Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng (3546 Views)

Please Beware Of Hosting Your Website With Smartweb (smartweb.com.ng)!! / My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria / My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
My fellow Nairalanders'... Please who among you guys is hosting there web on this motherfucker good for nothing web host (Smartweb)??

Honestly speaking, this host is nothing but oversellers , there service is not something to write home about.

I 1st hosted my phpbb forum with this host, my forum wont be active for more than 30min, it will automatically shot down, by then, i thought is from phpbb, after all i have done to resolve the issue with hope its from phpbb software no avail..

OK, I decided to switch to SMF, the problem still persist, my site usually goes offline for up to 45 mins, it sually displays....

Connection Problems, Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Please whoever that is using this host, bear it in mind that very soon your website won't be yours again.. Cos it has been clarify that they are nothing but oversellers

I'm really regretting why I hosted my site with them..

Please can someone suggest an affordable and reliable web host to switch to
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by yomalex(m): 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Dhilariousdandy:
My fellow Nairalanders'... Please who among you guys is hosting there web on this motherfucker good for nothing web host (Smartweb)??
Honestly speaking, this host is nothing but oversellers , there service is not something to write home about.
I 1st hosted my phpbb forum with this host, my forum wont be active for more than 30min, it will automatically shot down, by then, i thought is from phpbb, after all i have done to resolve the issue with hope its from phpbb software no avail..
OK, I decided to switch to SMF, the problem still continues, my site won't be active for up to 45 mins, sit will start displaying
Connection Problems, Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Please whoever that is using this host, bear it in mind that very soon your website won't be yours again.. Cos it has been clarify that they are nothing but oversellers
What site did you host with them?
When did you host with them?
When did the issues come up?
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 12:16am On Apr 15, 2016
yomalex:
What site did you host with them?
When did you host with them?
When did the issues come up?

I hosted www.guruzworld.com

for the past 2months now, but I 1st started with them last year with phpbb, I still encountered the same issue, without knowing its from the host, I then migrated to SMF on the 12 march 2016, still yet, it makes no difference, view the site now and see yourself...
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by yomalex(m): 12:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Dhilariousdandy:

I hosted www.guruzworld.com

for the past 2months now, but I 1st started with them last year with phpbb, I still encountered the same issue, without knowing its from the host, I then migrated to SMF on the 12 march 2016, still yet, it makes no difference, view the site now and see yourself...
have you checked your database for any errors?
If yes visit Namecheap
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2016
yomalex:
have you checked your database for any errors?
If yes visit Namecheap

thanks fella, but sincerely, I'm having issues with Name cheap, open 2 accounts with 2 different emails and they detected it and block, please do you know how I can get my account back?
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by yomalex(m): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Dhilariousdandy:

thanks fella, but sincerely, I'm having issues with Name cheap, open 2 accounts with 2 different emails and they detected it and block, please do you know how I can get my account back?
are you sure that's the reason they blocked? As long as you are using different emails there should be no issues.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2016
yomalex:
are you sure that's the reason they blocked? As long as you are using different emails there should be no issues.

