Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? (746 Views)

Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" / Female Soldier Who Passed Through 'hell' To Become An Army Officer Shares Photos / Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by ItuExchange(m): 2:55am On Apr 14, 2016

I Lied About My Age to Get a Government Job. Will I Go to Hell Fire?

Hello readers:

I’m 38 years old. I was married with 4 kids.

I’m a Christian, baptized 25 years ago. Since my conversion, I’ve become a really mature Christian. However, I’ve had more than my fair share of financial problems.

I have an MBA and many years of working experience. I worked at 5 one-man businesses, but my stints were short-lived as results of employers’ antics, harsh business environment, downsizing and credit crunch.

My husband died several years ago while working as a commercial motorcyclist - he had a fatal accident.

Because of my religion and conscience, I refused to sell my body for money. I made several entrepreneurial attempts and failed.

I went to my home town to farm. The first year was successful but the second year was a failure because rain did not start on time, and the crops I planted got burnt before copious rain started.

I went through countless fasting and prayers, vigils, revivals, etc. but there were no changes.

My children called me” Mummy! Mummy!” I often cried because I knew I couldn’t provide adequately for them in this hostile world.

Not too long ago, the Federal government announced some vacant positions under a ministry and a high-ranking government official, who also happens to be a member of my church, told me about it. After going through my CV and credentials, he confirmed that I qualified for the job, but the minimum age allowed was 30 years.

I was 38 years.

The only thing standing in my way, according to that official, was my age barrier. He said he would do everything to help me secure the job, but the only problem was my age.

I went to a high court to swear an affidavit, stating that my age was 30. This was a blatant lie.

I had to do it, since I couldn’t contribute funds in my church and my children were suffering. I got that job and the salary is good. You know government job – allowances and retirement plans.

But as a Christian, my Bible-trained conscience is tormenting me, telling me that I lied about my age to get a job and that could make me lose heaven.

This is not a momentary sin: the benefit of this age falsification would last many years. But what could I have done? My children are now going to good schools and I’m taking good care of them. I can also now contribute money in my church. I now have some savings.

Why would the government and corporate bodies set age limits for candidates?

Is it a crime for educated people to grow older? Is it a curse to grow older?

Did I do wrong to lie about my age to get a job?

Would I go to hell fire?

I’m highly disturbed.

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by wordbank(m): 2:58am On Apr 14, 2016
No worry me abeg na morning b ds
If u like pass hell when u reach dia

Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:02am On Apr 14, 2016
you would have gone to helfire if you could not take care of your children wink

Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by gidimasters(m): 3:23am On Apr 14, 2016
Let me call God and ask
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Whoever wrote the story is surely going to hell! Not for lying but for believing hell is real in the first place.

Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:40am On Apr 14, 2016
Sure
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by akunjohn(m): 4:10am On Apr 14, 2016
which hell again?,u are already in one

no work,no lite,no water,no fuel and u get means to survive with ya children u still dey ask if u dey go hell.

start d work fest and change ur family problem befor u go dey ask wia u go go later or leave d job and go dey slip for church mayb ur pastor go help ur situation .
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by Akshow: 4:17am On Apr 14, 2016
So people really believe in this hell myth. Interesting. Abeg who get small fuel make I put for my I better pass my neighbor Gen Heat wey pass hell wan kill me for here
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by ellapius(f): 4:38am On Apr 14, 2016
hell is real oo
and there. is no wifi
no 4Glte
no twitter
no facebook
infact niaja hardship is jes in primary stage compare to hell fire.
Dear op just find a wah to walk around this issue ok meet ur pastor or someone that can advice u on what best to do.
but i believe if u comeout or confess to someon thru letyer or sometin it could help.just lwt someon,in the government no
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 14, 2016
Not whether you will go, hell fire is your humble abode..
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by ShutdownBrown24(m): 6:03am On Apr 14, 2016
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by mikedimeji(m): 6:15am On Apr 14, 2016
Lie is lie. Do the needful, Hell is meant for those who will not repent. So plead for forgiveness, do the needful and move.
There's no difference between u and a brethren that lies on phone. Some will deliberately not pick ur calls later they will tell u oh sorry I was not with the phone isn't that a lie too.
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by mikedimeji(m): 6:17am On Apr 14, 2016
Royal155:
Not whether you will go, hell fire is your humble abode..
Na so people dey go hell fire?
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by boss1310(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2016
even the permanent secretary of your ministry forged her certificate including other discrepancies you see in the ministry.so tell the truth,face poverty and go to heaven or hide it and keep taking care of the family as God wants you to,if you get to hell ask abacha where I can get his remaining loot then text me the details.thank you
Re: I Lied About My Age To Get A Government Job. Will I Go To Hell Fire? by nepapole(m): 6:32am On Apr 14, 2016
Maybe...

Who Else Wants to Make Money Online (Info-product Marketing) / UNICAL First Professor Of Nursing Delivers Her Inaugural Lecture. / Thinking Of Travelling To Canada...