Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found (1647 Views)

Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran / If Quran Is A Holy Book, Why Do Muslims Still Accept Some Bible's Message? / Quran Is Not A Story Book!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by teegrams(m): 8:21am On Apr 13, 2016
More than 1,200 years after it was compiled and over 130 after it arrived in Europe, one of the oldest copies of the Quran is now fully digitized and available online.

The 8th-century manuscript can now be accessed on the British Library’s website. Placed on the library’s digitized manuscripts site, it comprises 121 folios containing over two-thirds of the complete text.
One of the oldest copies of the Quran (prophet Mohammed died in CE 632), it is also one of the largest of the known fragments of the holy book written in the māʼil script. The Arabic word mā’il means “sloping” and refers to the sloping style of the script—one of a number of early Arabic ones collectively named “Hijazi”, after the region in which they were developed.

This manuscript was purchased by the British Museum in 1879 from Greville John Chester (1830-1892), an ordained clergyman who made numerous trips to Egypt and the near east. It is likely that Chester acquired it in Egypt.
The earliest Quran manuscripts were produced in the mid-to-late 7th century. Ancient copies from this period have not survived intact and exist only in fragments.
There are no vowel signs in the early Quran, and this early style of script is also notable for its lack of diacritical marks to distinguish between letters of similar shape.

The importance of this Quran cannot be overestimated. It, along with other available fragments, provides the only available evidence for the early development of the written recording of the holy text and helps understand how early Quran codices were produced.
See photos here: http://rayoonline.com/2016/04/13/worlds-oldest-copies-of-the-quran-is-onlineguess-where-it-was-found
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Annunaki(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2016
They should just go and burn it, that horrible book as inspired so much death and misery since it was spewed out by that vile 'prophet'
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by waice6571: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2016
Annunaki:
They should just go and burn it, that horrible book as inspired so much death and misery since it was spewed out by that vile 'prophet'
Chai, very bad mouth.
But Mohammad himself is a serious clown.
Oldest copy of koran = APC lying manuscript.

Brainwashed!
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Buharism: 10:09am On Apr 13, 2016
Annunaki:
christian extremist spotted.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Blackfire(m): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2016
@analice107 u are about to do something 'wrong' soon.

I pray all my friends wont fall this week.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by teegrams(m): 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
you shouldnt make such comment on a holy book,in regards of your religion or belief
Annunaki:
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Annunaki(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
Double post.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Annunaki(m): 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
teegrams:
you shouldnt make such comment on a holy book,in regards of your religion or belief

There is nothing holy about the quoran, it's full of hate teachings, terrorism instructions, evil and violence.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by akuracy(m): 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
Annunaki:

There is nothing holy about the quoran, it's full of hate teachings, evil and violence.
Do you know that Christ himself will never condemn that book like this ? He said to the Pharisees; give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar, and to God what is God.

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
Buharism:
christian extremist spotted.

grin he's own extremism doesn't pull triggers, or slash throats, or shout "praise be to Jesus" and he launch bombs to destroy people. His own extremism doesn't disrespect women.. his own extremism doesn't preach surah 5:51...

grin so why call him an extremist?

2 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
akuracy:
Do you know that Christ himself will never condemn that book like this ? He said to the Pharisees; give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar, and to God what is God.

Ask yourself, why are Christians on NL sounding like rebels? Then ask yourself, the killing of Christians in Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia and borno state, is it justified? Ask yourself if people convert to Christianity, why would they be haunted and killed like rats? Ask yourself why are Christians asked to pay jizya and even after the jizya, they kill them in Islamic nations, when you have answered these questions then ask yourself, how peaceful is islam, then come back here... and talk.

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Annunaki(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
akuracy:

Stop quoting Jesus out of context, Jesus warned us severally against false prophets like mohammed and condemned their teachings.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Buharism: 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
gimakon:

grin he's own extremism doesn't pull triggers, or slash throats, or shout "praise be to Jesus" and he launch bombs to destroy people. His own extremism doesn't disrespect women.. his own extremism doesn't preach surah 5:51...

grin so why call him an extremist?
bt it goes against the golden rule "Love ur neighbour as u love yourself"
The damages caused by verbal violence is unlimited, u might say that he is nt killing people or bombing, bt what of people that comes across his hatred and fanatic ideologies, do u knw it will be terrible, is their any difference btw what he is saying and what Nnamdi Kanu is accused of?.
Do u knw that the Second world war started through verbal extremism?.
do u knw that terrorism stems up from extremist ideology, Tolerance and love is the central message of the new testament and every christian must uphold it.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
Buharism:
The damages caused by verbal violence is unlimited, u might say that he is nt killing people or bombing, bt what of people that comes across his hatred and fanatic ideologies, do u knw it will be terrible, is their any difference btw what he is saying and what Nnamdi Kanu is accused of?.
do u knw that terrorism stems up from extremist ideology, Tolerance and love is the central message of the new testament and every christian must uphold it.

