Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 (2017 Views)

Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Strongedition: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
Guru's in the house, i just noticed that each time am on speed and i reach 100 my steering starts vibrating and immediately it gets past 100,it returns to normal, becomes steady again.
I have done wheel balancing and alignment twice now and it's the same. Any known issue?
2008 camry. Thanks house
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by pacino26(m): 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
Bro, get your cambar checked the two front wheels as attached to the chassis of your car. You may have a rusted plate out of bolt. A good arc welder with the help of your technician will get it fixed.
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Strongedition:
Guru's in the house, i just noticed that each time am on speed and i reach 100 my steering starts vibrating and immediately it gets past 100,it returns to normal, becomes steady again.
I have done wheel balancing and alignment twice now and it's the same. Any known issue?
2008 camry. Thanks house

balance your wheels. Ensure its a digital system.
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Strongedition: 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

balance your wheels. Ensure its a digital system.

Pls throw more light on what u mean by digital system.
Thanks bro
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Strongedition: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
pacino26:
Bro, get your cambar checked the two front wheels as attached to the chassis of your car. You may have a rusted plate out of bolt. A good arc welder with the help of your technician will get it fixed.

Thanks brother,just wondering how to transmit this to my mech in easier terms. Thanks
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
Op drive into any petrol station that does alignment and balancing, ask if their tyre balancer is digital, if it is balance all 4wheels, if you cannot afford it balance the 2 in front. Dass all.

4 Likes

Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Strongedition: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Op drive into any petrol station that does alignment and balancing, ask if their tyre balancer is digital, if it is balance all 4wheels, if you cannot afford it balance the 2 in front. Dass all.

Yes boss,thanks
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Strongedition: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Once again u were right. Found the digital stuff at one Total station. Stay blessed.
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by VISTIN(m): 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
If you've done proper wheel balancing and alignment, the problem might be tyre.

One of your front tyres is bad, if not the two. It happens when a tyre jumps thread (the surface of the tyre is not even any longer).

You don't nitoce it much when you're on lower speed. Meanwhile, it dangerous because un-even friction will definitly result in tyre burst.

I had the experience twice. The first time I was on 120km/h when the right tyre burst. The second time when I notice it, I replaced the tyre and after some hours it exploded in the booth (on it's own).

So, go to a good Vulcanizer to remove to tyres and find out the one that is faulty.

May God protect you as you drive.

1 Like

Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
Strongedition:

Once again u were right. Found the digital stuff at one Total station. Stay blessed.

declare origin nah.... no be pesin tell u to find arc welder remove camber grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by cescky(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Bro, mine vibrates even when the car is on idle or immobile...not reall the steering wheel but the whole car...mostly felt through the seats....any suggestions?
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
cescky:

Bro, mine vibrates even when the car is on idle or immobile...not reall the steering wheel but the whole car...mostly felt through the seats....any suggestions?

this one pass me, visit MFM lagos ibadan express rd, they will recommend 30days prayer and fastingengine mount replacement and search for a firemisfire grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by baaliyah(m): 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

this one pass me, visit MFM lagos ibadan express rd, they will recommend 30days prayer and fastingengine mount replacement and search for a firemisfire grin

Bad boy, you no de sleep. Always mocking u while profer solution.
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Lexusgs430: 2:16am On Apr 19, 2016
Strongedition:
2008 camry. Thanks house

Try and always remain at 99!!!! 100 I hope it's not mph?

1 Like

Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Strongedition: 9:31pm On May 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Nothing do you brother, two crates of origin bitters and goko cleanser for you... Lol

Digital wheel balancing and alignment set did the magic... I fire infinito now, no shaking...thanks to God and GAZZUZZ....all these musa mechanic for show me shege'
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by erico2k2(m): 3:45am On May 22, 2016
Strongedition:
2008 camry. Thanks house
Is the problem sorted?
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by airsaylongcon: 8:23pm On May 22, 2016
Strongedition:

Nothing do you brother, two crates of origin bitters and goko cleanser for you... Lol

Digital wheel balancing and alignment set did the magic... I fire infinito now, no shaking...thanks to God and GAZZUZZ....all these musa mechanic for show me shege'

Na Musa you still dey shebi. Wait till you reach Kazeem
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by Strongedition: 8:47pm On May 23, 2016
erico2k2:

Is the problem sorted?

Absolutely, thanks buddy
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by pacino26(m): 2:54am On May 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Chineke meee shocked

Oga Gazzuzz I own and drive same SUV. When I had similar issue first point of call was to go for an alignment even did wheel balancing. On the spot I was advised to change the two front tyres. Guess what it persisted, I was referred to my steering rack. Almost bought a new one and abandoned the car making use of another not until a very humble kazim took it to a pit a discovered a disjointed portion on the chassis caused by rust.

Sir when I had it worked on the vibrations never came up ever again.

I dugo m pass undecided
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by IamRespected: 7:20am On May 24, 2016
This was the problem that made me change four of my tryes, still it does that, Gazzuzz I dy vex for you, I summoned u when I had a similar problem
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18am On May 24, 2016
IamRespected:
This was the problem that made me change four of my tryes, still it does that, Gazzuzz I dy vex for you, I summoned u when I had a similar problem

no vex sir sad hope say you keep the old ones grin
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by IamRespected: 10:33am On May 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

no vex sir sad hope say you keep the old ones grin
I kept but 1 of my guys don use agidi collect two
Re: Steering Wheel Shakes Each Time I Hit A 100 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2016
IamRespected:
I kept but 1 of my guys don use agidi collect two

that's why you are respected wink.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer / P0446,p0401,toyota Camry / Nigerian Man Transforms Keke Into Helicopter(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.