Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,361 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why Is Nigeria Filled with The Most Overzealous Preachers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Nigeria Filled with The Most Overzealous Preachers? (490 Views)

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Prophet Shepherd Bushiri Filled Up FNB Stadium In South Africa (Photos) / Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria Filled with The Most Overzealous Preachers? by ArinzeAlec(m): 5:19am On Apr 11, 2016
Just stumbled across a
Its a known fact that Nigerians are very religious but the overzealous ones act so brainless you feel like resetting their medulla with a resounding slap.

The typical day of an average Nigerian starts like this;

1. You get jerked from bed either by the morning calls of the muslim faithfuls or by an overzealous evangelist who disrupts the tranquility of the morning with megaphones shouting the same message over and over again ..."Your earrings will lead you to hell, your trousers will make you roast in hell, Stop fornication"
Haba, dear evangelist We are tired of hearing the same message abeg. It is sooooo stale. If you choose to disrupt the morning quiet, you can bring forth a befitting morning message of hope, inspirational encouragement, lifting etc..
Dear Evangelist, you ended up constituting a public nuisance than preaching the gospel. Whoever advised you that shouting with a megaphone as early as 5am is the best way to win souls must have thought you how calabar weed highs.

2. After being unceremoniously woken from your beautiful sleep, you decide to prepare for work as sleep has taken a long walk from you. You board a bus only to encounter another gbege. Dear Christian brother or sister will shout on top of their voice, spreading saliva on passengers in the process with the same message. After the screaming bouts, they would shamelessly ask for offering to enable the spread of the gospel. Which gospel biko? Gospel according to earrings and trousers, putting more people into confusion with your message?, the gospel of totally condemnation others to look like a saint? Mba nu. You aint get shi shi from me sir/ma. Try pleading for voice reduction and you will be labelled the Devil himself.

3. After the days activities, the hustle and bustle, the sun torture the nerve wrecking time spent on the sites, the stress of traffic. You get home so late and the only thing you can think of is REST. But alas, you are wrong. Aunty sister prayer warrior will start her earth shattering prayer by 12 midnight calling on the God of Abraham, Isaac, David and all the pastors in Nigeria to destroy the
weenshes and weezards that is stoping her from getting married. She will scream, cry, curse, speak in tongues, clap, jump, march, hammer every invisible demons and strong holds responsible for her condition. By the time she finishes her volcanic battle with the Devil, you discover your time reads 3:00am. You proceed to sleep and in two hours time, the vicious cycle starts all
over again.

Brother/sister prayer
warrior, Do you think God is happy with you for being so inconsiderate and selfish? Do you so think of yourself that you forgot you have neighbours that you give sleepness nights with your Prayers? Abi na only you get problems ni.

They shouts drowns that of a 'I pass my neighbor" generator. You deny couples of having earth shattering se.x. Even that brother wey struggle arrange chick to chop that night go dey feel guity. Why you think say you don dey pray the same prayers for one year ehn?

With the amount of religiousity displayed everyday, this country suppose don better. I really do not understand. I just cant understand. Overzealous preachers causing migraine, unproductivity at work due to sleepless night, low sex drive etc since 1900.

Jee gwazia ndi yardi unu!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Filled with The Most Overzealous Preachers? by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 11, 2016
I cant understand too

Someone will make some sense out of this
Re: Why Is Nigeria Filled with The Most Overzealous Preachers? by ministeriallist: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2016
I think prayer is between the person praying and his God, preaching between the preacher and his listener(s).
But the way overzealous and hypocritical Nigerians cause noise pollution in the name of prayer a preaching, bros I tire oooo.
When will this selfish act stop.

I never see anybody wey God don bless because hin dey shout louder.

To all the shouters: Abeg make una no make God vex with una loud noise.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Filled with The Most Overzealous Preachers? by momentum85(m): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2016
They don't know that it's not by shouting, God no be deaf ni!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Filled with The Most Overzealous Preachers? by ArinzeAlec(m): 8:39am On Apr 11, 2016
momentum85:
They don't know that it's not by shouting, God no be deaf ni!

Lmao! Their matter tire me.

(1) (Reply)

Christ Message To His Church In Nigeria (prophecy) / If We Christians Actually Believed In Heaven... / What Repentance Entails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.