Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines (579 Views)

USA: $3 Million Seized By San Diego Border Patrol / Asian Donald Trump Elected President Of Phillipines / Asian Donald Trump Elected President Of Phillipines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines by ValerianSteel(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2016

The United States Navy is conducting joint patrols with the Philippines in the South China Sea, US officials say. The US rarely conducts joint patrols with its partners in the region.

Defence Secretary Ash Carter said the US would also increase rotations of its forces and military support in the Philippines.

Tensions have escalated in the South China Sea in recent years, with China steadily expanding its military presence in the region. The joint naval patrols, which began last month, "contribute to the safety and security of the region's waters," Mr Carter told reporters after a meeting with Philippines President Benigno Aquino.

US troops and combat aircraft are currently participating in joint combat exercises with Philippines forces.

The announcement comes just days after a Philippine diplomat asked the US to help persuade China not to build on a South China Sea shoal important to Filipino fishermen.

The US has expanded its support for allies in the South Pacific in recent months, following China's military build up - which includes construction of islands with airstrips. China, which claims a wide swathe of the sea, has been reclaiming land around reefs.

The US and other countries have called for the halt of such activities, accusing it of militarisation, but China has insisted that the construction is for civilian purposes.

Last week, US military officials announced they would send $40m (£28m) in military assistance to the Philippines to increase intelligence sharing, surveillance and naval patrols.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36043828
Re: US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Y is Amerika bent on destabilizing the whole world?

China wasn't interested in building airstrips in the South-China Sea until Amerika started pushing, pressuring & bribed the Philippinian government to launch a propaganda campaign called “freedom of navigation.” in the South-China Sea.

What would be Amerika's reaction if Russian, Chinese, Iranian & North Korean warships start patrolling the coast of California?

China is not even the first country to build an airstrip on the Spratlys Island; with the exception of Brunei, it's the last of the claimant states to do so. Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, and even the Philippines all have airstrips on the Spratlys Island; so Y the parallel campaign against China by Amerika?

Is it because China is building more capacity than anyone else? The end of America will be likened to the end of Sodom & Gomorrah.

Vladimirovich Mohammadu Bin Putin; Arise and let thy Nuclear kingdom descend against Amerika from the tabernacle of Moskow. grin

2 Likes

Re: US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines by ValerianSteel(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
Zoharariel:
Y is Amerika bent on destabilizing the whole world?

China wasn't interested in building airstrips in the South-China Sea until Amerika started pushing, pressuring & bribed the Philippinian government to launch a propaganda campaign called “freedom of navigation.” in the South-China Sea.

What would be Amerika's reaction if Russian, Chinese, Iranian & North Korean warships start patrolling the coast of California?

China is not even the first country to build an airstrip on the Spratlys Island; with the exception of Brunei, it's the last of the claimant states to do so. Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, and even the Philippines all have airstrips on the Spratlys Island; so Y the parallel campaign against China by Amerika?

Is it because China is building more capacity than anyone else? The end of America will be likened to the end of Sodom & Gomorrah.

Vladimirovich Mohammadu Bin Putin; Arise and let thy Nuclear kingdom descend against Amerika from the tabernacle of Moskow. grin
Proof of this please.
Re: US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Spratly island is owned by my country, Philippines ..how this China juz wanna go down to the south China sea to claim that they own these islands and bring high powered guns, their militaries, guarded both water and air to protect that islands and shoot to kill all those fishermen who are juz passing by the island? angry

We always asked help from our neighboring countries to help us protect it against China but all failed...we left nothing but ask help to our sister country which is America..and this is our only hope so we can win this endless war.

1 Like

Re: US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Proof of this please.

And If I do, do you promise to give up the Amerika's ass-licking & to pay me €12,000 - with which I'd embark on a journey to Mariana Island in Guam to deliver, through the aid of my lamba, a 5ml-drop of celestially modified spermatozoa into the baby manufacturing chamber of Miss89 which will, after 9months, result in the delivery of 2 bouncing baby Generals - namely Kain & Abel. grin

Ofcourse! You must also guarantee that missy89 accedes to my demand & succumb completely to my acrobatic sessions of rompy-pompy without any resistance. Deal? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines by ValerianSteel(m): 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Zoharariel:

And If I do, do you promise to give up the Amerika's ass-licking & to pay me €12,000 - with which I'd embark on a journey to Mariana Island in Guam to deliver, through the aid of my lamba, a 5ml-drop of celestially modified spermatozoa into the baby manufacturing chamber of Miss89 which will, after 9months, result in the delivery of 2 bouncing baby Generals - namely Kain & Abel. grin

Ofcourse! You must also guarantee that missy89 accedes to my demand & succumb completely to my acrobatic sessions of rompy-pompy without any resistance. Deal? grin
This gave me a good laugh grin grin grin grin You are quite hilarious.

C'mon be serious undecided
Re: US Reveals Joint Naval Patrol With Phillipines by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
ValerianSteel:

C'mon be serious undecided

Walahi Talahi - I am as serious as the 26 Russian cruise-missiles launched from the caspian sea into Syria - turning the ISIS armoury & CIA operational command into rubbles in seconds grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Now Britain Faces ‘coloured Revolution’ As Soros Moves To Stop Brexit / PHOTO: David Cameron Is Fantastically Humble Assisting To Move Out His Propertie / The Century Twin: Presidential Déjà Vu Of Lincoln And JFK(more discovered)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.