Ya, that's the reason, but I'm suggesting that may be, because I accessed the site with the same browser, they might have noticed two different account in one IP..
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 11:39am On Apr 15, 2016
The site is still unavailable since yesterday, please do you know how to switch over to another host without loosing any of your data??
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by georgen2u(m): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
I could had assisted U to migrate. I believe U don't have too much data. Its easy zip ur files upload to new host and unzip. Go to ur PHPmyadmin. Export the SQL database . Go to new host create new database go to her phpmyadmin select the database and import that SQL. Go to ur file manager open the script config file edit your database to point to new ones. Thats all. Login N do some URL changes in ur site. Its easy. But I got no time where am serving... could had helped. Me I do not host in shared servers am a server administrator I can get myself a vps of 40$ a year with up to 4gig ram 5tb bandwidth 200gig disk space N 4core processor set it up host as many site as I want. Shared hosting is a ripp off for me
Dhilariousdandy:
The site is still unavailable since yesterday, please do you know how to switch over to another host without loosing any of your data??
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Nairalander01: 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
georgen2u:
I could had assisted U to migrate. I believe U don't have too much data. Its easy zip ur files upload to new host and unzip. Go to ur PHPmyadmin. Export the SQL database . Go to new host create new database go to her phpmyadmin select the database and import that SQL. Go to ur file manager open the script config file edit your database to point to new ones. Thats all. Login N do some URL changes in ur site. Its easy. But I got no time where am serving... could had helped. Me I do not host in shared servers am a server administrator I can get myself a vps of 40$ a year with up to 4gig ram 5tb bandwidth 200gig disk space N 4core processor set it up host as many site as I want. Shared hosting is a ripp off for me
Please can you expantiate more on the bolded.
Thanks
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 6:18am On Apr 16, 2016
georgen2u:

Thanks so much sir, but there's a big problem now, i can't access my cpanel, my ftp refuses to log me in,,, the site himself is not connecting to the server www.Guruzworld.com

I don't know the cause of all this.., I have contacted them, and they said that they will get back to me, I'm still waiting for there reply thoo...

And the critical part is that, I don't have any available backup, I don't know whether it will be that easy to restore the site...?

And please sir, I'm interested in that VPS, I will appreciate if you can put me through...

Thanks..
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Samswags9(m): 11:25am On Apr 16, 2016
I Will Refer You To Http://0nairahost.tk
0Nairahost.tk has A Free Hosting Plan As Well As A Premium Plan.

And I Can Assure You Of No Server Problems And It Is 99% Guaranteed.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2016
Samswags9:
I Will Refer You To Http://0nairahost.tk
0Nairahost.tk has A Free Hosting Plan As Well As A Premium Plan.

And I Can Assure You Of No Server Problems And It Is 99% Guaranteed.
Thanks a lot dude, leme give it a try.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2016
They have responded, the site is working now, but I don't trust those guys, wanna move over to another host now...
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dhilariousdandy:

OK, I decided to switch to SMF, the problem still persist, my site usually goes offline for up to 45 mins, it sually displays....

Hello Dhilariousdandy,

If you'd be interested in a more solid uptime at an extremely cheap price then take a look at what we've in stock for you.

Now N2,500 per year Only!!! Get 5GB Large Disk Space, 50GB Bandwidth, Unlimited Email Accounts, Unlimited Databases, Unlimited Sub-domains, Unlimited FTP Accounts and More Unlimited Features with Free DDoS Protection, Free Unlimited SSL Certificates, Free Website Migration Assistance, Attracta SEO Tools, Softaculous, Cloudflare CDN, 100% Uptime, 24/7 Customer Support, 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Get all & even more for Only N2,500 per year!

We guarantee a rock solid 100% Uptime!

KINDLY CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR OUR WEBSITE
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dhilariousdandy:

Thanks a lot dude, leme give it a try.

PLEASE DON'T USE ANY FREE HOST, AS YOUR ISSUES WILL BE WORST. FREE HOSTS ARE VERY TERRIBLE.

1 Like

Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dhilariousdandy(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
MrAlozie:

Hello Dhilariousdandy,

If you'd be interested in a more solid uptime at an extremely cheap price then take a look at what we've in stock for you.

Now N2,500 per year Only!!! Get 5GB Large Disk Space, 50GB Bandwidth, Unlimited Email Accounts, Unlimited Databases, Unlimited Sub-domains, Unlimited FTP Accounts and More Unlimited Features with Free DDoS Protection, Free Unlimited SSL Certificates, Free Website Migration Assistance, Attracta SEO Tools, Softaculous, Cloudflare CDN, 100% Uptime, 24/7 Customer Support, 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Get all & even more for Only N2,500 per year!