The same verbal extremism that brought a bounty of $30million coming from Al Qaeda to ISIS chief.
Let me explain something clearly to you, there is a big difference between verbal harassment and truth. This one he's saying is the bare truth that islam blinds people. If he were to say something contradictory, I will call him to order, I'm well known in politics section, I have been banned several times for verbal insults to people who are stupíd to see things as they are. If he said things that are not viable, oga I go tell am bad word, no time.

Ask yourself, why is it that when the issue of islam and questions are called up, muslims become angry? Ask yourself some in depth questions and compare and contrast, oga truth be told, he just told you what basically any right thinking person would tell you. Even the atheists here (who want to be truthful, would tell you the same)

No vex o. But recent happenings has made us say what we think about islam. Even new born children have thier own to say... about this same islam. check am, isn't something wrong somewhere.

For the love your neighbours as yourself thing, if he doesn't love you, he wouldn't want you to leave a religion of Hate for other religions. Read Surah 5:51 and read this part too. Why would your islam base it's annoyance on Jews and Christians, a religion that came out before islam, there is core Jealousy in islam, and you fail to understand it... think my friend, think well.

2:89 Unbelievers, particularly Jews, are accursed

“When there came to them [Jews] a Book from Allah, confirming what was with them — and they aforetimes prayed for victory over the unbelievers — when there came to them that they recognized, they disbelieved in it; and the curse of Allah is on the unbelievers.

3:110-112 Muslims are the best of people, Jews have earned Allah’s anger

“You are the best nation ever brought forth to men, bidding to honour, and forbidding dishonour, and believing in Allah. Had the People of the Book believed, it were better for them; some of them are believers, but the most of them are ungodly. They will not harm you, except a little hurt; and if they fight with you, they will turn on you their backs; then they will not be helped. Abasement shall be pitched on them, wherever they are come upon, except they be in a bond of Allah, and a bond of the people; they will be laden with the burden of Allah’s anger, and poverty shall be pitched on them; that, because they disbelieved in Allah’s signs, and slew the Prophets without right; that, for that they acted rebelliously and were transgressors.”

Oga, na so?
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Buharism: 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
are u a typist, how many seconds did u type all those?.
try and follow the way he insult and brand other religion is it good?. insulting their leader and holy book, We can convert people to christianity through our character and behaviour, show them the sign and if they dont believe shake off the dust under your foot and leave them to God.
I support christians preaching the Good news to Muslem, but we must do that with a good level of tolerance.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 14, 2016
Buharism:
are u a typist, how many seconds did u type all those?.
try and follow the way he insult and brand other religion is it good?. insulting their leader and holy book, We can convert people to christianity through our character and behaviour, show them the sign and if they dont believe shake off the dust under your foot and leave them to God.
I support christians preaching the Good news to Muslem, but we must do that with a good level of tolerance.

They've killed so many christians. And when you sound it to them, they say it's not Islam. You can even imagine one crazily told me that the killing of Christians in Saudi was done by christians, suppose na life, the kain slap way I plan give am, he no go recover in a hurry, to God.

Why must the blood of Christians be used to cleanse muslim lands? Whats the meaning of that? 3 days ago, did you hear of the 300 people caught in the cement factory, 21 of them were christians, they killed them all. Did you hear of the one in borno state? They roasted a family for preaching gospel in the morning, they beat them to unconsciousness and then lit fire on them like they are criminals. Did you read about the one in Switzerland, they burnt the flag of Switzerland saying Switzerland is not a christian nation, what sort of abnormal and irrational thinking is this? I mean it's bad. Very bad. If they can spread the gospel without killing, who would bother them? I would even convert to muslim too, but see as e be now. You become a muslim, when you read and witness their islamic violence, and you want to leave, they kill you.

Seems you don't know anything about this islam. Maybe when you do, you would see why people like me rake and rant and wail on here, you go even buy form sef.

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by analice107: 11:14am On Apr 14, 2016
Blackfire:
@analice107 u are about to do something 'wrong' soon.

