Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion (51879 Views)

Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title / Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by robosky02(m): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2016
The Special One was in attendance to see the Brit claim the IBF crown from his American opponent at The O2

Mourinho surprised Joshua when he arrived unannounced at The O2 to see him KO American Charles Martin inside two rounds.

The Portuguese then waited patiently in the queue of well wishers outside Joshua’s dressing room to congratulate him on becoming the new IBF heavyweight king.

“Jose was watching the build-up and then decided, all of a sudden, he wanted a ticket last-minute,” said Joshua. “They managed to get him a seat and I met him afterwards.

“I’ve met him before and he remembered me. We had a good five-minute chat. I respect him. We were in the changing room and he’s a cool guy. He just congratulated me. There were some good faces there. I saw Jess Ennis, too.”

Promoter Eddie Hearn was shocked when he saw Mourinho and says his presence shows how big Joshua is becoming.

“We didn’t even know he was coming,” said the Matchroom Sport MD. “He just rocked up at half-six at the Arena and started texting people to get in.

“He then queued up at the changing room to meet him. AJ is a massive star. He is the new figurehead of British boxing.”

Joshua’s rise in his two and a half years as a pro has been meteoric and no one has boxed fewer than his 34 rounds to become world heavyweight champion.

Anthony Joshua thanks fans after being crowned IBF heavyweight champion

Even Joshua, 26, was impressed by this stat as he relaxed in his fight hotel in Canary Wharf yesterday.

“Yeah, that is quick,” he said. “That’s crazy. Dillian Whyte was the only fight which went seven rounds. Everything else has been one to three.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/jose-mourinho-meets-anthony-joshua-7726376

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Benjom(m): 7:42am On Apr 11, 2016
I just like this Mourinho for his simpliicity atimes. Coach, Man U needs you 'goodly' o.

This may be helpful to someone out there:
QUICK SITE MAP:

Unique CV Samples:
http://.com/cv-samples/

Satisfied Clients:
http://.com/testimonials

Free Mini CV Request (Your CV):
http://.com/mini-cv-
request/

Professional CV and Cover Letter
Rewrite:
http://.com/cv-rewrite

Exceptional Offer (NYSC members
only):
http://.com/nysc-cv-
rewrite-offer/

46 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by AnotherSeun(m): 7:56am On Apr 11, 2016
Mou always everywea

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by robosky02(m): 8:05am On Apr 11, 2016
Like Jose Mourinho turning up out of the blue and wanting to sit ringside. The football manager had even queued outside Joshua’s dressing room to see him. “He had been watching the build-up to the fight, and then wanted last-minute tickets,” revealed Joshua. “They managed to get him a seat, he came on his own, I think. I met him before and he remembered me after we’d had a good five-minute chat. I walked back to the changing room with him and he is a cool guy. He congratulated me and said ‘well done’. I think he is going to United.

lalasticlala

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2016/04/10/anthony-joshua-wants-decade-of-dominance-as-eddie-hearn-plots-40/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by 5starmilitant: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
Benjom:
I just like this Mourinho for his simpliicity atimes. Coach, Man u needs you 'goodly' o.

Before you people never saw mourinho as a good manager, but now y'all want him at old Trafford. God go judge una o

71 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by MayorDNA(m): 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
Josh is a beast. KO'd Charles Martin in the second round. Dude was born to brawl.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Ada9103(f): 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by 0955eb027(m): 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
@op, please put the guy's Nigerian name to let the whole world know he is a Nigerian first, before becoming a Brit. Bunch of hypocrites want to claim all the glory for themselves just because he is doing great, but the story is going to be different If the guy were to be involved in negative stuffs. They will be like " Nigerian's are always involved in fraudulent activities", "Nigerian's this, Nigerian's that. GOD bless we Country. #ibelieveNigeriawillbegreatsomeday.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Afrok(m): 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Benjom:
I just like this Mourinho for his simpliicity atimes. Coach, Man u needs you 'goodly' o.
SIMPLICITY? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Trailblazer1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin

The special One who has lost his special touch

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by infogenius(m): 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nice way of enjoying a long leave.

His next job won't afford him spare
time like this.

The next football caption I can't wait to read is

*Manchester United Axe Luis Van Gaal *
He needs a vacation too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by SirShymexx: 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
The special/greatest one meets the great one, who'll end up as an all time great. Proud of my fellow pounded yam eater and the face of the urban youths. Let's go CHAMP!

You can't go wrong with pounded yam - pounded yam power. grin

Anthony Joshua ready for bouts of home help before his US venture

This surely was an occasion for the winner to savour after predictions by so many experts that this was a premature test of his undoubted skills.

However, while others danced, sang and staggered into the night, Joshua moved from the scene of his triumph to the quiet of his dressing room as if he had just gone to the shops to collect a pre‑ordered delivery of his favourite Nigerian pounded yam.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/10/anthony-joshua-ibf-heavyweight-champion-tyson-fury

6 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by kcsider: 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
MOU........my man!

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by gbens2000(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
Kudos Anthony,but must AV been a stroll in the park no signs on him like he just fought.
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Ridwan123(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
Everybody loves mourinho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Testerfuze(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Instead of scouting players that'll get united out of their misery he's busy watching some guys punch themselves...who knows if he might be learning boxing so as to get back at those foolish FAs and media who didnt let him do his job.
Watch what you say this time guys!!

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by otemanuduno: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mtchew! How will this increase the wails of the wailers?
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by macaranta(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
cool
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by opineflu(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
this anthony guy can b wicked oooo...see knockout punch....willy was beaten silly

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Hillzy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hope say no be coaching carriar Him find go dat way, cos dis way na only syria national team dey find so.
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by AntiWailer: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
gbens2000:
Kudos Anthony,but must AV been a stroll in the park no signs on him like he just fought.

He beat the guy second round.

Knocked him off his feet.

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Ebukaobi: 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
Great Yoruba warrior

God bless you

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
The Lonely One grin

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by gbens2000(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
shocked
AntiWailer:

He beat the guy second round.

Knocked him off his feet.
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by ichommy(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
Seen
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Delphi(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
This guy is so proud of Nigeria/Africa. He tattooed the map of Africa in his upper hand-shoulder showing Nigeria very well in it. Kudos to him. Lest I forget, that his six pack is the original version.

5 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Testerfuze(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
0955eb027:
0955eb027:
Hillzy:
H
0955eb027:

look at y'all cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by opejossy: 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
5starmilitant:

Before you people never saw mourinho as a good manager, but now y'all want him at old Trafford. God go judge una o

Maybe him know understand simplicity meaning
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by yadnus1(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Guess he just need a back up guy at his next club to prevent another dressing room mutiny. Once the hunky figure of Anthony Joshua shows up in the dressing room during the first half pep talk, everybody will listen to instructions,they wan die?

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by 4nobody4every1: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
cool
Re: Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion by Fizzbizzie(m): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
Yorubas making Nigeria proud everywher

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) / Emmanuel Adebayor Shows Off His Garage With Exotic Cars / Chelsea Sack Thomas Tuchel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.