Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Atopic Dermatitis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Atopic Dermatitis (764 Views)

Psoriasis Dermatitis And Eczema Treatment Antibacteria Cream / Treating Dermatitis Herpetiformis / Atopic Dermatitis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atopic Dermatitis by red19: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hello house...pls my 8years old daughter has been battling atopic dermatitis for a few years now.we have been to the general hospital and has seen dermatologist on several occasions and they don't say anything different except use sebamed soap and emollients.And we were told to use advantan creme which help arrest the flares but comes back after stopping use. .,...pls are there dermatologist in the house who can tell me something helpful cos its embarrassing and the itching is bad too and the skin area has become hard or are there parents here who has had such experiences ?
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by DrAda(f): 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
red19:
Hello house...pls my 8years old daughter has been battling atopic dermatitis for a few years now.we have been to the general hospital and has seen dermatologist on several occasions and they don't say anything different except use sebamed soap and emollients.And we were told to use advantan creme which help arrest the flares but comes back after stopping use. .,...pls are there dermatologist in the house who can tell me something helpful cos its embarrassing and the itching is bad too and the skin area has become hard or are there parents here who has had such experiences ?

Why don't you try topical hydrocortisone cream. It helps a lot. Also, read up on the triggers for atopic dermatitis and try to see how you can avoid some of it. I have atopic dermatitis and mine flares when it is so hot and humid and I always carry my hydrocortisone cream everywhere I go. Really sorry you have to go through this.
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by red19: 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Thank u very much @ Dr Ada.hydrocortisone does not work for my daughter,we have tried it.the only steroid that seems to work for her is advantan and immediately we stop its use the flare comes back with force.I have read a lot about it and have tried to check what she could be reacting or allergic to but I haven't been able to place my fingers on.And also the doc advised we don't use the advantan for too long
Re: Atopic Dermatitis by DrAda(f): 12:26am On Apr 13, 2016
There are other options apart from steroids like tar, uv lights, tacrolimus but I must be honest with you. I don't know if one can find these drugs in Nigeria and most importantly how safe they are

(1) (Reply)

Eat These Healthy Foods For A Flat, Sexy Tummy! / Great Sex Linked To Heart Disease For Older Men But Not Women. / Been on bromocriptine. please help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.