Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

How Do You Deal With Depression? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With Depression? (769 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? / Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You / How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Depression? by pinkiberry(m): 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
cry guys I think am getting depressed and I don't know how to deal with it. well the cause is because my school has been on strike for like a month so i have been staying at home and nothing is being done about the strike so I feel like my whole life is at a halt and its getting me depressed.
Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by agarawu23(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
Don't be depressed, come to my house I will make u happy smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by aameyah(f): 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
What then do you want to say about people who schooled in the Era of 2year strikes? Or writing JAMB 4 times? Or writing WAEC 7 times?
Instead of being depressed, use this period you are at home to learn computer or sewing or any other skill you prefer. That way, you'd have gained something positive from the negative....

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by copg22(m): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
I don't think you are depressed...you are just bored!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by Dyt(f): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
copg22:
I don't think you are depressed...you are just bored!
Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by Acidosis(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
Madam, deal with your boredom, you're not depressed.

Don't you have guys you've friendzoned over the years?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by Lilimax(f): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
My dear, better go and learn a trade and better your life while waiting for your school to call off the strike. Needless of dying in depression embarassed
I acquired my sewing skills while I was in 200 level during a long strike of about 8 months in my school.
I never knew it will end of being what it is today.
Despite the fact I'm still working, I'm still passionate about the trade.
Usually sew on weekends and some weekdays if chanced smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by pinkiberry(m): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
Acidosis:
Madam, deal with your boredom, you're not depressed.

Don't you have guys you've friendzoned over the years?
what has this got to do with guys I friend zoned?
Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by gidjah(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
I kinda agree you are partly depressed,long boredom give rises to depression,but you must deal with it,wey. Your boy friend dey sef?it is an insult for a young lady to get depressed while her bf never died!!hahahah.Pls go get a trade to learn,some of us are great Entrepreneurs today despite all d big big certs we acquired in the Uni.I spent over a year at home and on the average of extra 3yrs while in the school way back.School internal strike Assu strike and teachers strikes ....all in 1!!
Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by Acidosis(m): 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
pinkiberry:
what has this got to do with guys I friend zoned?
Just kidding

Anyway, I think there are a million and one ways to spend your time okay..

I encountered the same issue some years back, and I decided to attend a computer training school. I learnt Basic Microsoft Applications, and I learnt how to type fast.

Believe me, whatever you learn today, will make way for you tomorrow. Spend your time wisely, who says students can't work? Who says you're too young to work?

3 months after the strike, I resumed school, and made some money by typing projects, and preparing PowerPoint slides for my colleagues. The money accrued from that venture was saved and invested wisely. You too can consider this option.

It mustn't always be business/trade/money, you could spend your time reading as well. It is not too late to improve your GP.
Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by Acidosis(m): 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Re: How Do You Deal With Depression? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
I would feel angry and not depressed if I were you.

(1) (Reply)

What Was The Biggest Myth You Believe As A Kid? (PIC) / .. / Buy Soup Online In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.