Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless (39023 Views)

Saidi Balogun & Fathia Williams Reunite For Khalid Balogun, Son’s Graduation / Etta Ng Chok Lam And Andi Autum, Lesbian Lovers Homeless / "Mercy Aigbe Has Mental Problem; I Caught Her Severally With Men" - Larry Gentry (2) (3) (4)

Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by showblack(m): 10:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Crying
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by gbens2000(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2016
I trek to work this morning. undecided
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by andyanders: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2016
It is a shame for him to even be saying this at his age. Having displayed his status herein without having to think about his future when he was young goes to show that he wasted his youthfulness and should have himself to blame.

Is even a disgrace to be telling the world that he is homeless now. During his time, with just N100, he would have gotten a land to build a house. Maybe he was living from hotel to hotel enjoying himself and now that he is old, he has nothing to show.

Too bad.

Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by henrydadon(m): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2016
wait his he trying to say he could not invest one million naira cheesy angry
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Hmmmm
I'm sincerely tired of all this I am homeless, I am sick by our dear celebrities ... Call me me insensitive or mean.....

Millions of Nigerians are also hungry, homeless, sick.....
Try and make the best out of your opportunities in life.....
Oga u won 1 million naira, how many Nigerians have come across that amount of money in their life
U even have a National honour, u went to school abroad, don't u have Children nd relatives.... U actually worked both as a lecturer and an actor... Haba..... sad
And he's here crying, imagine

Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by omenka(m): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2016
Bisjosh:

Only God knows where u get all these pics from? grin
Are you related to Alison Madueke? shocked
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 11, 2016
Big lesson for all these new kids on the block lavishing money!

Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by macaranta(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Gerrard59(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2016
But he won a million naira in WWTBAM Nigeria. So what else does he want?
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by chomytex(f): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Hmmmm
I'm sincerely tired of all this I am homeless, I am sick by our dear celebrities ... Call me me insensitive or mean.....

Oga u won 1 million naira, how many Nigerians have come across that amount of money in their life
U even have a National honour, u went to school abroad, don't u have Children nd relatives.... U actually worked both as a lecturer and an actor... Haba..... sad
my brother the thing tire me sef

Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Jacko1(m): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2016
So sad
A former mfr
Chief
President actors guild
Came back to nigeria sef
So sad
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Chalatanace(m): 11:44am On Apr 11, 2016
Well, I am well knowed for my kindness.
If you won't mind, live in my poultry
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by shugaboy6102(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2016
RedCapChief:
How is such a man like this homeless?
After lecturing at the highest level, receiving National Honours and getting to the apex of his career.

Why does he not have a roof over his head?
well said.but maybe he's trying to say that he doesn't live with his wife and children any longer and as such he's homeless.you know these writer's and their ironical statements...well jokes apart how can he say he doesn't receive pension being a lecturer @ unilag habe what kind of lie is that.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by ashjay001(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
victorazy:
Wetin u do with ur moni sire

The same message goes to Flavor and rest, stop showing 6 packs and invest

Irresponsibility!

Unlike what is obtainable today, artist then were making peanuts! No $1m sign on fees, no glo/mtn endorsement, no millions of naira movie sales. Those guys where generally living hand to mouth, not until recently, early 90s, when things improved. How many homes owned video players not to talk of satellite tv?

They did it then, because of passion, not for any monetary gains.

Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by victorazy(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
ashjay001:

Unlike what is obtainable today, artist then were making peanuts! No $1m sign on fees, no glo/mtn endorsement, no millions of naira movie sales. Those guys where generally living hand to mouth, not until recently, early 90s, when things improved. How many homes owned video players not to talk of satellite tv?

They did it then, because of passion, not for any monetary gains.

That is never an excuse for misfortune and not be used as yardstick because "a fool at 40 is always a fool"

Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
I am speechless but I must comment.
Many would be asking how this man used his money when things were rosy. Sometimes, things might turn upside down that we won't be able to figure it out. My prayer is God should send helper to this man and thanks to MTN for helping him.