I pray all my friends wont fall this week.
Wow. First, Amen to the prayer. But what could be what am about to do wrong? Pls I can't afford to do any wrong again. I did something wrong which cost me a lot. If not for that mistake, I would have been laughing through this Buhari's austerity.
What could it be pls?

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by teegrams(m): 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Those killing are not Muslims,they are terrorist please try to differentiate
gimakon:

They've killed so many christians. And when you sound it to them, they say it's not Islam. You can even imagine one crazily told me that the killing of Christians in Saudi was done by christians, suppose na life, the kain slap way I plan give am, he no go recover in a hurry, to God.

Why must the blood of Christians be used to cleanse muslim lands? Whats the meaning of that? 3 days ago, did you hear of the 300 people caught in the cement factory, 21 of them were christians, they killed them all. Did you hear of the one in borno state? They roasted a family for preaching gospel in the morning, they beat them to unconsciousness and then lit fire on them like they are criminals. Did you read about the one in Switzerland, they burnt the flag of Switzerland saying Switzerland is not a christian nation, what sort of abnormal and irrational thinking is this? I mean it's bad. Very bad. If they can spread the gospel without killing, who would bother them? I would even convert to muslim too, but see as e be now. You become a muslim, when you read and witness their islamic violence, and you want to leave, they kill you.

Seems you don't know anything about this islam. Maybe when you do, you would see why people like me rake and rant and wail on here, you go even buy form sef.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Blackfire(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
analice107:

Wow. First, Amen to the prayer. But what could be what am about to do wrong? Pls I can't afford to do any wrong again. I did something wrong which cost me a lot. If not for that mistake, I would have been laughing through this Buhari's austerity.
What could it be pls?

just becareful ... Ok just send me your mail let me expanciate .
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
teegrams:

Prove they are terrorists.
So the people who killed that family, wiped them out, beat them and burnt the family in Borno are terrorists too ba?
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Annunaki(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
teegrams:

What's the difference Read my signature tongue
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by analice107: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
Blackfire:

just becareful ... Ok just send me your mail let me expanciate .
The spirit of God is my guide. No amount of carefulness can keep me safe without the Spirit of God going ahead of me.
Thanks for the alert. I have sent you a mail.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Blackfire(m): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
analice107:

The spirit of God is my guide. No amount of carefulness can keep me safe without the Spirit of God going ahead of me.
Thanks for the alert. I have sent you a mail.

don't get me wrong... If i over heard some people planning against my own, is my duty to caution, am not here to scare u o.. I ve enough nightmare to keep me awake through out the night.

Just becareful how u TRUST PEOPLE.
Anyway forget i said anything.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by analice107: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Blackfire:

don't get me wrong... If i over heard some people planning against my own, is my duty to caution, am not here to scare u o.. I ve enough nightmare to keep me awake through out the night.

Just becareful how u TRUST PEOPLE.
Anyway forget i said anything.

No no no, pls don't take it like that. It's okay, I have head and will pray about it.
Trust is something that is in Short supplies these days anyways. May the Holy spirit reveal the hidden snares of the enemy.
Thank you Mr Black.
Mighty love.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Blackfire(m): 6:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
analice107:

No no no, pls don't take it like that. It's okay, I have head and will pray about it.
Trust is something that is in Short supplies these days anyways. May the Holy spirit reveal the hidden snares of the enemy.
Thank you Mr Black.
Mighty love.

u my friend ve done somethings, like 3 heart breaking things to some entities.. What is a sure way of hitting u hard, simple... send a person who look alike, act alike in the same profession of faith , once this person is so close to u, *bam bam * will do something that will shake even the foundation of your faith.
Have a nice day. Selah.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by analice107: 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Blackfire:

u my friend ve done somethings, like 3 heart breaking things to some entities.. What is a sure way of hitting u hard, simple... send a person who look alike, act alike in the same profession of faith , once this person is so close to u, *bam bam * will do something that will shake even the foundation of your faith.
Have a nice day. Selah.

Okay dear. Let the entities bring it on, for many are the devices in a man's heart, nevertheless, the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.

On my behalf, The Lord will frustrate the tokens of liars and make diviners mad.

He will frustrate the devices of the enemy that their hands perform not their Enterprises.

Let whoever Satan will send come. It's not by my power or my might, but my companion the Holy Spirit shall be here to reveal and expose any stooge the enemy shall bring around.

For, though I work through the Valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for His rode and his staff they comfort me.

For i shall say of the Lord, He is my shield and my defender, I shall not be afraid.

