Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Military Beats Students Inside Uniport - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Military Beats Students Inside Uniport (32789 Views)

Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / 15 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Attended UNIPORT / UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by otokx(m): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
freecocoa:
There's something you need to understand about protests, not everyone who joins knows nor cares what the cause is, some street urchins be just passing and see a protest. They join in only to start misbehaving.

stories have not been told.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Students sha......make una go home now...and please wey d pics of the millitary men beating up students?..needed for compilation
o boy u wan pai be dat o. biko no try am o. anywhere u see millitary dey display kolo mental a beg hid ur face and camera or else dem go do u something
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by ibkgab001: 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
Back to back beatings
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by MadCow1: 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
CaptainECole:
lol grin .. perhaps that's what you do undecided .. I'm too busy for such sh!t... too busy thinking how to better my life so I don't become as wretched as you and your family undecided

Please stay in your lane..

Poor people are the ones that are quick to refer to others as wretched.

I can be you are not worth 1 million Naira wherever you are now and yet you have the balls to talk about wretchedness.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by miqos02(m): 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
sorri
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by mactoni91(m): 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
I read most peeps comment and i marvel at the way they advertise their low sense of reasoning...
@ all those saying the students deserved what they needed...
Mehn!
I pray ur children experences same.
U expect students whose parents stays at Ogun, Jos, Kaduna and Lag(like myself back then) to go home that Nite?
UNIPORT always find ways to exploits its students, buy the conscience of the SUGs and execute their wicked acts.
I payed 20,000 naira for my cert which they called CONVOCATION PACK Last year and 3,500 for Statements of Result which they called SUCCESS LETTER(wasn't given to us)
I still pray for the day Ajeinka kicks the bucket...
I think amma add Lale too in my prayers coz i got juniors who re suffering from these beasts

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by macaranta(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Misuse and abuse of power..smh

1 Like

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
Make una go nah shuu una no get houx ni? Abegi leave der school 4 dem....

okayy i just dey joke o

all those heartless army....fear them!!!

sorry op buh you sef try and leave.... Your life no get duplicate o
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by otokx(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2016
mactoni91:
I read most peeps comment and i marvel at the way they advertise their low sense of reasoning...
@ all those saying the students deserved what they needed...
Mehn!
I pray ur children experences same.
U expect students whose parents stays at Ogun, Jos, Kaduna and Lag(like myself back then) to go home that Nite?
UNIPORT always find ways to exploits its students, buy the conscience of the SUGs and execute their wicked acts.
I payed 20,000 naira for my cert. Last year and 3,500 for Statements of Result(wasn't given to us)
I still pray for the day Ajeinka kicks the bucket...
I think amma add Lale too in my prayers coz i got juniors who re suffering from these beasts

Yes 20k for cert is too much, 3k5 is outright fraud, but then the FG has stopped funding so its a bit complex.

This is Africa, people know people, you can squat off campus for a night and be on your way home the following day.

1 Like

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Ballmer: 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
BiafranNigerian:

Pen is mightier than the sword, gather as many students as you can and invade Twitter, that is the least you can do to bring down the governing council of your Uni, you can even bring down a country with social media, stop complaining, Nigerians are looking up to young students as revolutionaries.

My guy you sha dey dish out instructions o. No join them o make the zoo milatary no take blala revolutionize your medula.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Beanhead(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
KOMBE:
Students should leave the school premises and stop creating problem for the government and society. The riot was as a result of students desire to take examinations without paying school fees. This is not obtainable anywhere in the world as education is never free.

