Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (32121 Views)

Mummy G.O Of Kpatakpata Fame And Other Nigerian Preachers Who Trended In 2021 / Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by newsynews: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2018
Nigerian preachers are coming out to show support for Reverend Funke Adejumo who has recently come under attack after a video surfaced showing her telling her Church members to sow a seed of N1 million for stupendous wealth. The video which some quarters found offensive, has led to the signing of a petition to stop the female preacher from stepping into the UK. The petition has gathered about four thousand signatures.

However, some clergy men have called the petition an attack on Christianity. One of those who have spoken against the petition is Leke Adeboye, son of the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A Adeboye. In a social media post, he wondered why support for Funke Adejumo is not as loud as the one against her.

Joining the support for the female preacher is the General Overseer of the Omega Fire Ministries, Apostle Johnson Suleiman. In a Youtube video, he says, 
"I was a journalist, there is nothing you will write about me that will get to me, I won't even read it and now its a woman of God, Reverend Funke Adejumo that they are busy attacking. It is not right, it is not fair and it will not stand. We stand by her at this time. We pray for her that this will be promotion for her ministry…"

Rev. Mrs.Laurie Idahosa, the wife of Bishop F.E. Benson Idahosa, also lent support as she shared a picture with Funke which she captioned:

"I don't need to write any long explanation. If you know me and what I stand for and you know her, you'll know why #istandwithfunkeadejumo #awesomewomanofGod"

A new petition in support of Funke Adejumo has been launched on change.org, started by Temi Chris-Kuye, to counter the call to ban the reverend from stepping into the UK. The petition has gathered about ten thousand signatures.

Temi Chris-Kuye who wrote, 
"Call to ban Funke Felix Adejumo is a direct attack on Christianity. Unfounded malicious, defamatory and slanderous accusations are not lawful. Discrimination against a specific religious leader and denomination of a faith is indeed unjust and a prejudicial treatment.

"Article 9 of the Human Rights Act expressly states the freedom of thought, conscience, and religion. Funke Felix Adejumo is a Christian woman who has dedicated her life to serving humanity- she has built orphanages, Children's hospital and shelter homes for women fleeing domestic violence."

https://www.kemifilani.com/2018/07/preachers-petition-funke-adejumo.html

3 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by OneStep3: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2018
I want to place a ban on anybody who shouts FTC, Afonja, Igbo or Aboki.

Secondly, we need to help get a job for some guys here; this Suya guy, and the other man claiming to be a woman.

What the heck!

32 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by alBHAGDADI: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2018
All these people who have spoken in support of her have shown they don't even know the word of God. Firstly, what she said is no different from scam of the highest order.

Secondly, she is not authorized to preach in the house of God because she is a woman. The Bible states that woman are to learn in silence while in the congregation and never to teach. So, for all these preachers to be showing her support when they ought to be shunning her, is enough to show they know nothing about the Bible and what it teaches. No wonder many of them have questionable character.

My sermon this Sunday will show you how wrong it is for a woman to teach in Church. Jesus even called such women JEZEBEL.

STAY TUNED.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by HigherEd: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
Everyone has a right to preach whatever they want to as long as it doesn't promote hatred, physical or psychological harm or lawlessness.

Every adult also has the right to listen to whatever they desire and make their informed choices.

Human beings are eternally diverse in thought, ideology and value therefore it is tyranny for any individual or government to Insist that things must be done according to their own ways or dictates. This is why whoever created that petition must be some joyless, hopeless and sad individuals who simply may die of heart attack over other peoples choices and way of life. People should learn to mind their business. ..If I do seed sowing it is not your father's business because no be your papa or mama give me money...

I'm glad the Nigerian clergy is standing by her...
Lalasticlala

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Moreoffaith(m): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
Make I sidown for here dey observe.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
What?
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by michaelwilli(m): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
k
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by izzou(m): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
grin

I just pray I make heaven because it will be very foolish of me to condemn Adejumo and still go to hell

5 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by chuose: 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2018

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
undecided
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Lomprico2: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
Governments in all countries should just tax churches and all this nonsense will stop.

16 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by HITTED(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
Shameless woman.

13 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by wiloy2k8(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
bulshit ... fake pastors everywhere

14 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by semyman: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
The criminals in Nigeria, helping the treasury looters to have assurance, turning religion to a criminal and fraudulent pastime, and the gullibility of the followers is irredeemable

9 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by iamjavadem(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
and swindling. Money for miracle is a scam. Mumu.
HigherEd:
Everyone has a right to preach whatever they want to as long as it doesn't promote hatred, physical or psychological harm or lawlessness.

