Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? (1146 Views)

The Story Of My Life , Can I Still Get Help? / Laurie Idahosa Wants Her '666' Number Of Instagram Followers Changed (Photos) / This Current Life We Are Living Is The Predestined Eternity Of The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by Maccoy1(m): 11:27am On Apr 11, 2016
So I was reading this book and about the the existence of the spiritual realm, our sub conscious mind and the power it possess, how man has exploited this realm (both the spiritual and sub conscious) in search of absolutely power of over his own physical realm and the writer in the course of time explained that all this activities(spiritual/astral) of man has disrupt the initial system of matter in its state of constant rest or motion. here by changing the actually route for some people's destiny nd in all they've been able to delay the destiny's but couldn't change them.he cited example saying when a greatman is born, astrologers can see a star either great or small, and if it is a great star it reveals greatness. So this proves that we have a predestined life to live..... So my question do we really have a predestined life or arent we the ones who forge our path

Where are the gurus nd spirituallist in the house
lalasticlala fp pls need more opinion on this
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by lekkie073(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2016
Maccoy1:
So I was reading this book and about the the existence of the spiritual realm, our sub conscious mind and the power it possess, how man has exploited this realm (both the spiritual and sub conscious) in search of absolutely power of over his own physical realm and the writer in the course of time explained that all this activities(spiritual/astral) of man has disrupt the initial system of matter in its state of constant rest or motion. here by changing the actually route for some people's destiny nd in all they've been able to delay the destiny's but couldn't change them.he cited example saying when a greatman is born, astrologers can see a star either great or small, and if it is a great star it reveals greatness. So this proves that we have a predestined life to live..... So my question do we really have a predestined life or arent we the ones who forge our path
whats the title of the book and d author?
I wish to read too
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by Maccoy1(m): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2016
lekkie073:
whats the title of the book and d author?
I wish to read too
it's an old book I found in the library, the cover was long torn... I don't think it has a digital copy but in every pages there is "S.B.A.T" written on it.
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by iamEGAHI(m): 11:52am On Apr 11, 2016
Calvary greetings.
God created human beings as free moral agents i.e we have absolute control over our will. But worthy of note also is that God created everyone for a purpose which is the bright destiny everyone knows he has
As free moral agents we are absolutely responsible for the decisions we make and these decisions determine where we end up.

But as humans, prone to mistakes as is our nature, it is impossible to make all the right decisions that'll lead us to that bright destiny fulfiling the purpose we were created for.
This can only be achieved by submitting our will to God and following His directives through His Spirit in us.

Hence the concept of total surrender to Christ (as this is the only way we can be united back to God) and determination to live by God's directives -Christ's examples- and standards.
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by lekkie073(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Maccoy1:
it's an old book I found in the library, the cover was long torn... I don't think it has a digital copy but in every pages there is "S.B.A.T" written on it.
dont be surprised it has a digital copy. check the book well...there should be something sonewhere that will give u an insight to the author or title.

well with regards to mans journey on earth being predetermined, I think d bible indirectly lends credence to it. a vivid example is the life of jesus. His life has been foreseen and prophesied by different prophets of the past. Jesus knew he would be betrayed and there was no way the cup was going to pass over him. dat alone shows the bible supports a predestined life for man
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by Maccoy1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
iamEGAHI:
Calvary greetings.
God created human beings as free moral agents i.e we have absolute control over our will. But worthy of note also is that God created everyone for a purpose which is the bright destiny everyone knows he has
As free moral agents we are absolutely responsible for the decisions we make and these decisions determine where we end up.

But as humans, prone to mistakes as is our nature, it is impossible to make all the right decisions that'll lead us to that bright destiny fulfiling the purpose we were created for.
This can only be achieved by submitting our will to God and following His directives through His Spirit in us.

Hence the concept of total surrender to Christ (as this is the only way we can be united back to God) and determination to live by God's directives -Christ's examples- and standards.
so in your terms you believe there is a destiny nd also our actions . but, the believe of destiny is that irrespective of ur actions. It's like a written script. It must surely come to past.
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by Maccoy1(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
lekkie073:
dont be surprised it has a digital copy. check the book well...there should be something sonewhere that will give u an insight to the author or title.

well with regards to mans journey on earth being predetermined, I think d bible indirectly lends credence to it. a vivid example is the life of jesus. His life has been foreseen and prophesied by different prophets of the past. Jesus knew he would be betrayed and there was no way the cup was going to pass over him. dat alone shows the bible supports a predestined life for man
okay I will check
lekkie073:
so what's happens to our thought that manifest our actions which later becomes the becomes a character that defines our destiny.
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by lekkie073(m): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
Maccoy1:
okay I will check so what's happens to our thought that manifest our actions which later becomes the becomes a character that defines our destiny.
a robot will never know he is programmed.....will it?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by Maccoy1(m): 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
lekkie073:

a robot will never know he is programmed.....will it?
hmmm meaning
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by lekkie073(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
Maccoy1:
hmmm meaning
human predestination and robotic programming....
any difference ?
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by iamEGAHI(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
Maccoy1:
so in your terms you believe there is a destiny nd also our actions . but, the believe of destiny is that irrespective of ur actions. It's like a written script. It must surely come to past.

Calvary greetings
Yes. No matter how wrong a string of choices which might have marred our lives, when we connect to our creator, He leads us back to the right path and right destiny. If death doesn't catch up with us first, then we'll surely get to it.
E.g a lion trained and domesticated at home from birth, may fit in well around dogs...
...until the day it tastes blood.
*a man that seems successful but lacks happiness, or that sense of acomplishment may have chosen a wrong path in life.
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by orunto27: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
"Before you were born I formed you. And after you were born, you live and change by My Will ". Jacob and Esau were set apart and pre-destined from the Womb and their lives were ordered by the Will and Word of God.
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by Maccoy1(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2016
orunto27:
"Before you were born I formed you. And after you were born, you live and change by My Will ". Jacob and Esau were set apart and pre-destined from the Womb and their lives were ordered by the Will and Word of God.
so you mean that our decision in life do not affect our destiny
Re: Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? by Ministerinmakin: 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Jeremiah 1 v 5: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
God already set us apart before we were born actually before our gran parents were even born, so he knows every comma, junction or corner that we will ever go through. So when God’s plans are derailed this is due to sin, by not following the will of God. The enemy enters into people’s lives through sin and derails, delays or puts setbacks in the plans already made by God – hence the saying “you are responsible for your destiny”.
These sin openers can either be by individual actions (the occult, fornication etc) their parents or generational sins (idol worshiping etc). This gives the devil access into people’s lives allowing these said change in destiny to happen. So yes, God sets a predestined life for us, but we have the choice to make sure it happens.

(1) (Reply)

WATCH How David Oyedepo Honours His Principal Back In Secondary School At Shilo / Question: "Why Is Sexual Purity So Important?" / See The Worst Countries In The World To Be A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.