Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? (51334 Views)

Roofing sheets: Prices of all types of Aluminium Roofing sheets in Nigeria / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Bungalow(aluminium) In Abeokuta, Ogun State / Cost Of Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by tundelogan99: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2016
1. Everything depends on your own taste 2. The price is on the high side compare to your pictures I can give you advice sha 09034882522
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by SalesConsultant(m): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2016
rahmathassan:

Nairaland contractor, the op. Specifically mentioned casement window (outward opening) at that cost you are here giving him a lower estimate of 350 for sliding type.
Kindly check the specification b/4 jumping into contracts.

Oga... I'm not a contractor!
I only gave alternative as regard price!
I never said I wanted the job!
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by LionInZion: 8:03am On Apr 11, 2016
I believe it's plumbing, electrical, windows, meanwhile, if the money is available, pay for the windows now so it could be ready before plastering. If you need aluminium window fabricator and stainless works, that's my work, 07069743592 call or whatsapp for works or free advice on best windows and stainless railings for your building. By the way, how many windows and what sizes is that amount for? Goodluck
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Henrick007: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2016
LionInZion:
I believe it's plumbing, electrical, windows, meanwhile, if the money is available, pay for the windows now so it could be ready before plastering. If you need aluminium window fabricator and stainless works, that's my work, 07069743592 call or whatsapp for works or free advice on best windows and stainless railings for your building. By the way, how many windows and what sizes is that amount for? Goodluck
like I mentioned earlier, he can install the aluminium sub frame first.... Do plumbing and the wiring den plastering ...... Casement window can be installed even after pop screding that's if he use sub frame
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by hardaydaryor(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2016
Your next stage of work is the M.E I mean the electrical and the mechanical. The mechanical involves piping of both the internal and the external the air conditioning piping and the piping fir your hood if yiu are using that then the next is your windows frames. After that you can go ahead with your plastering but for the quotation it's somehow Ok cos prices has catapulted up. Only if you will give your engineer labour only then you be the one to supply all the necessary materials. ]
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Chukazu: 8:26am On Apr 11, 2016
rahmathassan:

Nairaland contractor, the op. Specifically mentioned casement window (outward opening) at that cost you are here giving him a lower estimate of 350 for sliding type.
Kindly check the specification b/4 jumping into contracts.

I so much hate sliding windows, it doesn't allows for proper ventilation.

1 Like

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=KINGwax007 post=44593597]I dnt knw wot next o. But maybe- bring it down and reconstruct again- if u like!

angry angry[/quote

Ota Aje

1 Like

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by ojuolu(m): 8:35am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=lionlee216 post=44595024]

I will like to comment on this.. Using "ours" as example, Ibadan to be precise, i have two buildings(one bulding has 2 flats of 4 bedrooms). I did the window casement for N230,000.

I have forgotten the plumbing and the electrical works[/quote
In Ibadan right? I am doing casement of a three bedroom bungalow for 246,000. Protector for 90,000. so your price is fair, depending on negotiation.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by rafcrown(m): 8:35am On Apr 11, 2016
Lets be serious.Are you related to El-Rufai,The Master Destroyer?APA AND OTA AJE.
KINGwax007:
I dnt knw wot next o. But maybe- bring it down and reconstruct again- if u like!

angry angry

1 Like

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Mbamifeanyi(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2016
who designed ur building? your living room is really suffering from ventilation. Go for a market survey and get the unit rate of each items like pipes, windows,etc ask him for the mechanical plan to enable u knw number pipes and other accessories to b used.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2016
pmxpo:

Yes but is the quotation fare enof?

no,let him search for another person. the prices are a bit high. i did a one bedroom flat *3 for my brother, the price is far below what he wrote there, although that is before the dollar increase. better still try and get people yourself .
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by AdelokikiMr(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2016
pmxpo:

A copy of the plan was attached with the post. Spent abt 5m to this stage.
Alright cool .. Thanks Sir
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by blidz2(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2016
bashydemy:
Nice appt, but that Master Bedroom is kinda far from the living room..
even the lobby that leads to the rooms lack proper ventilation,how would light come into dat lobby?...no offence but I bet yu dat lobby will be dark wen dere is no light.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by 100Cents: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by M4gunners: 8:57am On Apr 11, 2016
pmxpo:

Woodwork = 550k
Roofing sheets @450sqm = 715k

Price covers transportation, labour n supervision.
Thanks bro i appreciate.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by AnaCheks(m): 8:57am On Apr 11, 2016
I will talk about elecrical only, that amount is much for piping 4bedroom flat. At least 4 bundles of 20mm pipe will be enough and maybe 70k for the labour.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by ricki: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=ojuolu post=44596733][/quote]

Oga can you link me to your Windows guy and electrician please. .....
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 11, 2016
A big thank you to the mod that brought this to the frontpage. It's nice that we're starting to see more property threads on the frontpage.

1 Like

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by idris4r83(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2016
Electrical and plumbing pipping is the next stage from here. The quotation is a bit on a high side o. Why not buy every needed material and then pay for the installations? It will reduce the cost by almost 40%. Get like an electrician to give u the list of materials needed and then hit the market yourself for purchasing. Do same for the plumbing.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by screamng: 9:07am On Apr 11, 2016
I just wonder why you hired the engineer not the public if you don't trust him/her enough. And be very careful about getting unguided opinions your ongoing construction as a client, because its rather unfortunate that almost every Nigerian that has managed to build a house before, seem to think it's enough qualification to give technical advice. My advice to you is that you should talk to your architect for technical guide and talk to nairalanders when you need advice on how to mess up your construction.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by uvalued(m): 9:08am On Apr 11, 2016
pmxpo:
I just concluded the roofing stage of a 4 bedroom bungalow in Lugbe. The site engineer has given me the bill below as the next phase. Please can you advise accordingly?