Uhmm.... interesting..!! but I'm kinda confuse, that's exactly the same thing the smartweb guys guaranteed me, unlimited this & that, just to convince you... I don't believe that all this things exist in shared host..

How I'm I sure that I'm gonna get all this things you pasted above?

Sorry if my speech upsets you, just feeling really bad and disappointed...
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dhilariousdandy:

Uhmm.... interesting..!! but I'm kinda confuse, that's exactly the same thing the smartweb guys guaranteed me, unlimited this & that, just to convince you... I don't believe that all this things exist in shared host..

How I'm I sure that I'm gonna get all this things you pasted above?

Sorry if my speech upsets you, just feeling really bad and disappointed...

We could offer you a free trial for 24hrs.

Kindly visit our website and email us, so we can discuss further.

Regards.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by georgen2u(m): 11:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
Well it's simple sorry for late response. My site naijans which I hardly maintain is on a vps I bought at paltry sum. To get one for ur self go to www.lowendbox.com. if U need help setting it up am available
Nairalander01:

Please can you expantiate more on the bolded.
Thanks
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by georgen2u(m): 12:09am On Apr 17, 2016
I ran a whoise look up I discovered you are still in the same old shit. Its like voting out pdp and bringing in apc they are still the same

Name Server: ns17.doveserver.com
Name Server: ns18.doveserver.com
DNSSEC:Unsigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: email@publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1-2013775952
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-04

Your name server is doveserver this is a reseller account from either smartweb or any new upcoming. No offense but if U want to get reliability and be free as air go for your own vps. When ppl hear of vps they scream because U think that the ripped off vps you get from all the sub resellers of cpanel worth it? Snap out of it.. what made it so costly is the pay for they mgt which you may not need again after setup and cpanal 15$ monthly payment they include all and it will b hiked to 45-70$ depending on company. Lol I laugh hard in seeing it. Infact with your own vps and open source control panel you can host ad many site as you Wang even have a hosting account for other clients and the catch is that you don't Need to pay for those hikedup price with 45-50 use you can get a year vps hosting that will rock.. My site Afripals has been the mother of it but I let it out of view if U check my nameserver you will see it's costume. Ns1.Afripals.com Tis is one unique feature U will get. Also U get two or more dedicated ips... if you no what it means... enough just do it yourself by ordering any cheap plan in this portal dedicated for affordable vps www.lowendbox.com if you want me to help you. You need to whatsapp me on 08165674349 ... Goodluck

Dhilariousdandy:

Thanks so much sir, but there's a big problem now, i can't access my cpanel, my ftp refuses to log me in,,, the site himself is not connecting to the server www.Guruzworld.com

I don't know the cause of all this.., I have contacted them, and they said that they will get back to me, I'm still waiting for there reply thoo...

And the critical part is that, I don't have any available backup, I don't know whether it will be that easy to restore the site...?

And please sir, I'm interested in that VPS, I will appreciate if you can put me through...

Thanks..
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Dumdum217(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2016
georgen2u:
I ran a whoise look up I discovered you are still in the same old shit. Its like voting out pdp and bringing in apc they are still the same

Name Server: ns17.doveserver.com
Name Server: ns18.doveserver.com
DNSSEC:Unsigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: email@publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1-2013775952
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-04

Your name server is doveserver this is a reseller account from either smartweb or any new upcoming. No offense but if U want to get reliability and be free as air go for your own vps. When ppl hear of vps they scream because U think that the ripped off vps you get from all the sub resellers of cpanel worth it? Snap out of it.. what made it so costly is the pay for they mgt which you may not need again after setup and cpanal 15$ monthly payment they include all and it will b hiked to 45-70$ depending on company. Lol I laugh hard in seeing it. Infact with your own vps and open source control panel you can host ad many site as you Wang even have a hosting account for other clients and the catch is that you don't Need to pay for those hikedup price with 45-50 use you can get a year vps hosting that will rock.. My site Afripals has been the mother of it but I let it out of view if U check my nameserver you will see it's costume. Ns1.Afripals.com Tis is one unique feature U will get. Also U get two or more dedicated ips... if you no what it means... enough just do it yourself by ordering any cheap plan in this portal dedicated for affordable vps www.lowendbox.com if you want me to help you. You need to whatsapp me on 08165674349 ... Goodluck

