Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' (1709 Views)

When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family / Egyptian Court Sentences Christian Family To 15 Years For Converting From Islam / Christian Family Ambushed In Nigeria By Muslim Radicals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JeSoul(f): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2009
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536238,00.html?test=latestnews

Paramilitary troops patrolled the streets of a town in eastern Pakistan yesterday after Muslim radicals burned to death eight members of a Christian family, raising fears of violence spreading to other areas. Hundreds of armed supporters of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, an outlawed Islamic militant group, burned dozens of Christian homes in Gojra over the weekend after allegations that a copy of the Koran had been defiled.

The mob opened fire indiscriminately, threw gas bombs and looted houses as thousands of frightened Christians ran for safety. “They were shouting anti-Christian slogans and attacked our houses,” Rafiq Masih, a resident of the predominantly Christian colony, said. Residents said that police stood aside while the mob went on the rampage. “We kept begging for protection, but police did not take action,” Masih said.

Police and local officials said that at least eight people, including four women and a child, were killed in the fires. Two others died of gunshot wounds. Residents said that the casualties were much higher; one claimed that the number of dead could be in the dozens as many bodies were still buried under the rubble. Shahbaz Bhatti, the Minister for Minorities, said that 40 Christian homes were torched in rioting. He said there was no truth to allegations that a Koran had been defiled, and accused the police of ignoring his appeal to provide protection to Christians.

Tension started mounting last week after Muslims accused three Christian youths of burning a copy of the Koran. They denied the allegations, but clerics called for their death. On Saturday, hundreds of supporters of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, an outlawed Sunni sectarian group, poured into the town from surrounding districts. The group is believed to have close links with Al Qaeda and has been involved in several terrorist attacks targeting security forces in recent years. Television footage showed armed men running through the streets, gunfire, and women and children wailing. Blackened furniture lay outside burning homes, while a group of people rushed a man suffering from burns on a cart through the streets. Rehman Malik, the Interior Minister, said that the paramilitary troops were sent after police and the local administration failed to control the situation. Security forces were also placed on high alert to prevent violence from spreading to other towns of Punjab.

I was just wondering where all the outrage is from the educated muslims who constantly maintain that islam is a religion of peace.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by No2Atheism(m): 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2009
its rather unfortunate , cry cry cry and am really pissed. How do people who kill get to sleep at night.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Tudor6(f): 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2009
No2Atheism:

its rather unfortunate ,  cry cry cry  and am really pissed. How do people who kill get to sleep at night.
The same way Moses, Joshua, Gideon and co. slept like babies after committing genocide. . .
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Tudor6(f): 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2009
No2Atheism:

its rather unfortunate ,  cry cry cry  and am really pissed. How do people who kill get to sleep at night.
The same way Moses, Joshua, Gideon and co. slept like babies after committing genocide. . .
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JIL(m): 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudór:

@TUDOR,

When will you stop recying the same old story just to increase your post count. Its getting boring. Anytime I see your name on a thread, I could guess exactly what you want to say. If you don't have anything new to say, shut the fu*k up.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:13pm On Aug 03, 2009
JIL:

@TUDOR,

When will you stop recying the same old story just to increase your post count. Its getting boring. Anytime I see your name on a thread, I could guess exactly what you want to say. If you don't have anything new to say, shut the fu*k up.
Wow what he said must have stung you! Well I am outraged about this religious madness.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2009
JeSoul:

I was just wondering where all the outrage is from the educated muslims who constantly maintain that islam is a religion of peace.
Awwww thats not fair na, its like saying why do Christians say christianity does not extort,
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Tudor6(f): 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2009
JIL:

@TUDOR,

I guess somewhere in your full-of-shite bible it says; Behold if you keep repeating the truth it turns into a lie, not so?
Did moses and co not comit genocide,are you denying it?

Besides christians for thousands of years have been quoting the SAME scriptures, so mr HYPOCRITE tell me what's NEW in what christians like YOU blabber today?
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JeSoul(f): 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Awwww thats not fair na, its like saying why do Christians say christianity does not extort,
  Not quite. The loudest voices against the 'pentecostal movement' of churches here on NL are christians, remember that catholic thread with the raped girl? it was all christians critisizing the church, the jets, lavish lifestyles etc christians here make no secret of their disdain and disgust for these rascals called pastors.

But I am yet to see 1 muslim here on NL, or their cleric leaders around the world condemn the actions of their brethren. They simply remain behind their koran throwing out the obviously false assertion that "islam is a religion of peace" when all evidence points to the exact opposite.

