Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,264 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

In His Heart - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In His Heart (1240 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In His Heart by Elmeerah: 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
So I started writing this story in school and i thought i should share it with my fellow nairalanders, please your comments would be appreciated weda good or bad. cc KingJB

I stood by the road waiting for James to come, he has kept me waiting for over thirty minutes. I was really angry because I was not even supposed to report to office today but my boss called me as early as 6 am asking me to come in, on getting to the office my boss was not on seat so I had to wait for him. He arrived forty five minutes later and could not even apologize for keeping me waiting, he just went straight to the point by telling me to go and interview the famous movie producer, Evelyn Gold. I could not believe my ears when he told me, I tried telling him that interviewing a movie producer was not related to investigative journalism but he just looked at me like I was crazy and told me I should be at Evelyn’s house before eleven am. I left his office and called James immediately someone that famous deserved three to four pages in our magazine, James told me to meet him up somewhere in Asokoro so he could pick me up, and thirty minutes later he was nowhere in sight. I tried calling his number again maybe he would pick up this time around.
“Hey, Zarah.” He said as soon as he picked the call
“Where are you James?” I could feel my ears burning up like they do when I get angry. “Do you know how long I have been waiting for you here!” I practically yelled at my phone.

“I’m really sorry love , honestly it’s not my fault, I just say make I pick this my…”

“Save your explanations for the boss because you are going to need it by the time we miss this interview.” I said before he even finished his sentence.

“Zarah you get angry easily jare, I said I’ll be there now.” I could hear him smiling and for some reason it annoyed me the more that I ended the call without even saying bye. I was thinking of what to do when a big bus swerved dangerously to where I was standing and I had to jump back to avoid being hit.

“Aunty you wan die abi, you no go comot for road before car jam you stay there dey do fine girl for there.” The rude bus conductor shouted at me, I could hear the passengers of the bus laughing at me. I decided to leave that area as embarrassment washed over me. My phone started ringing I checked to see who was calling, it was my boss.
“ Hello, sir.”
“Yes Zarah I just got a call from Miss Evelyn’s personal assistant and she said you have not gotten to her house yet. Why if I may ask?”

“I’m sorry sir, I am waiting for the photographer.”

“You are really incompetent , this is a big shot movie producer and you are telling me nonsense on phone. Do you think the Evelyn is going to wait for you?” I was imagining myself in the presence of my boss right now looking at the veins popping out of his neck as he yelled at me.

“But sir it’s not as if I’m late or anything.” I was already losing the little patience I had left “After all the Madam Evelyn has been disappointing us, she should be able to forgive us to if we don’t make it in time.” I snapped back.

“Zarah! You had better not carry that attitude to Evelyn’s presence, if we miss this interview because of you consider yourself fired.” He disconnected the line.
At that point I was so irritated and angry, this idiot boss of mine didn’t know how much I hated this job, always listening to all this showbiz people gosh about their fake lives while I listened attentively so I could spin a very interesting story later on. I was sick of it! My mother is the reason I still have this job because of her relationship with the owner of the magazine so my direct boss can only threaten me but he cannot fire me.
“Yes hello?” I answered my phone immediately it started ringing “James, I hope you are happy with yourself?”
James was laughing his head off “Babe I’m so sorry, you wont believe who I met on the way.”
“I don’t want to know, where are you right now?”
“See ehn that’s what I called you about sef, just head over to Maitama I’ll meet you there.”

I was so angry I knew James was going to do this to me, I was seeing red, I dd not even disconnect the call before I kept marching on. I did not even bother to take a taxi I need to walk so I blow excess steam. I notice people staring at me but I just kept walking until I heard a deep voice.
“Hey Maltina bottle, so for your mind now you chop liver abi?”
I turned around to see the fool that wanted to add salt to my injury, when I saw a tall, well build man in an army camouflage walking or should I say marching towards me, at that point I looked around and discovered I had walked straight into an army check point and in my mind I just knew that I was finished and my day just got worse.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In His Heart by donbenedict(m): 10:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
cool

Story looks too serious
Re: In His Heart by Aliyeous(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
grab my zobo n kuli kuli n find space near layla129
Re: In His Heart by Ashiat39(f): 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
Following...
Re: In His Heart by joanee20(f): 4:15am On Apr 18, 2016
following
Re: In His Heart by Elmeerah: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
hi guys, sorry for the late update.I had to edit some parts of the story. do comment and correct me if you see any mistakes. thank you.
Re: In His Heart by Elmeerah: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
I was trying to think of the best way to handle the situation, if I smile, the soldier would think I was a fool and if I act tough, this man was so going to deal with me. I decided to act cool and calm “good morning soldier Ayo” I flashed him my well practiced smile that I developed for irritating socialites “I’m so sorry, I was a bit distracted. It was nice meeting you.”

