Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? (17990 Views)

Guy Knocked Out By Lamborghini Owner After Jumping On His £320k Supercar For Fun / Toyota Engine 1zz / Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by kingi777: 4:23pm On May 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

there is nothing wrong with 1zz-engines, if properly take care of, they will go over 200k without shorting oil. I have replaced over 7without any issues including the 4zz spec. Problem was you bought a bad engine. You are still throwing money away trying to fix it. Get a sharp toks and you will enjoy that vehicle.
With due respect Mr Gazzuzz, I didn't say what I earlier typed but what I read on the internet after googling "zz corolla engines". After 120,000 millage, any thing can happen. The engine I bought was toks but probably I wasn't lucky not to experience oil shortage again. I still respect my car because even with the shortage, its performance is great. In a nut shell, I will still advice for 2005 and above corolla cars since that's when they corrected the oil shortage problem.

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:10pm On May 12, 2016
kingi777:

With due respect Mr Gazzuzz, I didn't say what I earlier typed but what I read on the internet after googling "zz corolla engines". After 120,000 millage, any thing can happen. The engine I bought was toks
kingi777 post=45386063:
The engine I bought about 2 weeks ago has been a torn on my flesh. It runs fine o but swallowing oil any how like the previous engine I changed. I was managing it until the car stopped me on the road after I noticed it was making noise. Mechanic confirmed it was chain issue but that I could manage it until I decide to get it fixed. Now the car got a lot of things damaged when the engine was opened. The engine itself was ringed but not properly fixed the reason for oil shortage . The two times I changed oil, after 2 days, oil became so dark. Note I spent more than #200000 changing the car engine. 2 days ago, I gave #30,500 for parts including rings. Yesterday the chain roller was shown to me that has to be changed because of crack. Hopefully after grinding the top today, the car can be kick started.
Lesson: Since ZZ corolla engines below 2005 models have oil shortage issues after 120000 millage, be careful unless you want to change rings. Before buying engines, make sure you verify because most of the sellers are terrible without the fear of God. Immediately money enters their hands, story changes. Before you buy a car, google it so that you get basic information about it from previous users. Thanks.
but probably I wasn't lucky not to experience oil shortage again. I still respect my car because even with the shortage, its performance is great. In a nut shell, I will still advice for 2005 and above corolla cars since that's when they corrected the oil shortage problem.

you still feel you bought a tokumbor engine?
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by kingi777: 9:57pm On May 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you still feel you bought a tokumbor engine?
Well I paid for tokumbo engine but was probably duped. The seller is still swearing that it's tokumbo after the 2nd mechanic exposed his fraudulent transaction. I leave him for God to judge.
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01pm On May 12, 2016
kingi777:

Well I paid for tokumbo engine but was probably duped. The seller is still swearing that it's tokumbo after the 2nd mechanic exposed his fraudulent transaction. I leave him for God to judge.

if you are ever interested in a sludge free, oil short free, lowmileage Japanese 1ZZ-FE engine, let me know. It will not come cheap, but will be worth every naira.

2 Likes

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by kingi777: 10:13pm On May 12, 2016
Moreover, the timing chain got damaged as the car was making a noise until it finally stopped me on the way. Mechanic checked and discovered it was timing chain that jumped according to him and damaged many things. Sprocket, plate sensor, valves were all damaged. Had to change the top engine. The engine has been ringed again with other damages fixed. It's painful but some days are like that. Just brought out the car from mechanic yesterday. My camry 2000 never gave me issue after using it for nearly 3 years & sold it @180k millage. It's well with me.

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by Juliusgoje(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

if you are ever interested in a sludge free, oil short free, lowmileage Japanese 1ZZ-FE engine, let me know. It will not come cheap, but will be worth every naira.
Gazzuzz I have a corolla Sport 2003 model, and I'm thinking of changing the engine cos I'm experiencing oil shortage and its smoking a lil bit. A mechanic of mine told me there is an accident matrix 1zz engine available that is still good and at an affordable price .What will you advice me do cos I'm skeptical not to compound more problem or to save money and buy a good toks engine
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by Martini101(m): 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
Please, what is the recommended transmission
oil and steering oil for 2003 Lexus ES 300.
Thanks
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Juliusgoje:

Gazzuzz I have a corolla Sport 2003 model, and I'm thinking of changing the engine cos I'm experiencing oil shortage and its smoking a lil bit. A mechanic of mine told me there is an accident matrix 1zz engine available that is still good and at an affordable price .What will you advice me do cos I'm skeptical not to compound more problem or to save money and buy a good toks engine

I do not know the maintenance culture of the nigerian used toyota matrix owner before his vehicle was involved in an accident.