One can only conclude from their deafening slience that they either conscoiusly or subconsciously support the violence.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JeSoul(f): 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudor,
I wonder how you do it. Every post I have ever read from you is drenched with hate, insults and vile language. Even if you so dislike religion and christianity, I wish sometimes you would find a better, more civil way of expressing it.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Tudor6(f): 12:04am On Aug 04, 2009
JeSoul:

Tudor,
    I wonder how you do it. Every post I have ever read from you is drenched with[b] hate,[/b] insults and vile language. Even if you so dislike religion and christianity, I wish sometimes you would find a better, more civil way of expressing it.
Are you kidding me?
Taka a cue. . .your spirit filled brother told me to shut the fu*k up yet i don't see you raising issues with him. . . .talk about hypocrisy!

I might use vile language, bo ho hoo, so do your xtian brothers on this forum but to accuse me of HATE is way off the mark.
Show me where exactly i spread hate or is hate the latest euphemism for talking about atrocities in the bible?
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Krayola2(m): 12:16am On Aug 04, 2009
@ Topic. Really sad. The world could use more classrooms and less religion.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JeSoul(f): 12:28am On Aug 04, 2009
Tudór:

Are you kidding me?
Taka a cue. . .your spirit filled brother told me to shut the fu*k up yet i don't see you raising issues with him. . . .talk about hypocrisy!

I might use vile language, bo ho hoo, so do your xtian brothers on this forum but to accuse me of HATE is way off the mark.
Show me where exactly i spread hate or is hate the latest euphemism for talking about atrocities in the bible?

Okay you're right. I should've expressed displeasure with my "christian brother's" unfortunate choice of words as well. But pointing at the faults of others does not excuse or diminish yours. I'm not trying to assume some moral high ground, not at all. I just thot you might like to know how you come across, but if you don't care to then by all means please ignore this post.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JeSoul(f): 12:31am On Aug 04, 2009
Krayola,
    you don finish with exams and all the other drama? hope they went well and na A+++ you took home, anything less is unbecoming of a seasoned atheist such as yourself cheesy Plus there is a certain topic buried in the black hole of page 3 or so dying to be ressurected  cool
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by MadMax1(f): 12:54am On Aug 04, 2009
Bet some Northern muslims are booking holidays to this paradise. Home away from home.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by mamag3: 1:00am On Aug 04, 2009
Islam is really a tortured religion.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Tudor6(f): 1:06am On Aug 04, 2009
JeSoul:

Okay you're right. I should've expressed displeasure with my "christian brother's" unfortunate choice of words as well. But pointing at the faults of others does not excuse or diminish yours.
I'm not trying to assume some moral high ground, not at all. I just thot you might like to know how you come across, but if you don't care to then by all means please ignore this post.

Personally i don't think i'm doing any wrong. . .perhaps you feel this way maybe coz i say things that you and your kind consider blasphemous and should never be uttered by man against god, you considered that?

I speak no different than the bible which calls atheists fools, compares unbelievers to beasts,harlots, chaff and what not, swears and curses woe on sinners aka atheists, generational spells and insults on our descendants and so many other profanities. . . .so tell me Jesoul who is gonna query the bible about it's "unfortunate use of words"?
Are you not supposed to express displeasure at god too?
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JeSoul(f): 1:21am On Aug 04, 2009
Tudór:

Personally i don't think i'm doing any wrong. . .perhaps you feel this way maybe coz i say things that you and your kind consider blasphemous and should never be uttered by man against god, you considered that?

I speak no different than the bible which calls atheists fools, compares unbelievers to beasts,harlots, chaff and what not, swears and curses woe on sinners aka atheists, generational spells and insults on our descendants and so many other profanities. . . .so tell me Jesoul who is gonna query the bible about it's "unfortunate use of words"?
Are you not supposed to express displeasure at god too?

I have. There are many other atheists here on NL expressing their aversion for all things religion, its just that your adopted method of expression is largely acidic and overly bitter in nature. I don't know where you're coming from in your experience with religion, but your approach leads me to think it wasn't a very positive one.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by bawomolo(m): 2:44am On Aug 04, 2009
Krayola2:

@ Topic. Really sad. The world could use more classrooms and less religion.

religious institutions have classrooms too.

what matters is what's being taught in that classroom isn't extremism.