The look on the soldier’s face could burn my skin right off, he looked like he was going to rip me apart, he balance his rifle on his shoulder and moved really close till I could feel his breath on my face “come maltina bottle, e be like say something hit you for head this morning ohhh.”

“Excuse me? First of all why are you calling me a maltina bottle? Secondly why would you think I was hit on the head by anything and lastly why are you so close to me do you think you would intimate me with your look and closeness?”

The soldier took a step back with a confused expression “Na me you dey speak all that English for? Don’t worry after I don make you do frog jump dis morning you go drop all that phoney wey you dey yarn dere.”

“Soldier Ayo, I have absolutely no idea why you are being so hostile to me, I have been nothing but nice and polite to you, yet you keep talking to me like you have personal issues with me.”

“How do you know my name?” he asked as he shifted his gun to intimidate me the more.

“It’s there on your name tag!” I cried, I was so frustrated and this soldier was wasting my time I was going to miss the interview.

“Go stand for there, you dey block road for here.”

“I don’t see anybody that wants to pass, so why should I go and stand over there when you can just let me be on my way?”

“Don’t you know that you be suspected terrorist? How you go get mind come waka for this place if to say you no carry bomb?” he asked liked I was stupid since I was not able to figure that out since.

“Bomb! Do you think if I actually had a bomb on me, you would still be alive? Honestly with the way you have been running your mouth here I would have just blown you up.” I was nearly shouting now.

Soldier Ayo opened his eyes and mouth like I had said an abominable thing “What! You dare threaten a soldier of the Nigerian Army? You have just landed yourself in soup.”

“Look here I would not have you treat me this way, I can see that you are just bored and looking for a bit of fun, you’ve had your fun now so please just let me go or you won’t like what I would do.” I bluffed
“You no dey fear, you are still threatening me in my very own territory?” he looked at me like he was expecting me to actually answer that question, well I just about had it with his silly games so I was not going to answer him. “ Maltina bottle I dey talk to you, if you no answer me I go make you knee down for here.”

“What is going on here?” a different voice with a polished accent asked from behind me, I turned around and was relieved to see another soldier, a very handsome looking man if I must say.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In His Heart by PoundspassDolla(m): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]let me get down stairs
Elmeerah:
So I started writing this story in school and i thought i should share it with my fellow nairalanders, please your comments would be appreciated weda good or bad. cc KingJB

I stood by the road waiting for James to come, he has kept me waiting for over thirty minutes. I was really angry because I was not even supposed to report to office today but my boss called me as early as 6 am asking me to come in, on getting to the office my boss was not on seat so I had to wait for him. He arrived forty five minutes later and could not even apologize for keeping me waiting, he just went straight to the point by telling me to go and interview the famous movie producer, Evelyn Gold. I could not believe my ears when he told me, I tried telling him that interviewing a movie producer was not related to investigative journalism but he just looked at me like I was crazy and told me I should be at Evelyn’s house before eleven am. I left his office and called James immediately someone that famous deserved three to four pages in our magazine, James told me to meet him up somewhere in Asokoro so he could pick me up, and thirty minutes later he was nowhere in sight. I tried calling his number again maybe he would pick up this time around.
“Hey, Zarah.” He said as soon as he picked the call
“Where are you James?” I could feel my ears burning up like they do when I get angry. “Do you know how long I have been waiting for you here!” I practically yelled at my phone.

“I’m really sorry love , honestly it’s not my fault, I just say make I pick this my…”

“Save your explanations for the boss because you are going to need it by the time we miss this interview.” I said before he even finished his sentence.

“Zarah you get angry easily jare, I said I’ll be there now.” I could hear him smiling and for some reason it annoyed me the more that I ended the call without even saying bye. I was thinking of what to do when a big bus swerved dangerously to where I was standing and I had to jump back to avoid being hit.

“Aunty you wan die abi, you no go comot for road before car jam you stay there dey do fine girl for there.” The rude bus conductor shouted at me, I could hear the passengers of the bus laughing at me. I decided to leave that area as embarrassment washed over me. My phone started ringing I checked to see who was calling, it was my boss.
“ Hello, sir.”
“Yes Zarah I just got a call from Miss Evelyn’s personal assistant and she said you have not gotten to her house yet. Why if I may ask?”

“I’m sorry sir, I am waiting for the photographer.”

“You are really incompetent , this is a big shot movie producer and you are telling me nonsense on phone. Do you think the Evelyn is going to wait for you?” I was imagining myself in the presence of my boss right now looking at the veins popping out of his neck as he yelled at me.

“But sir it’s not as if I’m late or anything.” I was already losing the little patience I had left “After all the Madam Evelyn has been disappointing us, she should be able to forgive us to if we don’t make it in time.” I snapped back.