May we younger ones never experience this when we get to our old age.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by ODUBEZE: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Chai
hahaha na so... when the going was good what did he do? did he give back to the community? now he is lamenting. He thought Hus riches would last forever unknown to him nothing last for ever!
a lesson to all
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by miqos02(m): 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
hmmm
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
shugaboy6102:
well said.but maybe he's trying to say that he doesn't live with his wife and children any longer and as such he's homeless.you know these writer's and their ironical statements...well jokes apart how can he say he doesn't receive pension being a lecturer @ unilag habe what kind of lie is that.
He might be an adjunct lecturer, adjunct lecturer aren't fulltime lecturers. They won't pay him pension.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
victorazy:
Wetin u do with ur moni sire

The same message goes to Flavor and rest, stop showing 6 packs and invest

Irresponsibility!

During the guy's time...Nigerian actors got poorly paid.

Even now....most Nollywood actors don't earn much.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by victorazy(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

During the guy's time...Nigerian actors got poorly paid.

Even now....most Nollywood actors don't earn much.

That can never be an excuse for his misfortune.

Remember he was also a lecturer.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
victorazy:

That can never be an excuse for his misfortune.

Remember he was also a lecturer.

He did not say when he was a lecturer....but if it was in the pre-2001 era....he won't have earned much. Lecturers were poorly paid back then.

Also....as someone has said upthread....actors of his era did not earn much.Even now...Nollywood is not a rich setup.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by aameyah(f): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
andyanders:
It is a shame for him to even be saying this at his age. Having displayed his status herein without having to think about his future when he was young goes to show that he wasted his youthfulness and should have himself to blame.

Is even a disgrace to be telling the world that he is homeless now. During his time, with just N100, he would have gotten a land to build a house. Maybe he was living from hotel to hotel enjoying himself and now that he is old, he has nothing to show.

Too bad.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by victorazy(m): 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

He did not say when he was a lecturer....but if it was in the pre-2001 era....he won't have earned much. Lecturers were poorly paid back then.

Also....as someone has said upthread....actors of his era did not earn much.Even now...Nollywood is not a rich setup.

Bros! I don't like what ur saying o! angry angry angry "earn much! Earn much!!" How much is enough?
How much was fuel/lit then and how much is it now?

Was he doing it for free?

What about the life of Chika Okpara
(Zebrudaya) etc, is he also that homeless?

Richness is not by how much given to you but the state of your mentality.

p
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by aameyah(f): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
andyanders:

Too bad.

I agree. But let's not forget they were not well-paid in those days and he probably was not a full time lecturer entitled to pension.
And I do like that he is not displaying the spirit of entitlement like most Nigerians.

Hope he spends the 1m judiciously Sha. At the end of the day, it's not a lot of money. Remove 1naira, it is no longer 1m.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by juman(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
Eiyah.

What a country!
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by BabaOlowo: 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hmmm, Time and Chance wait for no one, this is a lesson. SAVE for the RAINY DAY!
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by shugaboy6102(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

He might be an adjunct lecturer, adjunct lecturer aren't fulltime lecturers. They won't pay him pension.
You could be right jor
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Chinom(m): 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
praizeblog:
r u kidding me??

My thoughts too. How could he be homeless? I know him very well.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Chinom(m): 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
solid3:
Being an actor or actress is not a good profession. You can not become a boss. U will still be directed by young men and women while being paid survival money as contract fee.

Very true, Igbo traders kept many of them alive in the first 10 years of Nollywood. The traders produced most of the films and paid their salaries.
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
Chinom:

My thoughts too. How could he be homeless? I know him very well.
lol...abioo
Re: Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless by Mbediogu(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Hmmmm

U even have a National honour, u eewent to school abroad, don't u have Children nd relativeees....ts urthem. U actually worked both as a lecturer and an actor... Habthought he owned a..... sad

My brother. . . Those big houses and cars he used on screen those days. I thought he owned them.
You see, when you act so well about riches it affects it self perception. You may begin to see urself as rich, just the way others see you and you may begin to carry urself as such, spend to keep pace when in fact you are very very poor. Remember life is harsh and nature indifferent.

Old Video Of A Ghanaian Prophet Warning Junior Pope / Bambam Rocks Secondary School Uniform On A Movie Location / Princess Vitarah Wears Bikini To Promote Her New Music

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52