Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,013 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) (2807 Views)

Male Student Disguises As Lady To Steal In Female Hostel (photo) / Bowen University Students Who Fought, Sent Out Of Their Hostel (Photos) / Hunter Kills Python At Students’ Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by mezynaija(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
According to students of UNiZik, this 13-feet python was killed in a building close to a male hostel, last Saturday. Worried by the development, students are calling on the management to ensure their safety.

This happened at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) in Awka, the Anambra State capital, last Saturday when a python was killed in an uncompleted building close to a male hall of residence.
Being a weekend, majority of the students had gone out for extra-curricula activities; some chose to play football; others engaged in other games.
Few minutes past 9am, an unidentified man raised the alarm on sighting the python. Those in their hostels thought it was a joke, until the python crawled out of the building.
Students ran helter skelter on seeing it. A local hunter, who lives in the building, chased the python with a cutlass, battling it for several minutes before overpowering it.
Students, who watched the scene from a distance, were stunned by his bravery. The brave among them joined the hunter to kill the python.
The students took the lifeless animal round the campus in a triumphant mood. As they went round, some students, out of fear that the python may come back to life, pulled back.
Reliving the incident, the hunter, who simply gave his name as Okey, said he found the python when he heard a strange noise in the building.
He said: “Out of curiosity, I moved round the building to know what was happening. I initially thought somebody was held in captivity within the building. But, what I saw was beyond my imagination. I saw the snake folded at a corner of a room. I quickly fetched my cutlass and an iron rod and moved to attack it before the students joined in killing it.”
The students wondered how the animal got into the campus.
A student, who gave his name as Iyke, compared the scenario to a “movie scene”. He said: “I was playing football with other mates as we do every weekend when we heard people shouting, “python”, “python”, “python”. We left the field to see what was going on and what we saw shocked us. It was like a scene in a movie. I never saw a snake as big and long as this. The length of the snake frightened other students, who ran away. We discovered that the hunter had already overpowered the python. We joined in killing the snake.”
Another student, Ebuka Ezeah, said: “When the hunter raised the alarm about the python, some brave students rushed to the scene with stones and sticks. They hurled stones at the snake, killing it on the spot.”
The students turned it all into a carnival, celebrating the python’s death. They sang and danced, carrying the python from one hostel to another and to various departments.
There was a drama when the school security officers came to the hostel and attempted to remove the python. But the students resisted, chanting: “bring back our snake”. The snake was returned to the hunter.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/04/mighty-snake-taminated-in-students.html

Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Skryptchex(m): 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kk
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by DesChyko: 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
'Mighty Snake' undecided
Baba, you don't need all those vibes to sell the thread. Just be patient. It will make frontpage. However, there is a bigger-snake story yet to hit FP, so, join the queue.
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Welber(f): 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bloggers at work

OP, it's Terminated not taminated

According to students of UNiZik, this 13-feet python was killed in a building close to a male hostel, last Saturday

And this is just making news after almost a week?

BREAKING NEWS!
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by vizkiz: 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
not another snake story again! angry
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by STENON(f): 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ok.
This is a frontpage topic.
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by ozoebuka1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
na sure game be this... e go click ... snake story na sure game for nairaland.. if u get war ram saying....
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by deewhone(f): 3:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
snakeland
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by mercielizzie(f): 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
I was here.
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by LouisBERG: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Oh!!! not again.. Ok I give up *sigh* #caLLmeBERG
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by PreacherxSon(m): 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
The best meat ever !!!
#SoSweet
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by georgementday(m): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Snake meat is very delicious,almost a replica of catilage fish like shark meat
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Demallcrazy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
FTC! cool
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by phranq(m): 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
front page material!!! bobcharly oya oooo

1 Like

Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by duduade: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Taminate ko... Taminator ni... And this will be a graduate in months or years to come...
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Generalmac(m): 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
OK.
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Snake in the student shadow grin
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Akshow: 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by mexyk(m): 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
Keep taminating

1 Like

Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by anselm791(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
You're a little too late, this topic has already made front page.
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by OsoDupe(f): 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Taminated?
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by jayne8585yahoo(f): 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Na war ooo
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Idydarling(f): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
I see myself on fp
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Doubleezy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
Wat a snake in d monkey shadow
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by ednut1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
pytons cant harm us so y kill dem. pytons make una dey stay inside bush dey hunt grass cutter nd oda animals. humans no get joy
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Ojestas(m): 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
ednut1:
pytons cant harm us so y kill dem. pytons make una dey stay inside bush dey hunt grass cutter nd oda animals. humans no get joy
:-/ Even if a lizard mistakenly does rubbish stunt infront of me. . i d kill it talkess of snake. Don't pythons hurt, truly??
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Thebrightest(m): 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
If e no enter frontpage, make my mess smell.
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by Frank3n2(m): 12:09am On Apr 16, 2016
Waiting for front page.. Lala come and see!!
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by bamirotola: 12:18am On Apr 16, 2016
Lalasticala d snake hunter....ur food don com...Fp str8
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by ednut1(m): 2:08am On Apr 16, 2016
Ojestas:
:-/ Even if a lizard mistakenly does rubbish stunt infront of me. . i d kill it talkess of snake. Don't pythons hurt, truly??
they hv no venom. they constricts thier preys( goats dogs chicken sheep turkey) are animals they wud normally kill when they come around human settlement.
Re: Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) by TheBlackGeneral(m): 6:53am On Apr 16, 2016
Taminated!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben / How To Know Your JAMB Examination Center And Date For 2018 UTME / Download JAMB Novel Sweet Sixteen Summary In Pdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.