Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight (1366 Views)

Can You Name The 4 Wrestling Legends In These Pictures? / Is Wrestling Fake Or Real? / Odunayo Adekuoroye Wins Pro Wrestling League In India. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by isiegbe(m): 7:24am On Apr 11, 2016
Plz guys help us out. We were having a discussion yesterday about wwe wrestling and others if they are real fight or arrangi fight just to make the crowd happy. Over to you guys. Tell me (with reason) how real they are if u believe and how they are just mere entertainment.
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by isiegbe(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2016
Guys no insult plz
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by jonathanOz: 7:27am On Apr 11, 2016
WWE= World Wrestling Entertainment
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by obizzy(m): 7:30am On Apr 11, 2016
WWE - world wrestling ENTERTAINMENT

who still believes wrestling is real? How old are you? Nine? wrestling is scripted,so fake! I used to be a fan until Daniel Bryan (little man) beat the whole Shield (3 hefty guys) all at once. Then i gave up.
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by confistified(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2016
script
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by ice25(f): 7:40am On Apr 11, 2016
some are stage managed to entertain, but most are real.

hundreds of thousands of people cant buy tickets to wrestlemania just to watch movies

how much can one agree to be paid to be beaten blue black all in the name of acting?

soon person go talk say boxing is acting
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2016
To an extent it is but there are rules. *1, they hit with the side of their palm 2. When one climbs the ring to take a dive outside, it's a must that the opponent must make recieve the impact. So many other rules. Parts that might be real is thus "a build up to a fight"
The build up btw Brock and Undertaker, where Undertake hammered a biro through Brock's hand, this is to make people feel it's real... but the long and short of it is, it is staged, it's a script bin played.
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by chanx: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2016
Is a script been played out. Some real while some to entertain the crowd, while some others go too far like inflicting injuries that could end ones career

All of it is part of a storyline.

1 Like

Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by isiegbe(m): 8:42am On Apr 11, 2016
Plz the moderator move this topic to the front page I need more opinion about this
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by maputohq: 9:10am On Apr 11, 2016
castroevans:
To an extent it is but there are rules. *1, they hit with the side of their palm 2. When one climbs the ring to take a dive outside, it's a must that the opponent must make recieve the impact. So many other rules. Parts that might be real is thus "a build up to a fight"
The build up btw Brock and Undertaker, where Undertake hammered a biro through Brock's hand, this is to make people feel it's real... but the long and short of it is, it is staged, it's a script bin played.
they punch with an open fist. closed fist isn't allowed. they are highly trained professioners so they know how to make those fake moves look real.
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by maputohq: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2016
ice25:
some are stage managed to entertain, but most are real.

hundreds of thousands of people cant buy tickets to wrestlemania just to watch movies

how much can one agree to be paid to be beaten blue black all in the name of acting?

soon person go talk say boxing is acting
they are all scripted and no one is beaten black and blue. watch closely and you will see. the issue of an injury arises where there is a botch. wrestler who are likely to botch a move are never given the push even if they are fans favourite. e.g sin cara. if you want to see how deadly a botch can be, watch the stone cold v owen hart where a piledriver ended stone cold's career. funny enough, he won the match but that was because he has been booked to win the match.
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by maputohq: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2016
isiegbe:
Plz the moderator move this topic to the front page I need more opinion about this
say lalasticlala
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by isiegbe(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2016
Lalasticlala plz do the needful thanks.
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
isiegbe:
Lalasticlala plz do the needful thanks.
The answers here are already more than detailed enough.
I used to question how true it was when I turned 16 and decided to google for answers. What I found out killed half the entertainment value of wrestling for me.
I'm still a fan but I miss the days I thought it was real - the emotions I got from their actions were raw unlike now I've to amuse myself with minor aspects of the show like technicality and agility of moves. I also enjoy the storylines but it was more enjoyable back then.

Tell me this: How is it possible that in actual sports and real life spinal injuries end people's careers or take at least nine months to heal, sometimes as much as two years but Triple H or Shawn Michaels take only two or three weeks to recover from them?
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
In addition to my comment I'd like to state the majority of the audience (guesstimating about 85 - 90%) know its fake. The place is mostly full of adults who paid their hard-earned money to watch, why? Because it's very entertaining.
They watched it since they were kids believing it was real till later in life when action inconsistencies made them question and eventually find out it was fake. Some left it but most came back when they had their own kids who took a liking to the 'sport'.

The action in the ring is mostly geared towards the tv audience than the live ones. You'd realize very quickly if you view it sitting in the audience that moves performed are fake - it happened to one of my friends, he still regrets the experience.
Would I pay to watch it live? Without a doubt. I want to join the crowd roaring 'this is awesome!!!', 'CENA, CENA, CENA!', 'OOOOWWWWAAAAA!'.
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by mattmogan88: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2016
wrestling is real and fake
real part of it are som of d moves they perform thou they are all trained on how to execute them safely, som moves are very dangerous Dats y wwe banned them, moves like d randy Orton's "punt kick", Seth Rollins "cob stump", " shooting star press.
fake part of it is dat winners are hand picked backstage. dat is its scripted just like movies bt in a professional way, in my area ,its only me dat knows dat its scripted, my dad and mum will shouting romans dis romans dat, I go b 4 corner dy pity dem. I no wan tell my dad cos he will stop buying it and me I love wrestling die
note: thou its fake bt its very very risky
Re: Is Wrestling An Entertainment Or Real Fight by enochogaga(m): 3:53am On Jun 21, 2016
Wrestling is a seasoner film that will never end. I hail the wrighter, he knows where to tell a wrestler to loose,for the fight to sweet. He knows when to tell camera man to apear to be seen so that he can be hit. Any that says wrestling is real,i nor blame am.cos i remember wen am a kid, i use to think horror film is real, i think that people that they kill in the film as die in real life. Untill i grow up then i know ís not real.
So is only kids that will say wrestling is real

(1) (Reply)

First Ever Biafra Football Clubs Play Against Each Other / ‘i’m Joining Chelsea’ – Morata Tells Madrid / Manchester United Players Salary Wages 2017/2018 -sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.