That's not true. not all of them were able to raise the amount for the school fees because it has been increased and if they don't take the exam it will warrant carry over.
Assuming you are one of them will you be happy with that?
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by mactoni91(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
there's Big Fraud going on in UNIPORT...
And it seems no Anti-corrupt agency is beaming their search light there.
Many students do all sorts of Labour jobs just to meet up with the high demands of these Beasts(Ajeinka and Lale)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ballmer:

My guy you sha dey dish out instructions o. No join them o make the zoo milatary no take blala revolutionize your medula.
Join them ke, I go close all my doors and windows and be sitting down with phone and twitter. If I hear knock for gate, I enter under the bed and hide. Wetin concern me with the failing zoo. I be Biafran first before Nigerian o.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by dubie92: 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
bestyclass:

Meaning? The OP deserve more than he got. The instruction was very clear enough.. They should vacate the school premises. What is he still doing there? Don't he have a home? Just wait some more minutes, they are coming back for u.

Try and be reasonable atimes, most of those students don't even stay in or around rivers State. What do u expect people that stay places as far as Lagos to do. SMH
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Ballmer: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
BiafranNigerian:

Pen is mightier than the sword, gather as many students as you can and invade Twitter, that is the least you can do to bring down the governing council of your Uni, you can even bring down a country with social media, stop complaining, Nigerians are looking up to young students as revolutionaries.

My guy you sha dey dish out instructions o. No join them o make the zoo milatary no take koboko revolutionize your medula.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by ezetimy: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
matrixx9:
The school Said that no student should be seen in school after 6pm. It's not even evening yet
bros u go join abi dem blend you for bush , i com d talk say nah army abeg talk true...hehehehehe tnk God say dem no kill u
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
LOOLLL... The o.p was expecting support grin... Luk at d way pipo turned on u ... Chai grin.. Lwkm... U don't know dat in dix world U ARE ON YOUR OWN... My broda run ooo b4 dem break ur head.. If any of u guyz die ... Hu really cares... U don die u don die... Pipz will only cry grin... Lol
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Sylvester70(m): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
KOMBE:
Students should leave the school premises and stop creating problem for the government and society. The riot was as a result of students desire to take examinations without paying school fees. This is not obtainable anywhere in the world as education is never free.
shut up and say wa u knw my sis is a student there and she is all a victim they said that those who have not paid will not be able to take the exam and will not be allowed to pay again even when the exam have not reached,why give them atleast 1 week final warning
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by davizfellz: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
Delphi:
You have been told to go, go home! Or you don't have a home?. Your stay there is illegal. And anything illegal abinitio is illegal in its entity. Stay, until something bad happens to you. Then, you will know that Nigeria has no honour for her fallen heroes let alone you.

My friend stop muttering gibberish. That memo came around 5pm. I guess you expect those(especially the girls) that don't have anybody around PH to go out to the streets and roam about? Where is your conscience Sir?

3 Likes

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by ChinonsoDike2: 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
That sucks dude.

That's Africa(Nigeria) for you; virtually nothing good comes out of it.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2016
Sylvester70:

shut up and say wa u knw my sis is a student there and she is all a victim they said that those who have not paid will not be able to take the exam and will not be allowed to pay again even when the exam have not reached,why give them atleast 1 week final warning

What is this one saying, students were giving adequate time to pay fees, if from December till April is not adequate enough then sorry.

1 Like

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by munaluv(f): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
You guys were instructed to go yesterday... Why still in school premises.... Sorry about the beating..... Take drugs
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by samchem(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
missyadorable:
All hostels were stormed except the clinical students quarters that houses year 5 and 6 medical and dental students

That side has been calm and serene.One would think it's not part of the university.

Medical students are unique
TRASH

PS: I am a lawyer,Alma Mater:UNIBEN
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Ojimba1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
Delphi:
You have been told to go, go home! Or you don't have a home?. Your stay there is illegal. And anything illegal abinitio is illegal in its entity. Stay, until something bad happens to you. Then, you will know that Nigeria has no honour for her fallen heroes let alone you.

how would you tell students to vacate d hostel immediately,
those that their people are not staying close nko?
those that does not av physical cash nko ?
using the military to mal handle innocent Nigerian students is it proper ?

