Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,606 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

What Is The Flaw Of BMW? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Flaw Of BMW? (794 Views)

Would You Buy A Modern BMW-type "Front-Opening Door" Bubble Car For N4.9M? / BMW Replies A Twitter User Asking For A Free Car / Ored BMW 760li : The Official "Beast" Car Of Lagos State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Flaw Of BMW? by ItuExchange(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
Very good question. I've owned a whole host of BMWs over the last couple of years but honesty I dont know the answer to the question... yet. But I would like to explore the idea of Daniel Haffner, to see if they have really strayed from their original mission statement of being the "ultimate driving machine".

In order for BMW to develop the ultimate driving machines, they need money. To get money, they can either borrow money or they can sell more of their own product to make money. To sell more product, they can either sell more "ultimate driving machines" or they can diversify to sell more cars to more people that will lead them making more money. This is thus a way to fund their goals. I dont think this is a flaw but then this is looking at BMW the company more than BMW the car. As they are making good money and are expanding their operations globally, lets assume there are no major flaws with BMW the company

So out of the above we identified that BMW make cars to sell to:

BMW M cars are still the best and most involving road cars in the world according to road test publications from around the world. It is very rare that you come across an article where the say a M BMW is boring, slow, and not involving (assuming those are the criteria for the ultimate car). BMW have introduced turbo charging to the new F series BMW's which was frowned upon but the new cars are so much faster than the outgoing E series that these criticisms was quickly forgotten.

The Normal People cars e.g. 318's, 116's etc are selling like hot cakes. People are buying them and loving them. BMW ingrained enough BMW DNA in their people cars to keep a tight brand following and have a strong base of return customers. They are listening to the demand of these people and by growing this sector, in some cases they are losing the essence of BMW by introducing for example FWD or xDrive cars. This is however in response to a demand from customers and not due to a change in mission statement.

The BMW i Range is also doing pretty well with the i8 getting excellent reviews. The marque is still very young so its early to judge where they are heading. Maybe we must update this section in a couple of years from now.

So we've explored BMW the company and BMW cars and havent yet stumbled on any major flaws. Where else can we then look?

How about the BMW image? What do you think of someone when you see them driving a BMW? Arrogant, rude, obnoxious, unfriendly, selfish or like Top Gear would say "cock" (i believe this one has however been transferred to Audi). Is this however BMW's fault? Myabe, maybe not? People driving BMW's are seen as these last mentioned terms because in the early days BMW were mostly driven by rich people. People who in general society could be seen as arrogant. As the BMW Business mill started to turn and the cheaper BMW's started rolling out, this BMW image was transferred to owners of cheaper BMW's and these owners, typically rising middle class, embraced the BMW status to its full extend. As the number of BMWs on the road increased, as did the number of arrogant rude BMW drivers, all of them embracing the the laurels of owning the ultimate driving machine and all of them trying to out do the other. Debadged 316 drivers pretending to drive a M3's, hogging fast lanes, riding the bumper of the car infront of them, not using indicators etc. This is how the "bad" BMW image came about.

The last bit of the answer relating to the perception of the BMW image is my subjective view and probably the biggest flaw with BMW in my humble opinion. If the question can maybe be refined to indicate if we are talking about the BMW brand\image\cars, we can explore the specific topic in more detail and who knows, we might get a different answer smiley

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-flaw-of-BMW

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: What Is The Flaw Of BMW? by Danfuster(m): 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
your point

1 Like

Re: What Is The Flaw Of BMW? by ikubch(m): 11:05am On Apr 11, 2016
ItuExchange:
Very good question. I've owned a whole host of BMWs over the last couple of years but honesty I dont know the answer to the question... yet. But I would like to explore the idea of Daniel Haffner, to see if they have really strayed from their original mission statement of being the "ultimate driving machine".

In order for BMW to develop the ultimate driving machines, they need money. To get money, they can either borrow money or they can sell more of their own product to make money. To sell more product, they can either sell more "ultimate driving machines" or they can diversify to sell more cars to more people that will lead them making more money. This is thus a way to fund their goals. I dont think this is a flaw but then this is looking at BMW the company more than BMW the car. As they are making good money and are expanding their operations globally, lets assume there are no major flaws with BMW the company

So out of the above we identified that BMW make cars to sell to:

BMW M cars are still the best and most involving road cars in the world according to road test publications from around the world. It is very rare that you come across an article where the say a M BMW is boring, slow, and not involving (assuming those are the criteria for the ultimate car). BMW have introduced turbo charging to the new F series BMW's which was frowned upon but the new cars are so much faster than the outgoing E series that these criticisms was quickly forgotten.

The Normal People cars e.g. 318's, 116's etc are selling like hot cakes. People are buying them and loving them. BMW ingrained enough BMW DNA in their people cars to keep a tight brand following and have a strong base of return customers. They are listening to the demand of these people and by growing this sector, in some cases they are losing the essence of BMW by introducing for example FWD or xDrive cars. This is however in response to a demand from customers and not due to a change in mission statement.

The BMW i Range is also doing pretty well with the i8 getting excellent reviews. The marque is still very young so its early to judge where they are heading. Maybe we must update this section in a couple of years from now.

So we've explored BMW the company and BMW cars and havent yet stumbled on any major flaws. Where else can we then look?

How about the BMW image? What do you think of someone when you see them driving a BMW? Arrogant, rude, obnoxious, unfriendly, selfish or like Top Gear would say "cock" (i believe this one has however been transferred to Audi). Is this however BMW's fault? Myabe, maybe not? People driving BMW's are seen as these last mentioned terms because in the early days BMW were mostly driven by rich people. People who in general society could be seen as arrogant. As the BMW Business mill started to turn and the cheaper BMW's started rolling out, this BMW image was transferred to owners of cheaper BMW's and these owners, typically rising middle class, embraced the BMW status to its full extend. As the number of BMWs on the road increased, as did the number of arrogant rude BMW drivers, all of them embracing the the laurels of owning the ultimate driving machine and all of them trying to out do the other. Debadged 316 drivers pretending to drive a M3's, hogging fast lanes, riding the bumper of the car infront of them, not using indicators etc. This is how the "bad" BMW image came about.

The last bit of the answer relating to the perception of the BMW image is my subjective view and probably the biggest flaw with BMW in my humble opinion. If the question can maybe be refined to indicate if we are talking about the BMW brand\image\cars, we can explore the specific topic in more detail and who knows, we might get a different answer smiley

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-flaw-of-BMW

Neteller here: www..com.ng

Op: straight outta Bedlam

(1) (Reply)

Car Accident This Morning In Oshogo (pictures) / Motorists To Pay N20,000 As Premium For Third Party / Trycicle Maruwa Riders Come In Here Let's Relate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.