Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,519 members, 7,861,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:23 PM

Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? (390 Views)

What Is Self Respect? / Racial Differences In Intelligence, Personality, And Behavior / Exchange Rate And Savings/investment Behavior In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? by akinjuly77(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2016
Is self-talk a deviate behavior ?

Well in our society today it is a deviate behavior, imagine if you see someone talk to his or her self , you look at him as if he his insane .

Psychologically let's look at Self-talk and the impact of self-talk to a personality , i will be sighting good examples of how self-talk can build a personality .

1. Reoccurring of visual representation : You will agree with me that self-talk helps to get the visual representation of images quickly which can help you to find objects you are searching for. Example : i entered my room and i was searching for my key & i say something like "Where is this key ? Okay I remember it is at ... then i went straight to where i saw it last .

2. Discards unpleasant thoughts : You will agree with me that you can discard things that makes you feel bad when you engage in self-talk whether loud or silent talks . I observed some people and I saw them talk perhaps on the street and i relate what they say and then noticed it is something really bothering them " there face looked worried as they engage in the self-talk.

3. Improves assimilation : Am not really sure this implies to so many people but from the survey i did, Self-talk makes some people learn and assimilate fast perhaps looks like they are teaching themselves and learning in the process .

Should Self-talk still remain a deviant behavior in our society ? Even though we are aware that Early Signs of Schizophrenia can be self-talk . Self talk still has advantages which we can't neglect !

How to manage self-talk to your advantage

1. Allow self-talk only in certain situations.
2. Write down your self-talk
3. Make conversations with people.
4. Keep busy
5. Caution your self talk to avoid speaking too loud .

Written by 200 level PSYCHOLOGY Student University of Ibadan .
Re: Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? by akinjuly77(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2016
Feel free to add your comments
Re: Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2016
Nice op

I agree with you that there are some advantages.... I normally 'self talk' when im trying to remember sth or im reading.....

Buh some people normally talk real loud and its as if they're actually having a conversation with someone..... It makes them look really wierd.
Re: Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? by STENON(f): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
I think self-Talk, self laughing, self discussion, etc are all the first sign of Psychological disorderliness.
Re: Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? by babyfaceafrica: 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
There is no disadvantage...introverts are the major culprist of selftalk....it allows them to think inward before saying anything,it allows them to plan properly before any action...I encourage selftalk..but of course too much of everything is bad except air
Re: Is Self-talk A Deviate Behavior ? by akinjuly77(m): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
You can manage it properly so you don't look insane that's why i added the tips to manage it below the post ... cheesy grin We won't go insane ooo

(1) (Reply)

50% - 100% Scholarships To Study Abroad In Europe For International Students / I Need Ur Advice Regarding Environmetal Toxicology / Handwriting Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.