is actually a good observation because each time I tell somebody how old I am in the business, they start thinking about my age. They start imagining my age considering my looks. But Graces Hat has been there for a while, so it is normal to expect that people will expect an elderly woman to be in charge. I started in 1980 when I finished my school certificate examination. I started very early in life. I was young. That doesn’t also mean that I am as young in age as I presently look.

So what gave you the inspiration to set out in business at that time that some would consider tender age?

Read more
http://www.eventnews.com.ng/interview/grace-chito-mark-yes-even-us-first-lady-mrs-michelle-obama-has-worn-my-hat-nigerian-hat-maker/
Re: Yes, Even US First Lady, Mrs Michelle Obama Has Worn My Hat – Nigerian Hat Maker by bolseas(f): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
No pictures of any of her products?

(1) (Reply)

Man Spotted Wearing Brief Today / Easiest Way To Keep Your Zipper Up And Make Sure It Stays Up (pics) / See Gold Rings At Very Cheap Prices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.