Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? (9250 Views)

Cheap .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains / Webhostilla.com: Buy Domains from #1600 , Unlimited Webhosting From #2400/year / PM. WMZ. Payza. BITCOIN- Etc Available. DOMAINS + HOSTING with PerfectMoney! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by intrepid: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
Please I need help with this. Does it mean that I can host another website on same domain? Or maybe a sales page? How can I do it? I bought several domains and each says UNLIMITED DOMAINS.

So I was wondering if it meant several websites. Meanwhile, if that is possible, how is it done.? Thanks y'all
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Ben1975(m): 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hi Intrepid

No it doesn't mean you can host another website on the same domain. What it means it that you have no restrictions on the amount of domains you can add to your account.

You can then add websites to those domains (assuming you have paid for the web hosting for each of the domains or it comes with the package). But remember each domain you add will have to be paid for.

What type of account is it? Is it a standard account or a reseller account where you can sell hosting to people?

Sincerely

Ben Ajose

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by intrepid: 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ben1975:
Hi Intrepid

No it doesn't mean you can host another website on the same domain. What it means it that you have no restrictions on the amount of domains you can add to your account.

You can then add websites to those domains (assuming you have paid for the web hosting for each of the domains or it comes with the package). But remember each domain you add will have to be paid for.

What type of account is it? Is it a standard account or a reseller account where you can sell hosting to people?

Sincerely

Ben Ajose

Thanks Ben,. No, it's not a reseller account. Just accounts for my different blogs but I was thinking if it was possible to host other sites on it... Lol

And so, please explain the domain stuff. What is meant by adding other domains to it.

Can I use it to host sales page? How? Thanks
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Jumbledwords: 5:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
It means the hosting package can take care of as many domains you want. So instead of paying for hosting separately with each domain you buy, you have one hosting package to support them all.

Be sure to not confuse domain with subdomain. google.com = domain, blog.google.com = subdomain. You can create a subdomain out of a domain but domains stand alone.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Ben1975(m): 12:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Standard account one login in for all your domains no matter how many
Resellers account each domain has its own login for different users (or projects)
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by slightlyMad(f): 5:17am On Apr 11, 2016
no, it means you can buy a lot of domains, either from them or from 3rd parties and link them to same hosting account.

don't go asking them for it like it is your birth right pls

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by nicerichard05: 5:19am On Apr 11, 2016
No
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by gbaskiboy: 5:21am On Apr 11, 2016
IT gurus... Come and see your food
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Chuukwudi(m): 5:23am On Apr 11, 2016
Idk
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by lonelydora: 5:25am On Apr 11, 2016
I won't comment here.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by 0955eb027(m): 5:25am On Apr 11, 2016
I am here to LEARN.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by ahless(m): 5:29am On Apr 11, 2016
The unlimited domain is for creating unlimited sub domain eg www.nairaland.com post.nairaland.com is a sub domain of nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 11, 2016
Ask the Domainians. Or better still, Google is yhur friend
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by funmijoyb(f): 5:51am On Apr 11, 2016
I think d man above me is correct

modified

d man before the dude above me is right.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by DualCore1: 6:33am On Apr 11, 2016
When the term "unlimited" is used, it is best to find out exactly what it means (in their context) from the host service provider. Shoot them a mail.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Brendaniel: 6:42am On Apr 11, 2016
See how this thread is empty because it is not the usual kinda topic a lot of people like...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by General2COAS(m): 7:05am On Apr 11, 2016
Learning
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Ptoocool(m): 7:41am On Apr 11, 2016
Huh?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by musicwriter(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2016
intrepid:
Please I need help with this. Does it mean that I can host another website on same domain? Or maybe a sales page? How can I do it? I bought several domains and each says UNLIMITED DOMAINS.

So I was wondering if it meant several websites. Meanwhile, if that is possible, how is it done.? Thanks y'all

What it means is that you can host all your domains in one account. You no longer need different accounts to keep all your domains. For example; login to where you hosted www.trimandhealthyguy.com and host another domain. Of course, you'll pay for hosting of each domain, but all of them would be hosted in one account.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Oyiboman69: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2016
*yawns*....
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by obims(f): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2016
It means you can actually host unlimited number of domains in your account.
Once you purchase a new domain, you can then add it to your account as an add-on domain.

Note that this is not to be confused with sub-domain.
Unlike sub-domain, your add-on domain stands alone.
So in a single account you can add several domains as:
abe.com, xyz.com,etc.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by tonyx4x44(m): 8:29am On Apr 11, 2016
you can buy as many domains as you want on one hosting account... If the term is used for a software that means you can use it for as many website as you want
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by winningwinner(m): 8:31am On Apr 11, 2016
Ben1975:
Hi Intrepid

Sincerely

Ben Ajose
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by leo1234(m): 9:33am On Apr 11, 2016
Is paying for domain name through WordPress a good idea before migrating to a self hosted plan?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by olatpic(m): 10:24am On Apr 11, 2016
This has said it all...

obims:
It means you can actually host unlimited number of domains in your account.
Once you purchase a new domain, you can then add it to your account as an add-on domain.

Note that this is not to be confused with sub-domain.
Unlike sub-domain, your add-on domain stands alone.
So in a single account you can add several domains as:
abe.com, xyz.com,etc.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Jazzygrafix(m): 10:28am On Apr 11, 2016
Permit me to ask this question, are people still writing their own HTML scripts and even CSS or is it safer using Webbuilders viz WYSIWYG or ZARA ?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by udoh2k: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2016
Jazzygrafix:
Permit me to ask this question, are people still writing their own HTML scripts and even CSS or is it safer using Webbuilders viz WYSIWYG or ZARA ?

use WYSIWYG if u r doing web design, but if u want to do web application like php you must learn HTML.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by techmart(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
is the op satisfied now?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
if the op is talking of a hosting package, there are some hosting plans that allow you to host more than just one website.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by shorxynla(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
Meaning you can create (host) unlimited website using the addon function. But you still have to purchase the domain name alone.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by shorxynla(m): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
intrepid:

Meaning you can create (host) unlimited website using the addon function. But you still have to purchase the domain name alone.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? by Emeka71(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
You can host many sub-domain in 1 main domain.

(1) (Reply)

[HACKED] Netflix Accounts / Lol, 16 Types Of Facebook Users / How Do I Create A Social Networking Site Like Facebook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.