Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Coach Banned For Calling Nigerian Player Eleke ‘black Idiot’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Banned For Calling Nigerian Player Eleke ‘black Idiot’ (441 Views)

Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Victor Moses Becomes Highestpaid Nigerian Player In Europe With New Chelsea Deal / PHOTO: Coach Banned For Calling Nigerian Player ‘black Idiot’ In Slovenia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coach Banned For Calling Nigerian Player Eleke ‘black Idiot’ by IkennaNweke(m): 7:19am On Apr 15, 2016
Marko Nikolac, coach of Slovenia side Olimpija Ljubljana has been handed a seven game ban for calling Nigerian forward Blessing Eleke a “black idiot”. Eleke had said his religious background influenced him in talking the club president Milan Mandaric out of sacking the Serbian. This prompted Mandaric to forgive Nikolac. The club president had said in a press briefing: “The remarks of our coach were not racially motivated. He just wanted to win the game. We are all focused on qualifying for the championship playoffs and going on to win the league.” However, the Slovenian FA intervened by banning Nikolac, citing “clear racism” as its reason for acting. Naij.com recalls that Marko Nikolac, had apologized to Eleke for fear of losing his job after he racially abused him. Nikolac said his remarks about Eleke were not racist as he only wanted his team to conserve time and try to score a winning goal as they aim to reach the championship playoffs.
He said he was very angry when he saw Eleke ‘over celebrating’ after the Nigerian scored a leveller for Olimpija on Sunday, April 10.

He said: “I wish to apologise to the to everyone – the President, the Sports Director, Blessing Eleke and finally all fans of Olimpija for an inadvertent remark, which when heard again on television later sounded very distasteful and worthy of condemnation. “My only wish was that after the equaliser on 92 minutes, we should try to get the winning goal. My target is to reach the national championship playoffs and go on to win the championship. I would like to thank all the team for understanding that my remarks were not meant to be racist.”
Re: Coach Banned For Calling Nigerian Player Eleke ‘black Idiot’ by Flexherbal(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2016
That is a country where people are punished for crime committed.

(1) (Reply)

Why Arsenal Must Sack Arsene Wenger? / Sportking Football Bet Predictions ( Join Now And You Might Get Lucky ) / Dead Referee 'appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.