Before u comment u av to think twice

#lalemustgo

1 Like

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Gaskia: 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
This is brutish, crude and unacceptable. It is a crass abuse and misuse of power. Even if the student was found in school after 6pm on the said day of the marshal instruction, is this the punishment defined by law? When we continue to encourage this, it gradually pushes the culprits to become trigger frivolous and we complain.

Brother, press a serious charge against the Army for fundamental breach of human right and violation of human dignity.

I encourage you, you have a good case.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by femiranking28(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
Madcow is a very stupid person... Mod sorry
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by vickylala239: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
matrixx9:
Early this morning we woke up in our hostels only to see some army guys that stormed into our hostel and started beating us. They even took some female students to the convocation arena. What have we done to deserve this

Wat is wrong wit u guys...you Hv been told to go home...

Why still remain There...is it Dat u Ppl Lik death...

Evn without telling u guys to go....Hw cn u remain in hostel after d heavy protest n killing...

What is really wrong with student self...

Do u think they count bullet for army's
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
Am so sorry for the state we have found our self, in the society we are in were the DSS, Police, Soldiers. are used for self ambitions of our various leaders from the federal level, state and local levels are if not all corrupt. Note only those Who were or are Nigerian students will understand. the educational sector as corrupt as the state and federal were VC and Rector revolves within were external VC is posted or selected to go to another university e.g Umudike. while their Are able profs. who do understand the students are not allowed to be the VC of the school the lectures unless has a source of influence from above e.g uniben.
so as to cover up their dirty dip hole, were universe school Fees are increase at their wants, unnecessary payments amounting to thousands . were a VC was ask before a law court how much student's sch fee were apart from other dues, he said 1/3 of the money the students are been forced (if not no exam) pay. my question is were is the 2quater of the money going to?
if they students stage a peaceful protest due to fear of violence full view of these VC's the police or soldier are used to suppress the students. Remember these VC have connections than the students. and no man eats alone they do have supporters via Profs. Dr who are members of his Senate who have no option than to support their boss.

the only advise I would give is that they student union government SUG should sue that particular VC and not the school management for easy access, Remember the School is a federal government property. and the information should be properly submitted to the NUNS and Human Rights. take note that they leading Comr. Sug president must be aware of the increase in school fee and have to be signatory to it before head now. dolll
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by oribi(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
otokx:

We have not lost every ounce but let's call a spade a spade, go and see the New AEB building that those people destroyed you will weep.

Rest in Peace to the dead.

So that calls to be beaten up..who will effect the repairs?it's still the students bro.. See the baltimore riot in us and see the level of destruction. Who was killed?

Not in support of the riot but just saying there better ways to handle issues than brute force
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
oribi:

So that calls to be beaten up..who will effect the repairs?it's still the students bro.. See the baltimore riot in us and see the level of destruction. Who was killed?

Not in support of the riot but just saying there better ways to handle issues than brute force
my dear u don't breed fire but quench it, if not u self is burnt. Nigerian and power, what are the needs of peace and conflict studies in our university if our so all leader don't understand the meaning of leadership!!! please try and learn from Goodluck or Gej.
Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
The University is still very much behind in development. I can't imagine that students have not paid school fees on exam day. Even in Ife many years ago, if you don't pay your school fees 2 weeks after resumption, the school porter will be closed and you will not be able to register your semester courses, which is automatic carry over.

matrixx9:
Early this morning we woke up in our hostels only to see some army guys that stormed into our hostel and started beating us. They even took some female students to the convocation arena. What have we done to deserve this

Re: Military Beats Students Inside Uniport by texazzpete(m): 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
While it is undoubtedly an act of barbarism to whip students, one must question the rationale of the OP and his cohorts illegally occupying the hostel after being evicted.

Na wa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Nigeria Universities That Doesn't Require Jamb For Admission. / Resumption Dates For ASUU Strike Universities / Patience Thomas, Taraba Student Dies In Hostel After Complaining Of Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.