Engine might be good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by Espremo: 11:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
My Toyota celica 1zz engine has problem I insert another 3zz Toyota engine and it refused to start please your advice is needed
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by SmartchoicesNG: 6:41am On Mar 21, 2017
cheesy
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by SmartchoicesNG: 6:49am On Mar 21, 2017
I need an Honda civic engine D14A2 fresh toks with all the works

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by Espremo: 6:51am On Mar 21, 2017
Good morning my name is espremo my Toyota celica has 1zz engine and the engine is bad so we install another 3zz engine and it refused to start, the only way it can be start is when the mechanic spray fuel into the injector manually before it will start, please I need your help
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by honmusa(m): 7:11am On Mar 21, 2017
Espremo:
Good morning my name is espremo my Toyota celica has 1zz engine and the engine is bad so we install another 3zz engine and it refused to start, the only way it can be start is when the mechanic spray fuel into the injector manually before it will start, please I need your help
If the car is forced to start by forcing fuel into the system then the issue is fuel related. Check the systems concerned with fuel pump eg fuse,c/opn relay ,fuel pump etc

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2017
Espremo:

swap pulsar on crankshaft with the one that came with your original engine..

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by Enyimbamercedes: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2017
kingi777:
Thanks a lot Ironheart. Pls interpret ECU to a laymans understanding so the mechanic or parts seller will understand. Whats the popular common name in the market? Thanks.
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by kingi777: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

swap pulsar on crankshaft with the one that came with your original engine..
Oga Gazzuz, you toomuch! Most mechanics don't know this. I'm using 1zz engine now but before it could work, the sensor or rotor that originally came with the 4zz engine had to be inserted into the 1zz engine based on your advice. I'm enjoying my corolla in earnest.

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
kingi777:

Oga Gazzuz, you toomuch! Most mechanics don't know this. I'm using 1zz engine now but before it could work, the sensor or rotor that originally came with the 4zz engine had to be inserted into the 1zz engine based on your advice. I'm enjoying my corolla in earnest.

congratulations sir

1 Like

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by Segelu67: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2017
I have a tempered with (half engine was bought and fix into the old engine) 4zz engine that refuse to shock and was advised to buy another engine. I bought a good 1zz engine and again it refuse to shock and am really frustrated...what can I do as have paid for the engine already. my old half engine is no where to be found. Am now advised to buy another engine again. also Problem with cam sensor with my 4zz has 3 pins whereas 1zz has 2 pins. No spark with my sensor.
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by adanny01(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
Segelu67:
I have a tempered with (half engine was bought and fix into the old engine) 4zz engine that refuse to shock and was advised to buy another engine. I bought a good 1zz engine and again it refuse to shock and am really frustrated...what can I do as have paid for the engine already. my old half engine is no where to be found. Am now advised to buy another engine again. also Problem with cam sensor with my 4zz has 3 pins whereas 1zz has 2 pins. No spark with my sensor.

Na wa o!!!

Dont you think its time to cut your loses and get a guaranteed second opinion?
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
adanny01:

Na wa o!!!

Dont you think its time to cut your loses and get a guaranteed second opinion?

NO not yet, e needs to get a shock first grin
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by adanny01(m): 7:24am On Sep 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

NO not yet, e needs to get a shock first grin

Lol

Besides, is "shock" not an ecu-sensors thingy?

Modified:

Some people have no doubt in them that certain mechanics can make them cough out all they can.

Once a mechanic refused to follow my instructions, the engine was almost removed before I asked him to chose either my instruction or put everything back everything the way he saw it. He was adamant enough to refuse my instructions and put back everything wasting half of his day with no pay.
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2017
adanny01:

Lol

Besides, is "shock" not an ecu-sensors thingy?

4zz engine has a different crank pulsar plate pattern from te 1zz. Even the 1zz from usa and the one from europe have different pulsars. They have to be swapped with the original one from car, for car to start.

Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by samuelfil: 8:57pm On May 16, 2020
Pls how much is toyota corolla 2004 engine 1zz
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by Myexdisturbs: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

sad. Iv been in your shoes. I no longer buy engines from retailers, unless unavailable. I buy from warehouse complete as it came off from the stripped vehicle. With the harness,transmission, and sometimes engine ecu still attached. It's more expensive, but you can select from over 50diff engines and pic the sharpest one.
I need to change engine too,half and top 1zz Toyota Corolla, where can I get it from ?
Re: Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Myexdisturbs:

I need to change engine too,half and top 1zz Toyota Corolla, where can I get it from ?

08033910382 WhatsApp

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Avoid Buying A Flooded Car From The US? / Valeo Unveils Camera Tech That Allows Drivers To See The Back Of Their Trailers / Let's Discuss Wheel Alignment And Balancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.