“Zarah! You had better not carry that attitude to Evelyn’s presence, if we miss this interview because of you consider yourself fired.” He disconnected the line.
At that point I was so irritated and angry, this idiot boss of mine didn’t know how much I hated this job, always listening to all this showbiz people gosh about their fake lives while I listened attentively so I could spin a very interesting story later on. I was sick of it! My mother is the reason I still have this job because of her relationship with the owner of the magazine so my direct boss can only threaten me but he cannot fire me.
“Yes hello?” I answered my phone immediately it started ringing “James, I hope you are happy with yourself?”
James was laughing his head off “Babe I’m so sorry, you wont believe who I met on the way.”
“I don’t want to know, where are you right now?”
“See ehn that’s what I called you about sef, just head over to Maitama I’ll meet you there.”

I was so angry I knew James was going to do this to me, I was seeing red, I dd not even disconnect the call before I kept marching on. I did not even bother to take a taxi I need to walk so I blow excess steam. I notice people staring at me but I just kept walking until I heard a deep voice.
“Hey Maltina bottle, so for your mind now you chop liver abi?”
I turned around to see the fool that wanted to add salt to my injury, when I saw a tall, well build man in an army camouflage walking or should I say marching towards me, at that point I looked around and discovered I had walked straight into an army check point and in my mind I just knew that I was finished and my day just got worse.

Re: In His Heart by Fijumokesayo(f): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2016
Nice story, please continue.
Re: In His Heart by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hmmmm, good flow and nice elmeerah

Don't make it just one event, and add a bit suspense to your conclusions... My 2 kobo

#following
Re: In His Heart by Elmeerah: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2016
“Morning sir!” Ayo saluted him.
“Yes Ayo, what is going on here and who is this woman? How many times have I told you to leave your personal issues in your house, how many of these hawkers would you chase sef?”
I could not believe my ears, did this man just refer to man as a hawker, fine this floral skirt I was wearing was really not flattering at all and I didn’t have enough time to make my face and tie my hair properly so I just draped the scarf on my head, but I didn’t look like a hawker and I was going to tell this fool that. “Excuse me….”
He turned his attention to me and raised his palm up motioning me to shut up “I know Ayo has not paid you, but this is a check point. You cannot just come here when you feel like and distract him from his official business. Just go back to where you both meet and Ayo would see you when he is officially off duty.” He said waving his hands like I was a fly pestering him.
I placed my hand and my hip and balanced my bag on my right shoulder “look here whoever you think you are, this ugly uniform does not give you the right to talk to people anyhow you please okay. Learn to show some respect, even if I was hawking is that why you would look down on me?” I was almost in tears now “and for your information I am not a street hawker, I am a writer!”
The man just looked at me like I was a child throwing a tantrum while Ayo dragged my bag “Maltina bottle, you dey run your mouth anyhow on top my oga head abi?” I cried out in pain as the metal hook on d strap of my bag dug into my shoulder. I really don’t know what came over me but I removed my bag from my shoulder and started hitting soldier Ayo with it. I kept hitting him blindly till I swung the bag again and it refused to move.
“You go sleep for guardroom today!” Ayo said amidst laughter
“Leave her alone, I think you’ve had your fun with her.” The handsome soldier said. “Why did you stop her in the first place?”
“Sir she is a suspect she just marched through this place as if it’s her father that owns the place, I stopped her to ask her what she was doing and she said she would blow me up.”
So Ayo was a coward, see how he manipulated the whole story, well I was about to let the idiot go away with that lie “You lying coward, why don’t you tell your boss you were bored and you wanted to have fun?”
“Even if I want to have fun, dem tell you say na short bottle like you I go catch fun with?”
“I am not short! I am tall for a woman.”
“Enough!” Ayo’s boss shut the both of us up “Ayo is that what you were sent here to do? And you madam writer why would you threaten a soldier , and I am standing here and you are still arguing with him.”
“You are meant to be scolding your boy not me.” I shot back.
“just carry your trouble and go. The next time I see you here it’s not going to be funny.”
I wanted to reply but his handsome faced was really scary, like if I should say another word he would grab Ayo’s rifle and shot me in the head. So I just arranged my clothes and yanked my bag from his grip and hurried away with my head in the air until I met myself on the floor. I was not looking at the ground so I didn’t see the log that was directly in my path, as soon as my left foot got caught in it I was totally throw off balance with nothing to break my fall. Ayo immediately started laughing his head off, and he drew the attention of people around and they all started laughing too. I just kept lying on the floor until I felt strong hands on my waist.
Re: In His Heart by CuteChiluv: 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
Following, more update plssss
Re: In His Heart by RayAngel(f): 8:59pm On May 02, 2016
U got me laughing

(1) (Reply)

Waiting For ' Up Nepa' and other short stories / Hot Book On Shares: You Don't Have To Be Rich To Invest In Shares And Make Money / Pax Nigeriana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.