Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! (527 Views)

Union Bank Campus Innovation Challenge For Entrepreneurial Nigerian Students / I'm Launching My Business, I'd Love Your Input Please. / 5 Habits That Will Kill Your Entrepreneurial Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2016
A few weeks ago, I made the decision to shut down my online business training newsletter and website, to devote more time to my writing and other personal interests. Things have been going well, and I look forward to self-publishing my first major work this summer on Amazon. A small accomplishment, but an accomplishment nonetheless. smiley

In the short time since closing the site, I've received a few emails from former subscribers, asking if I will ever consider relaunching the newsletter or website. At first, my answer was a definite and firm 'no', but last week, someone offered a suggestion that's made me re-think my position on the whole thing.

This subscriber, a woman who owns a start-up consulting agency, wanted to know if I would consider starting a new newsletter, but focus more on my own experiences and businesses. When I asked why, she said that most of my earlier content was very similar to what other bloggers and entrepreneurs offered, and that had I focused more on my own experiences, it might have added more value to the newsletter. I understand this was just her personal opinion, but it made me wonder how many others felt or thought the same.

Another reason I found her comments to be of interest, is because she touched on something that I'd considered prior to the newsletter's launch. In the beginning, I thought people would want to know more about my own experiences, as opposed to learning basic entrepreneurial strategy, but I decided against that because I didn't want people to assume I was too high on myself. So I chose to go with a simpler strategy, which still worked out quite well. The newsletter ran for a year and a half, and in the end, it had just over 12,000 subscribers. Which is very small compared to other email lists, but a sizable list. From it, I was generating almost $10,000 a month in revenue. After editors, designers and my assistants were paid, I would net anywhere from $5,000 - $7,000 a month.

Curious about her proposal, I decided to send a short email to a segment of my former list, to see who else might be interested in a more "personalized" entrepreneurial newsletter. One were I outline, in detail, the specific strategies I have and currently use to grow my online businesses. I sent the email to around 200 people, and a little over half have responded that they would be interested. About 20% said no, and the remaining 30% have not responded at all. But regardless, my audience has spoken, so in a few weeks, I'll be relaunching my newsletter with a more "personalized" focus.

The plan is to have things up and running within the next 2 weeks. One thing I have decided on is to offer a free and premium (paid) version of the newsletter. This way, I'll be able to include more people. The last newsletter was a paid version only, which unfortunately excluded a lot of people who might have otherwise benefited from the material.

I'm still working on an outline and framework for the new content, and when I have something definitive, I'll post word on this thread, in case anyone is following along, and interested in signing up.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any suggestions or questions about my newsletter, feel free to ask and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

Be blessed!

Ra
Re: I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2016
Really nice, how did you grow your mailing list to 12000. That's a lot.
And how did you start.
It would help to interview other entrepreneurs from an entrepreneurs point of view.
Re: I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
uchmann:
Really nice, how did you grow your mailing list to 12000. That's a lot.
And how did you start.
It would help to interview other entrepreneurs from an entrepreneurs point of view.

It took about 9-10 months to do it, but it's one of the things I will cover in the newsletter. I've considered interviewing, including interviews and view points of other entrepreneurs, but that will take some additional planning and organization.

The last time I offered this newsletter, there was only one version of the product. At the time, this newsletter was only supposed to be a short run experiment, but it quickly grew into something more, and rather than expand on the idea, I kept things the way they were. I have a lot of 'what ifs' about that project. Most of which will be highlighted in the latest edition.

So yes, I will consider adding interviews and advice from other entrepreneurs, and I'll probably need to add a second paid option to help cover the cost of the extra work my team will have to do.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Be blessed! smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Hello everyone!

I'm just doing a quick update to post that the preliminary website for Start Build Profit is up, and you can subscribe to the wait list and newsletter for further updates on when the SBP will re-launch. I'm planning to reopen the site in the next few weeks. God willing, and if all goes well, I will re-open SBP at the end of this month/early May. But we'll see.

You can sign up to receive updates HERE.

Thanks for your interest! I look forward to connecting with you and making SBP a valuable and informative resource for your online business training and educational needs.

Be blessed!
Re: I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 15, 2016
Following
Re: I'm Re-launching My Entrepreneurial Newsletter! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post another quick update to inform you that #StartBuildProfit is preparing to get underway.

The idea behind this project is to show interested parties how I turned a simple blog and ebook, into a profitable business.

The program is free, and there are no commitments to make. If you have an Internet connected device, you will be able to view this content as it is released.

If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter and receive updates and bonus material, you can sign up HERE, or you can visit the website directly, HERE, and learn more about #StartBuildProfit and what you can expect as a subscriber.

Thanks for your interest! I look forward to connecting with you and making #StartBuildProfit a valuable and informative resource for beginning and aspiring bloggers and marketers.

Be blessed!

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Sales And Customer Loyalty / Problems And Solutions Of Installing Propane Conversion Kit / Zenith, UBA, Firstbank, Gtbank, Others Make 2016 Top World Bank Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.