For when Satan shall come like a flood, the Lord whose name is Jehovah Sabot, the Lord of Host, the Lord strong, the Lord mighty in battle, shall be my defence.

Sir, when I tell you I don't fear Satan, I mean it. I don't fear Satan. He can't do anything to me except he has first received permission from my master. Jesus didn't die for nothing.
A WAITING TO THE ENTITIES.

Kind enough before anything like that happens, I dream it first. Am waiting.

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Blackfire(m): 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
analice107:

Okay dear. Let the entities bring it on, for many are the devices in a man's heart, nevertheless, the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.

On my behalf, The Lord will frustrate the tokens of liars and make diviners mad.

He will frustrate the devices of the enemy that their hands perform not their Enterprises.

Let whoever Satan will send come. It's not by my power or my might, but my companion the Holy Spirit shall be here to reveal and expose any stooge the enemy shall bring around.

For, though I work through the Valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for His rode and his staff they comfort me.

For i shall say of the Lord, He is my shield and my defender, I shall not be afraid.

For when Satan shall come like a flood, the Lord whose name is Jehovah Sabot, the Lord of Host, the Lord strong, the Lord mighty in battle, shall be my defence.

Sir, when I tell you I don't fear Satan, I mean it. I don't fear Satan. He can't do anything to me except he has first received permission from my master. Jesus didn't die for nothing.
A WAITING TO THE ENTITIES.

Kind enough before anything like that happens, I dream it first. Am waiting.

now that's how u know a contender from a pretender in this battle of life.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by analice107: 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
Blackfire:

now that's how u know a contender from a pretender in this battle of life.

Sir, I am a soldier, and the Bible says in 1Corinthians 9:7a, that no soldier goes to war or any battle on his own expense. My Captain. THE CAPTIAN OF THE LORD'S ARMY, The Lion of the tribe of Judah, he will defend me. Am not in this battle field fighting my battle, it is his battle. So he will never leave me or forsake me, except I get careless and veer disobediently into the trap of the enemy.
Even at that, he promised me in Isaiah 49:24-25 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captives of the just be delivered?

For thus says the Lord: Even the captives of the mighty will be taken away, and the prey of the terrible will be delivered; for I will contend with him who contends with you, and I will give safety to your children and ease them.
Even though I carelessly veer into camp of the enemy, by way of committing a sin, He will still break the ranks and deliver me.

He gave me the assurance never to be afraid of what the enemy can do, becos He can do mightier. And Satan can not go beyond the limit given to him.

Isaiah 41:10-11 Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. Behold, all they who are enraged and inflamed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; they who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish.

Am waiting for them sir.
Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by analice107: 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
Buharism:
What the extremism there? He is only trying to help you. Know what you are into. Ask yourself all the questions posted to by @gimakon, then like he said, come back and talk.
Must Muslims don't even know about their religion, we are helping you know how satanic Muhammed was, if you follow him, you will end where he has ended, in hellfire, with 72 demons for virgins.
Let me ask you this. What if Christians were suicide bombers and petty thieves parading as terrorists? Have you asked yourself if this world would ve contained us all?
Does the golden rule apply only to Christians?
How many people are dead as a result of Nnamdi Kanu's speech. And how many people have been killed over the years every Friday after you salad in the Mosque?
You are enjoying your life, because we decide to follow Jesus and allow you have a feel day, that gives you the impetus to talk tough like only you have monopoly to violence. I hope you know Satan can use any available vessel to perpetrate his evil schemes? It is doing good that's hard, no doing evil. Islam is evil.
Allah is Satan and Muhammed was his Messenger.

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found by Buharism: 10:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
analice107:

What the extremism there? He is only trying to help you. Know what you are into. Ask yourself all the questions posted to by @gimakon, then like he said, come back and talk.
Must Muslims don't even know about their religion, we are helping you know how satanic Muhammed was, if you follow him, you will end where he has ended, in hellfire, with 72 demons for virgins.
Let me ask you this. What if Christians were suicide bombers and petty thieves parading as terrorists? Have you asked yourself if this world would ve contained us all?
You are enjoying your life, because we decide to follow Jesus and allow you have a feel day, that gives you the impetus to talk tough like only you have monopoly to violence. I hope you know Satan can use any available vessel to perpetrate his evil schemes? It is doing good that's hard, no doing evil. Islam is evil.
Allah is Satan and Muhammed was his Messenger.
are you through?.

(1) (Reply)

Fathers Of Faith:bishop David And Pastor Kumuyi Hugs At Day Of Prayer For Nig / What Is A Man? By Mark Twain / MORNING TEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.