Please bro, can you suggest to me where I can get cheap VPS at least of 2GB RAM?
Thanks.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Greene66: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dumdum217:

Please bro, can you suggest to me where I can get cheap VPS at least of 2GB RAM?
Thanks.

See here: https://www.serversonly.net/vps-hosting
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by VocalWalls: 5:28pm On May 04, 2016
MrAlozie:

Hello Dhilariousdandy,

Please, what's going on?
I've really lost a lot due to this downtime. I just hope my data remains intact.
Please tell us if something is wrong.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by emcee4love(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2016
Why don't you try Beta Host Limited.

Beta Host provides Reliable and cheap Web hosting in
Nigeria starting @ N3,000/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable Linux web servers with Data Centers close to you..

All our hosting plan comes with free 1year SSL Certificate to protect your site again theft......... Why not choose us as one of your reliable hosting today & you will never regret having us as web hosting company of your choice....

Cool Right, Visit us today: http://www.betahost247.com

Like us on Facebook for promotional offers & tips on how you can manage & Protect your site: http://www.facebook.com/betahost247 Twitter: http://twitter.com/betahost247
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by vastxyz: 6:16am On May 18, 2019
also note that if your website is hosted by smartweb only Nigerians will enjoy your website while people in abroad might have issues visiting your website.but if you are targeting another country or worldwide its better you go for foreign servers.most foreign servers are expensive ,especially when you convert it from their currency to naira but I have found the cheapest....

you can get it here http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-9086911-13606737

this is the result I got when searching for smartweb avalability worldwide

Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by juliusijidola: 8:24am On May 18, 2019
We sell fully verified account like PayPal, skrill, payoneer,adsense and admob etc at a affordable price.
Note: all accounts can send and receive payment in Nigeria without using vpn
Call me on 08168997794
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Webscript(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2019
Use betahost247

1 Like

Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by aniruddhdiwan: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2019
I would like to suggest you go with www.hostitsmart.com. I hosted my 4 websites with them.

Prices are really cheap compared to others with quality support services.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2019
A good web hosting company will always have the best stable server with 100% Uptime.

We have carried out a Research on this to juxtapose web hosting company in Nigeria , we have gathered our result

Read More

https://www.dailynewser.com/2019/05/17/we-discovered-a-good-web-hosting-company-with-the-best-server/

1 Share

Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by kajalagraval: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2020
Yes, This is very frustrating things. Not only share web but many companies doing the same things with their clients. I have such frustrating experience in my old days. Old days mean when I was a learner.

Friend, I tried many hosting companies some are good and some have average experience. I suggest you no go for Brands because they have a huge customer base so if something wrong with you or you tell them to leave your company then they never mind. They simply say yes you can go.

Currently, I host my 5 clients website on https://www.bytenap.com they are good as we talk about the support, even it is cheap and can migrate your website to their server without any single cost. I always prefer to transfer or host my client's website on the server. As I am a non-technical guy so...

Next time, I hope you find a good hosting provider.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by Omar09(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Dhilariousdandy:

Before you use any hosting services, make thorough investigation about that host. Check for people's reviews and if you didn't see any, then you shouldn't use it.
Re: Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng by jiggujoji: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2020
Experience the best possible faster web hosting for website. Our team of pros takes care of the backend, and you don't need to worry about it. Also we are providing cheap web hosting in india.

Cheap Hosting in India

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Domain Name Registration In Nigeria / How To Use Shoptomydoor To Get Ordered Goods Abroad To Your Door Step. / Lets Start An Open Source Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.