Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Bankers Challenge - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bankers Challenge (1273 Views)

How Much Do Bankers Earn? / Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment For Graduate Private Bankers / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Private Bankers Recruitment 2017 (Nationwide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers Challenge by carlcar2012(f): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
I will be talking about SHORTAGES AND OVERAGES

in the banking sector if you receive alert higher than the money you deposited, probability is that the teller will pay for the excess.

I remember a day I over paid a lawyer by 24k, the lawyer wrote a chq of 5k but my transaction ID was 29. Transaction ID means the number of transactions at that particular time. ( those in the field will understand)
So I paid d lawyer 29k. Balancing my till for mid day I noticed the error. I called the lawyer and he denied it, but when I told him cctv captured it, he switched off the phone and started blaming me through text, that I was careless, I did admit I was careless but since he refused to refund the money I had no choice but to pay back with my cash. God knows I was really broke that month.

Overage

When you under credit a customer either through account or cash.

If you as a customer notice such error the reverse of what happened to me is the case, especially if you have left the bank. Just go bank to the teller, explain yourself, beg him or her to do mid day balancing. Of course not everyone will admit, just like d lawyer didn't admit. Shouting and reporting to d manager will have little or no effect. Hopefully the teller is a good person shocked
Re: Bankers Challenge by carlcar2012(f): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
Seun Lalastilala I think people need to know how this works. I have read a lot of comments where over paying a customer the think bank will liquidate the shortage, the should know the shortage is on the tellers head or wallet and most of this tellers are contract staff, there take home is like 40k to 50k. This economy is not smiling and most of them take care of their families.

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Challenge by Peritus(m): 9:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
1. Collecting counterfeit currency without checking.
2. Having to contain a vituperative customer who is complaining of N50 administrative charge, and cursing ur family on top while giving u no time for explanation. You will just know that his sole aim is to create unnecessary scene.
3. (for those in legal department) Discovering that the land allocation paper you collected was doctored, and the owner had been given a facility after prevailing on you to exercise your oversight.
Re: Bankers Challenge by nurez305(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
Bank teller is the most easiest way of going bankrupt, one zero can kill in that field. I remember a day customer pay in 3k, due to pressure I posted 30k i.e adding one zero, During my balancing I notice a shortage o 27k which I started doing my call over, and I saw it, immediately I called that bastard because he has withdrew the 15k, when I calle him, he was telling me that he needed money that is why he withdrew it and told me NO VEX. I tried to explained to him that I will be the one to pay for that money and he didn't believed it, he was telling me that is not possible that is the bank that will pay for it, up till now the guy no give me back the money

In banking they are wicked. If you have a shortage, you will be expected to pay, but if it is overage, they will said you should booked it.

Anyway, the good thing about bank tellering is that, you will meet with top people that can assist whenever you are in need, moreso those customer can easily connect you to get a better offer except you are the type that doesn't relate well with them.

Now I'm very happy for where I am now
Re: Bankers Challenge by metrosexual: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
Following...
Go on OP, very informative so far
Re: Bankers Challenge by BLACKPANTHER(m): 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2016
carlcar2012:
I will be talking about SHORTAGES AND OVERAGES

in the banking sector if you receive alert higher than the money you deposited, probability is that the teller will pay for the excess.

I remember a day I over paid a lawyer by 24k, the lawyer wrote a chq of 5k but my transaction ID was 29. Transaction ID means the number of transactions at that particular time. ( those in the field will understand)
So I paid d lawyer 29k. Balancing my till for mid day I noticed the error. I called the lawyer and he denied it, but when I told him cctv captured it, he switched off the phone and started blaming me through text, that I was careless, I did admit I was careless but since he refused to refund the money I had no choice but to pay back with my cash. God knows I was really broke that month.

Overage

When you under credit a customer either through account or cash.

If you as a customer notice such error the reverse of what happened to me is the case, especially if you have left the bank. Just go bank to the teller, explain yourself, beg him or her to do mid day balancing. Of course not everyone will admit, just like d lawyer didn't admit. Shouting and reporting to d manager will have little or no effect. Hopefully the teller is a good person shocked

This Person likes the JOB.....I hope you will not breach your oath of secrecy one day ohhh.
Re: Bankers Challenge by carlcar2012(f): 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
BLACKPANTHER:

This Person likes the JOB.....I hope you will not breach your oath of secrecy one day ohhh.

Wetin concern secrecy with what I just said
Re: Bankers Challenge by carlcar2012(f): 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
nurez305:
Bank teller is the most easiest way of going bankrupt, one zero can kill in that field. I remember a day customer pay in 3k, due to pressure I posted 30k i.e adding one zero, During my balancing I notice a shortage o 27k which I started doing my call over, and I saw it, immediately I called that bastard because he has withdrew the 15k, when I calle him, he was telling me that he needed money that is why he withdrew it and told me NO VEX. I tried to explained to him that I will be the one to pay for that money and he didn't believed it, he was telling me that is not possible that is the bank that will pay for it, up till now the guy no give me back the money

In banking they are wicked. If you have a shortage, you will be expected to pay, but if it is overage, they will said you should booked it.

Anyway, the good thing about bank tellering is that, you will meet with top people that can assist whenever you are in need, moreso those customer can easily connect you to get a better offer except you are the type that doesn't relate well with them.

Now I'm very happy for where I am now

Good for you, me need connection too, unfortunately I work in a local town

(1) (Reply)

Dressmeoutlet Interview Invite / Vacancy At Bendoriks Travels & Tours / Office Administrator / Business Development Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.