Every adult also has the right to listen to whatever they desire and make their informed choices.

Human beings are eternally diverse in thought, ideology and value therefore it is tyranny for any individual or government to Insist that things must be done according to their own ways or dictates. This is why whoever created that petition must be some joyless, hopeless and sad individuals who simply may die of heart attack over other peoples choices and way of life. People should learn to mind their business. ..If I do seed sowing it is not your father's business because no be your papa or mama give me money...

Lalasticlala

22 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by enemachris(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
Am a christian, but all this so-called men of God are beginning to make me see Christianity as a terrible scam. They preach Christ, yet they don't behave like Christ.

26 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by obowunmi(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

All these people who have spoken in support of her have shown they don't even know the word of God. Firstly, what she said is no different from scam of the highest order.

Secondly, she is not authorized to preach in the house of God because she is a woman. The Bible states that woman are to learn in silence while in the congregation and never to teach. So, for all these preachers to be showing her support when they ought to be shunning her, is enough to show they know nothing about the Bible and what it teaches. No wonder many of them have questionable character.

My sermon this Sunday will show you how wrong it is for a woman to teach in Church. Jesus even called such women JEZEBEL.

STAY TUNED.

You are Muslim.

12 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by blackpanda: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
Please she should not be allowed anywhere

2 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by SamoaUmaga: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
An atck from hell

2 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Didcot: 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
Funke Adejumo ole
Scammer jatijati
Rot in hell omo ale

9 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by resurgent2019: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
I saw the video and I was a bit indifferent. Seed sowing is for those who have the money and have faith that it will multiply. You cannot force your way into people’s pocket to extract a million naira if they don’t have it. The woman is blameless in this regard.

As for the U.K.,that place has fallen for islam. Anybody that thinks the U.K. will reclaim her place on the world stage after brexit is joking. No wonder Donald Trump and the EU keep hitting them where it hurts. The U.K. is a bygone world power. Their best days are behind them.

The petition to ban the preacher woman might stand.

5 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by alBHAGDADI: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
obowunmi:

You are Muslim.

I am a Christian

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by foyeks2001(f): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
Just take a look at those preachers supporting her. Hian

10 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Aystarz: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
enemachris:
Am a christian, but all this so-called men of God are beginning to make me see Christianity as a terrible scam. They preach Christ, yet they don't behave like Christ.

But it really shouldn't bother you, bro. These are the last days and what did Jesus Christ say about preachers and the End Time?

3 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by pauljumbo: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

STAY TUNED.

How I wish you can attack Islam like this
I don’t where raising funds becomes scam

5 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by AZeD1(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
Fellow members of the cabal trying to protect their business.

9 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by aribisala0(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
HigherEd:

Lalasticlala
Christianity just like Islam promotes hatred,psychological and physical harm

We hear stories everyday and seer with our eyes.

We say Oyedepo slapping a little girl calling her a witch. An inconvenient fact which many of you wish to delete.

We see many oher children cast out to die on the street. We remeber the little boy of Akwa Ibom

Just this week we say the mother abandoned by her children because a "pastor" declared her a witch.

I could go on for ever. Christian preaching is not innocuous or harmless. It also preaches hate against other religions calling them "of the devil"

6 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by TPAND(f): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
Uk believers are not gullible like the ones over here

9 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by resurgent2019: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
aribisala0:
Christianity just like Islam promotes hatred,psychological and physical harm

We hear stories everyday and seer with our eyes.

We say Oyedepo slapping a little girl calling her a witch. An inconvenient fact which many of you wish to delete.

We see many oher children cast out to die on the street. We remeber the little boy of Akwa Ibom

Just this week we say the mother abandoned by her children because a "pastor" declared her a witch.

I could go on for ever. Christian preaching is not innocuous or harmless. It also preaches hate against other religions calling them "of the devil"

OMG, i am surprised this guy has not been banned for his excesses on another thread. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Kemosolar: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
You are wrong....
I dont know the bible you are reading. I have no doubt you are not a christian. You wrote that people should shun her for encouraging people t give to kingdom cause. Did she forced anybody or used knife or gun at gunpoint to force them. Did you see where it was written that the money would go to her own ministry? The money was not for her ministry but for God's work in the UK.
Christians dont shun themselves, we are encourage to stand by ourselves in time like this.

I dont care if they ban her from entering the UK, but I know they cant ban her from entering God's kingdom.

Pls grow up and become a christian.

alBHAGDADI:

STAY TUNED.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos / The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.