Analysis of the estimate work.
(1) electrical pipe work @ # 180,000
(2) plumbing internal pipe work @ # 110,000.
(3) protectors @ #250,000.
(4) window casement @ #450,000.
(5) ten (10) load of plastering sand @ #70,000.
(6) one (1) load of stonedust @ #50,000.
(7). One hundred and ten (110) bags of cement @ #1,650, = #181,500.
(cool labour # 350,000.
(9) all the chambers @ #100,000.
(10) external pipe to the sockerway and outside water pipe @ #68,000.

Grand total = 1,809,500.00
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by hemucology(m): 9:28am On Apr 11, 2016
pmxpo:

Send in ur designs and quotation.

It depend on the design u choose

Start from the range of #2,500 to #3,500 per square meter

One step in or out is #2,500 why more than one step in or out is higher OK
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by LionInZion: 9:34am On Apr 11, 2016
Henrick007:
like I mentioned earlier, he can install the aluminium sub frame first.... Do plumbing and the wiring den plastering ...... Casement window can be installed even after pop screding that's if he use sub frame
You are right, but that's if he wants subframe.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by naijanaso: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2016
I will like to advise that you reverse the BQ and KITCHEN positions in the drawing. It will be sort of absurd to have a kitchen without a back terrace. Open a door from the kitchen to back terrace and also to the dining all from the kitchen.

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Henrick007: 9:46am On Apr 11, 2016
For people reducing the price for the aluminium window and net, 450k won't even be enough to buy NIGALEX or EBM material for that project....

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by pmxpo(m): 9:57am On Apr 11, 2016
100Cents:

1. Does the N180,000 for electrical pipe work cover the wiring and accessories ? ie cables, sockets, ceiling roses. If not, it is high.

2. Does plumbing and pipe work include your toilet seater, sinks and wash hand basins ? If No, then N110,000 is high for ordinary plastic pipes.

3. Does the protectors include metal doors for external entrances or just burglary proof for windows ? How many protectors and iron doors are involved. If not N250,000 is high.

4. Window casement. How many aluminium windows are involved. N450,000 is high if you dont have up to 30 windows.

9. How many bathrooms and kitchens you have will determine the number of chambers you need. Once you provided blocks, cement, sand and stone dust, constructing one chamber should not cost more than N5,000. Your bungalow should not have more than 4 chambers unless all the rooms are en-suite with toilet facilities then in that case, you have 5 chambers.

The list should be detailed otherwise he will give you another list soon.

Your number 8 is funny. Labour for plastering N350,000. Dont pay more than N150,000 plastering that house.

Btw, no other Engr has responded to your thread.

I agree with you tho nobody has posted a counter quotation which I actually need.
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by flyinglocal(m): 10:10am On Apr 11, 2016
hemucology:
Call for the latest P.O.P

And latest cement work

See my signature for more

send me your contacts at nitoripe11@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by DealMogul(m): 10:13am On Apr 11, 2016
Hey poster, I observed from your design that your Kitchen has just one window and no emergency exit. Just one door in and out. Not cool

I think someone has mentioned this earlier...

Meanwhile you need counter quotes on every item of work you have listed. The bills for electrical piping (which is with or without accessories) is exorbitant, ditto plumbing. Getting 2 alternative quotes to compare isn't a bad idea.

Finally, to answer your question, you may start with installing the windows and electrical work then conclude with plumbing before you plaster walls. You'll have a solid looking project right after
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by DealMogul(m): 10:16am On Apr 11, 2016
idris4r83:
Electrical and plumbing pipping is the next stage from here. The quotation is a bit on a high side o. Why not buy every needed material and then pay for the installations? It will reduce the cost by almost 40%. Get like an electrician to give u the list of materials needed and then hit the market yourself for purchasing. Do same for the plumbing.

Bad idea.

Can you tell whether the poster can tell the difference between a fake and original product? Can the poster articulate what he really wants?
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by ijebu2020: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2016
rafcrown:
Lets be serious.Are you related to El-Rufai,The Master Destroyer?APA AND OTA AJE.

U thnk say ths one na human being? or may be hes having mental problems if not he will nt make such statement..
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Kadafiobi: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2016
The bill is OK but he should be sure that bill is not under estimated considering the size of the building thanks
Re: After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2016
pmxpo:
I just concluded the roofing stage of a 4 bedroom bungalow in Lugbe. The site engineer has given me the bill below as the next phase. Please can you advise accordingly?

Analysis of the estimate work.
(1) electrical pipe work @ # 180,000
(2) plumbing internal pipe work @ # 110,000.
(3) protectors @ #250,000.
(4) window casement @ #450,000.
(5) ten (10) load of plastering sand @ #70,000.
(6) one (1) load of stonedust @ #50,000.
(7). One hundred and ten (110) bags of cement @ #1,650, = #181,500.
(cool labour # 350,000.
(9) all the chambers @ #100,000.
(10) external pipe to the sockerway and outside water pipe @ #68,000.

Grand total = 1,809,500.00
pls can I hv ur Engineer's number now...urgent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where To Get Wallpapers In Lagos / Mosquito Village: Inside Lagos Slum Where Land Is Allocated At N2000 / ABC Orjiakor Buys Eko Atlantic Afren Tower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.