Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer (2018 Views)

Do you use your Hazard Light properly? / List Of Countries Who Are Switching From Fossil Fuel Cars To Electric Cars / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by Presegs(m): 8:17am On Sep 21, 2020
If you are running in the rain while the hazard light a.k.a double-pointer is switched on as most people do, how will you be able to point to the left or right using the trafficator?

Best is for you to switch on the headlight or parking light of your vehicle so that any vehicle at your front or back will sight you with the help of the tail light that will also switch on. In that state, you will also be able to point to the left or right using the trafficator.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/important-reason-you-shouldnt-be-switching-on-hazard-light-a-k-a-double-pointer.282/#post-376
Re: Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by Hauptmann: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2020
[s]
Presegs:
If you are running in the rain while the hazard light a.k.a double-pointer is switched on as most people do, how will you be able to point to the left or right using the trafficator?

Best is for you to switch on the headlight or parking light of your vehicle so that any vehicle at your front or back will sight you with the help of the tail light that will also switch on. In that state, you will also be able to point to the left or right using the trafficator.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/important-reason-you-shouldnt-be-switching-on-hazard-light-a-k-a-double-pointer.282/#post-376

[/s]

More junk from a junk website

Many cars prioritize turn indicators. If the hazard lights are on and the left turn indicator switch is engaged, the right hazard light temporarily turns off till the turn indicator returns to the normal or resting position.

Free knowledge for you, you don't need to pay

Not like you can afford it, anyway.

15 Likes

Re: Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by mejai(m): 8:58am On Sep 21, 2020
Hauptmann:

Many cars prioritize turn indicators. If the hazard lights are on and the left turn indicator switch is engaged, the right hazard light temporarily turns off till the turn indicator returns to the normal or resting position.

For mid 2000's cars( no be all o).
So what happens when you drive cars without it?

Don't be in a haste to cancel.

2 Likes

Re: Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by Presegs(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2020
Wisdom is profitable to direct and intelligence to contribute and not cancel or be insultive.

Majority of cars on Nigerian roads don't have that feature which I'm aware of.

Re: Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by Dtruthspeaker: 5:04am On Sep 22, 2020
Hauptmann:

But it is not a bad info. While I first start with parking lights but it can get really bad especially when the rain hits harder, you really can not see the car in front of you and suddenly, his hazard comes on, oh what a sigh of relief, then I got mine cos I now know that I too can be seen by others.

1 Like

Re: Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by Whois(m): 8:16am On Oct 28, 2021
Hauptmann:

Thanks for this free knowledge
Re: Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by Presegs(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Presegs:

Valid
Re: Important Reason You Shouldn't Be Switching On Hazard Light a.k.a Double Pointer by Presegs(m): 12:54am On Oct 31, 2021
On point

(1) (Reply)

Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday / Is 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T SE A Good Buy? / Swapping Tyre Sizes On A Sedan.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.