Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Atopic Dermatitis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Atopic Dermatitis (1561 Views)

Psoriasis Dermatitis And Eczema Treatment Antibacteria Cream / Treating Dermatitis Herpetiformis / Atopic Dermatitis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atopic Dermatitis by red19: 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hello house...pls my 8years old daughter has been battling atopic dermatitis for a few years now.we have been to the general hospital and has seen dermatologist on several occasions and they don't say anything different except use sebamed soap and emollients.And we were told to use advantan creme which help arrest the flares but comes back after stopping use. .,...pls are there dermatologist in the house who can tell me something helpful cos its embarrassing and the itching is bad too and the skin area has become hard or are there parents here who has had such experiences ?
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by Iolite(f): 11:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
Change soap, cream, detergent used for her clothings and rinse her clothes properly. This may help. Try using diluted neem oil, heard it helps.
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by red19: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tnk u @ lolite.I have changed her soap from dettol to sebamed and her cream from jergens to E45. I will work on changing the detergent tho I extra clean on d washing machine.pls what is neem oil and where can I get it.tnx
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by organicfoods(m): 10:47am On Apr 14, 2016
red19:
Tnk u @ lolite.I have changed her soap from dettol to sebamed and her cream from jergens to E45. I will work on changing the detergent tho I extra clean on d washing machine.pls what is neem oil and where can I get it.tnx
If you need neem oil you can call me. You can check my handle for my number below.
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by Gigihealth: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
Treatment for perioral dermatitis is determined based on the severity of your condition. Using of mild soaps and stopping the use of heavy skin creams and fluorinated toothpaste may also ease the symptoms in some people. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/treatment-for-perioral-dermatitis-what-causes-perioral-dermatitis/
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by Feanah(f): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hello Ma,I also suffer from atopic dermatitis.I suffered alot in my early teenage years because of this.I also visited a number of doctors and even tried local medicine,which just made it worse.Anyway,I think she'll get over it,just be patient.It has always been mild when I was a child,it only got worse when I was a teenager.I think it's normal for it to vary from mild to severe,at some point(s) in one's life.
When I had the problem as a teenager,the dermatologist I finally stuck to,made me use sebamed(sebamed body lotion & soap or dove soap).And,I was also having weekly hydrocortisone injection.I used hydrocortisone cream & normal unscented vaseline.I researched more about it & I cut fish and diary products out of my diet because I read they were possible allergens,until I was sure I had no problems with them.I also changed my beddings regularly.
I don't have much issue with it now at 22,just some spots left from my teenage years smiley and I've found out that a change of climate,most especially a dusty weather,flares it up so I just use a surgical face mask when going out.If I still end up getting the rashes,I just use hydrocortisone cream or see the dermatologist for a prescrition cream (can't remember the name,but you can only get it with a doctor's prescription) if it does not clear up after sometime.
This is my normal routine I hope you find some tips here for her-
I am very careful with what I use on my skin.I use dove soap (it has been recommended by almost all the dermatologists I have seen)
I use sebamed lotion or shea butter
I try to keep my bath as short as possible especially when I get a flare-up.We have a dry skin,so a long bath is not for us (2-4 minutes is enough)
I only use bar soap or liquid soap with no sponge when I get the rashes,pat my skin and immediately moisturize after taking my bath.
Dermatologist said it's very important to avoid scratching when it's itching, to minimize the spread; you should just pat.It's very hard,try helping her and keep her nails as short as possible.
You can look up more information about the management online.
Hopefully,she gets better soon.It's not easy...I wish her all the best and a better healthy skin.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

6 Facts About Ovulation Every Woman Must Know!!! / Covid-19 Vaccine Turned Woman's Legs Into 'giant Blisters' (graphic Ohhhh) / The Possible Health Risk Of Smoking Shisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.