But I am yet to see 1 muslim here on NL, or their cleric leaders around the world condemn the actions of their brethren. They simply remain behind their koran throwing out the obviously false assertion that "islam is a religion of peace" when all evidence points to the exact opposite.

a few have condemned it but there's not much they can do about it.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by sosisi(f): 2:56am On Aug 04, 2009
The religion of piss and pieces at it again
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by sosisi(f): 2:59am On Aug 04, 2009
Shahbaz Bhatti, the Minister for Minorities, said that 40 Christian homes were torched in rioting. He said there was no truth to allegations that a Koran had been defiled, and accused the police of ignoring his appeal to provide protection to Christians.

Tension started mounting last week after Muslims accused three Christian youths of burning a copy of the Koran. They denied the allegations, but clerics called for their death. On Saturday, hundreds of supporters of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, an outlawed Sunni sectarian group, poured into the town from surrounding districts. The group is believed to have close links with Al Qaeda and has been involved in several terrorist attacks targeting security forces in recent years.

Satanic warriors
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by bawomolo(m): 3:02am On Aug 04, 2009
the abrahamaic religions have done their share of madness.

why is Islam being picked on? is it because its their turn to run mad?
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Tudor6(f): 3:23am On Aug 04, 2009
JeSoul:

I have. There are many other atheists here on NL expressing their aversion for all things religion, its just that your adopted method of expression is largely acidic and overly bitter in nature. I don't know where you're coming from in your experience with religion, but your approach leads me to think[b] it wasn't a very positive one.[/b]

Sure it wasn't positive. . .if it were all rosy and nostalgic i wouldn't be an atheist now, would i?
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by dayokanu(m): 8:28am On Aug 04, 2009
What people do in the name of religion sha.

All in all I cant conclude whether religion brought good or evil to the world.

Where are those in authority to condemn this act or punish the offenders
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by jagunlabi(m): 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
I think islam is also part of the abrahamic family,albeit the youngest one,since they all trace their roots back to Abraham.It is a cursed and cancerous family,in my very humble opinion.Mankind will be better off without it.
bawomolo:

the abrahamaic religions have done their share of madness.

why is Islam being picked on? is it because its their turn to run mad?
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2009
but where are the muslims? shocked
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by tkb417(m): 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2009
den don kill again?
it was some northern states some weeks back, now its pakistan shocked shocked

na wa o
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by JeSoul(f): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2009
bawomolo:

a few have condemned it but there's not much they can do about it.

Where? Has one single cleric or Mullah publicly come forward denouncing the murders? They obviously approve of the killings of the jews and infidels.

Infact sef it was a cleric who called for their murder:
JeSoul:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536238,00.html?test=latestnews

Tension started mounting last week after Muslims accused three Christian youths of burning a copy of the Koran. They denied the allegations, but clerics called for their death. On Saturday, hundreds of supporters of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, an outlawed Sunni sectarian group, poured into the town from surrounding districts.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by banom(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2009
I think the world was cursed with religion.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Nezan(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2009
islam and violence,,,,,,,,,when will the mindless killings stop?
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by Jairzinho(m): 12:03am On Aug 05, 2009
I have a contrary view,haven lived with Muslims for a while now.

The fact is Islam is going through a phase the Christian faith probably went through during the dark ages. . . .please review how scientists were killed back then and the word BLASPHEMY had another meaning.

Its also interesting to note that the Slave trade & aparthied were at the time resolutely defended with quotes from the Bible.

The problem is that the moderate muslims are also being careful not to be too vocal,because they can be easily targeted,the violent islamist reserve the worst kind of violence for their own kind,so that is why they try to do their 'house cleaning' internally. they and everyone knows there's a problem,but its difficult to come out with it.

In addition ,we must realise that a lot of the 'killings' have political connotations.

This is not to excuse such malicious and abhorrent acts however.
Re: Christian Family Burned To Death After Koran Is Allegedly 'defiled' by bawomolo(m): 1:16am On Aug 05, 2009
jagunlabi:

I think islam is also part of the abrahamic family,albeit the youngest one,since they all trace their roots back to Abraham.It is a cursed and cancerous family,in my very humble opinion.Mankind will be better off without it.

these religions all go through these violent phases. The sikh's had some point even had a millitary guard.  It's islam's turn to run mad sadly during out era.

Education is the key here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nudity In The House Of God, I Can’t Believe This / Ogaga4luv Declared Wanted! / Need A Free Jar Cellbook Mobile Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.