Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? (1445 Views)

Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo / His Wife Visited White Garment Prophet Without Telling Him / This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by sexysegggs: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2016
Good day sir/ma, I want you to please advise me on what to do.

It came to pass as I returned from a job travels that took about a year. My father and I do communicate on phone.That is if we have hidden disagreement I wouldn't guessed it's possible. I received a call from one Alhaji(one of the tenants) that I should come back home to pack my housing loads. I couldn't figure what happened until I received another call that my father had sold the house. I couldn't believe it, I went back to Lagos Nigeria to confirm the truth.

Behold it is the truth! I lamented that what could be the reasons my father refused telling me. As the first born and the only graduate of the family, I persuade him (my father) to tell the reason for hiding such plan from me. He couldn't give any good reason for selling such huge houses. He said he owes a bank and a lot of people and couldn't bare it and other flimsy excuses and lies.

There are series of thoughts on my mind now. I couldn't figure "the why" of the whole issues. As the only child of my late mother, I realized I do leave a life of an orphan. What should be the wise steps I should take?

lalasticala please!!!
Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by DesChyko: 11:41am On Apr 15, 2016
I guess you should build yours and sell it without telling him too.

14 Likes

Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by totaldiva: 11:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Y not ask any of ur dad's friends to explain better to you why he sold all his houses if he doesn't want to tell you. Or anyone close to him dt you know they will know something about it. Then you can ask your father why he did that. And make sure he uses d money to settle all d debts he owes. D rest is Left for you to decide. Mind you he is your father, so take it easy with him.

1 Like

Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by worry359(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2016
You have to grow up and leave behind your little village mentality.
What is the meaning of "I am first born ?
It is your fathers house to which you have no rights until he gives them to you.
Never mind tribal rituals, this is 21st century law.
If your father sells everything and spends it on girls there is nothing that you can do.

6 Likes

Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
I don't believe your story- going through the trail of your threads doesn't lend credence to it at all.

Better luck next try.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by Acidosis(m): 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
Your dream of acquiring your father's wealth has been cut short. The wise thing to do now is: build your own house.

4 Likes

Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by sexysegggs: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Acidosis:
Your dream of acquiring your father's wealth has been cut short. The wise thing to do now is: build your own house.
It's not about inheriting his property. It is about the amount he sold those houses. And still owe those people. As I am typing this I now own my house.

I'm only thinking of another dimension.

1 Like

Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by aforti(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
sexysegggs:

It's not about inheriting his property. It is about the amount he sold those houses. And still owe those people. As I am typing this I now own my house.

I'm only thinking of another dimension.
His house is business, how much he sold it is his business. Get over it. The deed is done. Move on
Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by shevon: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
But seriously, is the house yours? He built it without your consent or you contributing to build it. Even if he inherited it from his own father, as long as he is alive, you have no right to whatever he owns because it is his. So, why should he tell or ask you for permission before he sells his stuff.
How do you know he is lying about owing the bank and other people? Let's even assume he is lying to get you off his back, if he refuses to give you any explanations will the heavens fall?
Oga, focus on being a man of your own and build a life for yourself without looking at what your father has built for himself.

1 Like

Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
sexysegggs:
Good day sir/ma, I want you to please advise me on what to do.

It came to pass as I returned from a job travels that took about a year. My father and I do communicate on phone.That is if we have hidden disagreement I wouldn't guessed it's possible. I received a call from one Alhaji(one of the tenants) that I should come back home to pack my housing loads. I couldn't figure what happened until I received another call that my father had sold the house. I couldn't believe it, I went back to Lagos Nigeria to confirm the truth.

Behold it is the truth! I lamented that what could be the reasons my father refused telling me. As the first born and the only graduate of the family, I persuade him (my father) to tell the reason for hiding such plan from me. He couldn't give any good reason for selling such huge houses. He said he owes a bank and a lot of people and couldn't bare it and other flimsy excuses and lies.

There are series of thoughts on my mind now. I couldn't figure "the why" of the whole issues. As the only child of my late mother, I realized I do leave a life of an orphan. What should be the wise steps I should take?

lalasticala please!!!

Who are you in the scope of things.He made you and owns his house.Why should he tell you?Build yours and sell it.
Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by jashar(f): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
Unu lekwa ooo....
Is it your house? sad shocked
Re: My Father Sold A House Without Telling Me, What Should I Do? by sisisioge: 10:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
Are you seriously asking what to do about your father selling his own house? Whew, go work for yours sweetheart. His house is his to do his bidding with...geskia.

(1) (Reply)

11 Most Weird Celebrity Wedding Dress and Outfit in the world / Need A Loving Guy For My Sis (abeg U No C Dis On Nairaland O Or Else M Dead) / What Would Be Your Action If Your Wife Did This To Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.